Sign in to follow this  
Corronjedi

What will you take home if you win sullust?

Now that all the cards and ships have been spoiled what will you pick if you win. Even tho I primarily play rebel I could see myself picking the ISD simply because I could see wanting to own two of those over two mc80s. I love all the new ships il be happy to take home anyone of them now that Iv seen them all.

Yeah Im pretty sure its a given that 90% of people will take home an ISD purely based on monetary and rule of cool reasons alone.

But honestly if I had say, second pick, I'd be taking home the MC-30. Its a much more interesting ship. Gives the Rebels a close range ship, and it has some nice upgrades as well. It's also going to be tricky as hell to fly well, so i'll need all the practice i can get with it.

Edited by Bipolar Potter

Here's how I'd guess most people would do it.

The most expensive ship for the faction they play exclusively. If they don't play one faction exclusively then they would pick the most expensive ship.

Some might pick the ISD even if they don't play Imperials and sell it on ebay for $100+

I'd take the mc80 or isd first, really depends on my opponent. If he's a strictly rebel or imperial player I'd take the faction he doesn't play since I play with both. I like the raider and mc30 more, however I can justify dropping 15-20$ on a small ship alot more than 60$ on the gome one.

If I get the opportunity to Attend (and win) at Two tournaments this weekend, then I'm certainly going to go after either big ship, but I think my second choice is actually going to be Rogues and Villains.

I mean, I get the whole "most expensive first" mentality - but outside of these tournaments, I'm not going to be able to buy anything until after Christmas, so I should get something that should be immediately useful to both sides.

I have no interest in the value of the ship. I do however think I'd be just as happy taking an ISD as I would an MC30 or Raider.

I have little desire to own multiple MC80 or Rogue packs at this time.

Yeah, that's bad....

For me it'll be the ISD or Home One. I'm basically holding off my second pre-order purchase until after this weekend as I plan on grabbing 1 more MC30, 2 more villains, and at least one more of each big ship :)

@Buddha7305

do players have to pay to enter this Abomination at Sullust?

Yes, we have to pay to enter the tournament as well.  If it fills up it should cover the cost of the tourney pack, but we will still have to pay for the ships if we win (not discounted at all).   Unfortuantly this is the only store that would even run star war tourneys so we put up with it.  Next closet store would be over 4 hour drive.

Probably the fighter pack as the store running our tournament is you don't get the ships for free you get the right to purchase a ship at his inflated pricing.

Then you should call them out to FFG, because that's against the rules.

I'm also going to add this:

If its direct from FFG (ie, you are in the United States), then report it directly to FFG.

If it is outside of the US, then report it directly to the Distributor.  FFG has universal distributors for the locations, which you can find on the Sullust registration page.  

The Extreme cost for airshipping these in advance is not offset by the prices that Retailers have paid for the packs.  Subsequently, FFG has set retailer guidelines for these events, and if the retailer is not playing by the rules, which include, but are not limited to:

Distributing Prizes Earlier than the Weekend

Distributing Prizes to other than Winners

Holding the Event at other times (without permission)

Witholding more than allowed prizing

The Penalty can include total blacklisting on FFG promotional material and events packages for the forseeable future.

4Yes, we have to pay to enter the tournament as well.  If it fills up it should cover the cost of the tourney pack, but we will still have to pay for the ships if we win (not discounted at all).   Unfortuantly this is the only store that would even run star war tourneys so we put up with it.  Next closet store would be over 4 hour drive.

You should not put up with it.  Its effectively Scalping / Price Gouging.  Which, as we know, are generally considered illegal.