Sign in to follow this  
Reiryc

I saw wave 2 ships today...

It's a bit weird though, innit? Like, is it normal in the background for ships to be moving their shields to other ships?And how are people not losing their minds over Independence? Speed four B Wings? That's amazing!

they don't attack also, I'm too used to speed 0 B-wings (that attack twice)  if they were just speed 4 (with attack intact), the title could have been quite decent.
Right, but in order to cover that kind of distance it would normally take two turns. And capital ships can move a long way in two turns. This lets you bring your B Wings up from distance 4, into a position where they can attack next turn. And if you're clever with them, you move them this turn, then get two turns of Yavaris activations out of them, then move them again to repeat the fun.This gives B Wings so much more utility. They're already scary, but for 8 points you make them super scary! No longer do you have to rely on area denial, mind reading, or the Contested Outpost objective. Now B Wings can be played aggressively, chasing down enemy ships!If nothing else, that can move 4 in one turn, then move 2 and attack in the next. It basically boosts their speed to 3. And if you manage to park them where something has to fly into them, then you're golden.
You get it!

I think I'll just stick to reading minds

maybe if Independence came with a disengage mechanic or something, but eh. Honestly, I'd rather spend the points upgrading 4 Bs into Silly Bombers

What is the boosted comms text for those of us without a facebook account?

give me a while. I am putting together a video on the pictures I took

it's long range squadron commands for fun times with rebel ships or rhymer balls

it's a brave new world out there :o

eats hangar's slot, though. Bit of a drawback there, outside the ISD-1

Edited by ficklegreendice

I'm pretty disappointed with Defiance. You would only really use that in the early turns to get B-Wings a little further out. However, I usually use that time to stock up on some tokens. I can't see paying 8 points for it. Boosted Coms, however, is a great upgrade for a good cost.

Assuming Independence I agree, if your using Yavaris right it isn't going to help much.

I'm pretty disappointed with Defiance. You would only really use that in the early turns to get B-Wings a little further out. However, I usually use that time to stock up on some tokens. I can't see paying 8 points for it. Boosted Coms, however, is a great upgrade for a good cost.

I think you mean Independence? I think it's awesome. It really puts squadrons back on the mix, especially when it's coupled with Boosted Comms. First you can use it to get those slow B Wings in position (although it's helpful with any rebel squadrons, B Wings profit the most) and then, after a Yavaris activation or two, you can use Independence again chase down enemy ships that thought they were safe.

"Haha!" he thinks. "I've outrun those pesky squadrons!"

"Oh yeah?" you reply. "Watch this"

8 points is a lot for a situational upgrade

Thanks and well done Lyraeus!

MC80 Command cruiser with projection experts, redundant shields, boosted comms, slaved turrets and independence?

138 points?

Seems like a great support/command ship? Could strip out the slaved turrets and redundant shelds to save 14 points, make it 124 and it would be almost as effective.

Can't wait to run these things both versions. I am having a hard time not liking them even after IFF's dislike train. still like you guys though!

boosted comms are dead ******* sexy

dash being 24 makes a lot more sense than 26

dat blue ion better-than-intel + skreed...

what the hell do projector experts do?

also, how the blue **** is Independence worth 8 points? I can barely justify 3 for that

Defiance all day it is!

Yeah I am shocked that this is the most expensive title.

Adar Talon is a lot of points on top of that title, AND he only toggles one squadron.

I feel like the title is... a trap.  Don't sink that many points into your ships to buff your squadrons, have your squadrons support your ships.

I'm a 100pt squadron guy and I agree!

Overall there's some good and some not so good.

I'm not impressed with Independence. At least not for what it costs. The other 2 MC-80 titles are just sooooo good by comparison.

The egineering Captian, Wing Commander, etc are really interesting cards. You can play them 2 ways. Either take the version that gives your emergency order, i.e. Navigate, etc. or take them and plan to use them most turns but have the set order be your backup. Which is how I think I might use Wing Commander. They are a bit expensive, but could make your ship really flexible. I may have to work up a post comparing those to Liasons and Support Officers.

Slaved Turrets are disappointing. You give up quite a bit for one extra red dice. Plus they are a modification to boot. There are better Turbolaser upgrades.

NK-7s are amazing. Expensive, but amazing. Wallex Blissex may become an important guy to have around.

Boosted Comms are good. Those will be a really effective card.

Yeah slaved turrets was a let down. possibly worth it on Space Whales and Mc80s if you're skirting.

