Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

Lieutenant Colzet - Experiences?

Die someone test out Lieutenant Colzet and can post some experiences?

I am thinking of Colzet plus Sensor Jammer could be an annoying "Astral-Critter". Particularly in times of Y-wings and other ships with higher hull numbers. Or maybe better to put Fire Control System on him so he can use his target lock and then spend it afterwards.

Spending of Target Lock doesn´t has to be in range he can do it from the other side of the play area. Looks solid for me for 23 points.

Comments?

I've put him in a 4 Advanced list headed by Vader. Colzet replaced one of the Accuracy Corrector Tempests and had FCS attached. He did OK. His ability, while nice, is very situational and his low PS means he doesn't always have arc on the ships you want to nail. But it did flip up one crit during the game and it was helpful (the stress token on an already stressed ship). I think if you keep him cheap with a group of other ships, he can contribute as long as you don't obsess over trying to trigger his ability.

Colzet FCS

Howlrunner

BSP x 4 and 3 of them with Crackshot

I've played that twice.  I liked it for a few reasons.  One, Crackshot obviously makes it easier to land some damage and also for Colzet to have something to flip.  Two, it makes target priority difficult to pick.  Do you go for Howlrunner?  Colzet?  One of the Crackshots?

Hi there [Consumer], I see you're talking about my Buddy [Lt. Colzet]. I would like to inform you his BFF and Wingmate for Life is Maarek Stele. Load Maarek with PTL Mk2 and Adv homing missiles (as well as atc and title [duh]) and you have yourself a Fun Ship of Death and Sadness!

The idea with these two love muffins is to have Colzet act as a blocker. load him with title and Acc Correctors. that way its a no brainer ship, just TL and block!!! no Red dice required!!!  The best part of these two is Maarek Stele's ability to Pick a crit!!!

What? You dont know what his ability is? BOY DO I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU "When your attack deals a faceup Damage card to the defender, instead draw 3 Damage cards, choose 1 to deal, and discard the others."

Waa woo wee woo... What a Predicament... do you draw a Direct hit to Kill that stubborn Corran Horn? OR do you draw that blinded pilot and Force rage him in to flying horn off the board? DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!!!

What that? Your buddy doesnt Fly Corran horn? He Flies TLT's? Oh boy. Wouldn't it be just the saddest thing to give that TLT using jerk his comuppins? Well until they replace the damage deck you can abuse that silly little crit that says Discard that silly secondary weapon.

JINKIES!!!! That's effective! 

BUT WAIT THERES MORE..!!!!!

These are just two cogs in your list!!! You have all the pick of the litter to fill out the rest!

42 points to be exact if you follow my list from above!

Don't forget Any crit you pick with Stele Can be Flipped Infinitely with Colzet.... Have a Pesky Soontir Fel Flying circles around you? would be a shame if he kept getting too many Stresses from that crit you just pulled from Stele...

Boy howdy was that fun.... Just remember Boys and Girls (and any other race in the known and unknown universe) You can Pick your crits, but you cant pick your nose... THATS JUST GROSS!

-Panic 217 resident Tie Advanced Pusher (and fan of Colzet)

Edited by Panic 217

Hi there [Consumer], I see you're talking about my Buddy [Lt. Colzet]. I would like to inform you his BFF and Wingmate for Life is Maarek Stele. Load Maarek with PTL Mk2 and Adv homing missiles (as well as atc and title [duh]) and you have yourself a Fun Ship of Death and Sadness!

The idea with these two love muffins is to have Colzet act as a blocker. load him with title and Acc Correctors. that way its a no brainer ship, just TL and block!!! no Red dice required!!!  The best part of these two is Maarek Stele's ability to Pick a crit!!!

What? You dont know what his ability is? BOY DO I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU "When your attack deals a faceup Damage card to the defender, instead draw 3 Damage cards, choose 1 to deal, and discard the others."

Waa woo wee woo... What a Predicament... do you draw a Direct hit to Kill that stubborn Corran Horn? OR do you draw that blinded pilot and Force rage him in to flying horn off the board? DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!!!

What that? Your buddy doesnt Fly Corran horn? He Flies TLT's? Oh boy. Wouldn't it be just the saddest thing to give that TLT using jerk his comuppins? Well until they replace the damage deck you can abuse that silly little crit that says Discard that silly secondary weapon.

These are just two cogs in your list!!! You have all the pick of the litter to fill out the rest!

Don't forget Any crit you pick with Stele Can be Flipped Infinitely with Colzet.... Have a Pesky Soontir Fel Flying circles around you? would be a shame if he kept getting too many Stresses from that crit you just pulled from Stele...

Boy howdy was that fun.... Just remember Boys and Girls (and any other race in the known and unknown universe) You can Pick your crits, but you cant pick your nose... THATS JUST GROSS!

Well said ;) But I don´t get the synergy between Stele and Colzet.

Stelle picks crit that can be flipped down, colzet flips back up.

Uh now I see, that´s nice ;)

Uh now I see, that´s nice ;)

yw

I've used him in couple epic games, and a few 100 pt squads.

My latest was maarek, colzet, and mangler kath.

Out of three games with this squad I never got use out of any of their abilities.

Either the hits that got through were crits (so no cards to flip) or was killed (so MO maarek ability either)

Very situational I found.

Even in the epic games he was either dead, or the ship he target locked was dead before he got use from his ability

But I like this squad as a fun squad

Maarek

Title

Advanced targeting computer

Colzet

Title

Advanced targeting computer

Proton rockets

Kath

Rebel captive

Mangler Cannon

The advanced targeting computer on colzet isn't bad

As you attack you get that extra crit

Then at the end phase you can spend it to give another crit.

I added Proton rockets to him but may switch something else to kath.

Proximity mines probably as I love them mines

(actually I may have forgotten about maarek ability once lol, but this squad did deal out a lot of crits

Edited by Krynn007

I took Colzet to a recent mini-tourney and did relatively well with him.  I paired him with Vader and Vessery, the list was more of a desire to play the Defender (I so want them to be viable) than Colzet, but he came in very handy.  He is a perceived threat and can be a relatively cheap bait, but he can also be effective: one round he flipped two double damage crits and a blinded pilot.  The damage cards need not be his own, just that he has a lock on that ship, so FCS handy to keep locks up even if his direct damage output isn't that brilliant.  I like the pilot, at PS3 he's OK versus 4xTLT lists, can block reasonably well, and can turn the game on its head without heavy investment.

The Lieutenant is probably my favorite pilot of the recent releases. A FCS Colzet paired with Mareek (Predator, Advanced Homing Missile, Title, ATC) and Vessery (VI and HLC) puts his ability to good use.

He can evade every turn for that extra bit of defense and then the FCS powers his ability. The first time people see him flip a crit, they go nuts trying to kill him. If he is constantly taking TLs as his action, he will die really fast.

Seriously, though. I love this pilot

Edited by Mello13

I DO think running him with FCS is not as good as Accuracy Corrector. He becomes very unreliable on offense, relegated to players focusing more on his ability than giving good damage output. Accuracy Corrector is just way better Offense on a 2 dice ship.

Whats the best way to play him?

1. Use Accuracy Corrector

2. Take Focus or Evade when under fire

3. Take TL when you don't think you need F or E

4. Target Lock ships that have damage cards or you suspect will have damage cards by the end of the round.

The AccC Tempest is a good ship, so Colzet played that way will be just as good, AND will occasionally get to use his ability for some sweet effects. He's also PS3 so he may assist in PS killing a TLT Y Wing.

Heck, I can think of multiple game sutuations where having Colzet instead of a Tempest would have caused some serious pain. I think I just end up not running him as much solely due to his 23 pt cost vs 21 pt cost. The lists I've tried putting him in have really wanted those 2 pts for something else.

Edited by phild0

this is a little strange, but I have one negative Colzet experience.

I think a lot of people pull another DMG card from the bottom of the deck to represent that 2nd DMG from Direct Hit. Thanks to Colzet, I need to turn that 2nd DMG card sideways to distinguish it from "flippable" dmg. LOL.

as for builds? Nah, I tried him in a 4ccuracy build (4 adv w/ accuracy correctors), but his PS3 wasn't good alongside the PS4 mini-swarm. So I took him out. Much rather have 4ccuracy all run at PS4.

this is a little strange, but I have one negative Colzet experience.

I think a lot of people pull another DMG card from the bottom of the deck to represent that 2nd DMG from Direct Hit. Thanks to Colzet, I need to turn that 2nd DMG card sideways to distinguish it from "flippable" dmg. LOL.

as for builds? Nah, I tried him in a 4ccuracy build (4 adv w/ accuracy correctors), but his PS3 wasn't good alongside the PS4 mini-swarm. So I took him out. Much rather have 4ccuracy all run at PS4.

They don't leave the direct damage card face up and recount total damage for each new damage card received? That's the one persistent crit I don't use crit tokens for.

Using a second damage card for Direct Hit is doing it wrong, precisely for dealing with the increasing number of cards that flip crits over. Direct Hit, once drawn, remains face up so this situation never occurs (or you can fix it with some cards). It's fine in casual play of course (though this may still come up), but you should probably get in the habit of playing it right if you're going to go to any tournaments.