It's a bit weird though, innit? Like, is it normal in the background for ships to be moving their shields to other ships?

And how are people not losing their minds over Independence? Speed four B Wings? That's amazing!

they don't attack

also, I'm too used to speed 0 B-wings (that attack twice)

if they were just speed 4 (with attack intact), the title could have been quite decent.

Right, but in order to cover that kind of distance it would normally take two turns. And capital ships can move a long way in two turns. This lets you bring your B Wings up from distance 4, into a position where they can attack next turn. And if you're clever with them, you move them this turn, then get two turns of Yavaris activations out of them, then move them again to repeat the fun.

This gives B Wings so much more utility. They're already scary, but for 8 points you make them super scary! No longer do you have to rely on area denial, mind reading, or the Contested Outpost objective. Now B Wings can be played aggressively, chasing down enemy ships!

If nothing else, that can move 4 in one turn, then move 2 and attack in the next. It basically boosts their speed to 3. And if you manage to park them where something has to fly into them, then you're golden.

That is a lot of titles and upgrades dedicated to 3 b wings.......

always was

and

Sweet, sounds like squadrons may be of some use in a tourney setting... at least I hope so!

always were

Wishful thinking to be sure... but I give you an A for effort

I just fail to see how non squadron players are easily winning games to the point that they believe squadrons aren't worth it. 50 points in squadrons is light to me.

always was

and

Sweet, sounds like squadrons may be of some use in a tourney setting... at least I hope so!

always were

I just fail to see how non squadron players are easily winning games to the point that they believe squadrons aren't worth it. 50 points in squadrons is light to me.

because when one is at 4 activations and you are at 2 or 3--the one with 4 activations has an advantage.  It gets real ugly if one of your ships is taken out quickly too.

always was

and

always were

because when one is at 4 activations and you are at 2 or 3--the one with 4 activations has an advantage.  It gets real ugly if one of your ships is taken out quickly too.

I see the advantage of more activations, I really do, but I think that the 'meta' puts it on to much of a pedestal. Just my opinion.

They had only asked about the large ships. I am clear for everything. Won't be doing the squadron pack though. We know what's in there.

That's good, I was a little scared someones ip might get back tracked and some store store could get a talking to.

I know my local store takes the whole release date seriously. But if ffg is jiggy with it, no worries.

nonono they're totally right

squadrons are horrible and unviable

if you see B-wings, just run right through them

they can't hurt you

why would I lie to you :rolleyes:

because I want a free sullest mon cal

I ran through 2 of them and regretted it.  Never again!

o7

...**** they're learning

Also, someone please tell me why a two ship list of two ISD carriers like the following wouldn't be brutal.  Set speed 3 from the start, bank an engineering token turn one, and then spam squadron commands for the rest of the game.  14 hull gives you plenty of time to chew them up with the bombers and your ISD front arcs...

You're going to be blowing past your opponent and, possibly, right off the board if you don't work some nav commands in there. 

always was

and

always were

I see the advantage of more activations, I really do, but I think that the 'meta' puts it on to much of a pedestal. Just my opinion.

I don't know nothin' 'bout no meta.... but I do know that in games of this sort, more activations is a benefit, especially with the point system for tournaments that way it is.

always was

and

always were

I don't know nothin' 'bout no meta.... but I do know that in games of this sort, more activations is a benefit, especially with the point system for tournaments that way it is.

Not saying its not a benefit of some kind just does it offset the benefit of squadrons... and now we are at square one of this whole debate.......... -_- lol

Edited by Tirion

always was

and

always were

Tell that to the GSD trains I kill.

They had only asked about the large ships. I am clear for everything. Won't be doing the squadron pack though. We know what's in there.

That's good, I was a little scared someones ip might get back tracked and some store store could get a talking to.

I know my local store takes the whole release date seriously. But if ffg is jiggy with it, no worries.

I worked in military intelligence. They can torture me but all they get is my Serial Number

Projection Experts looks like it could be really fun. You could literally use an MC80 as a rechargeable shield battery, if it was equipped with redundant shields, as you could transfer 2 shields and then recover 1 shield immediately and the second during the status phase. I think this would be especially helpful for running another MC80 between enemy ships as it could essentially gain back 4 shield points a turn or more if another ship also had Projection Experts.  

I am also wondering what people think of running an MC80 Command Cruiser with Defiance, Overload Pulse and Enhanced Armament with Ackbar, presumably on another ship, as Admiral. That would be 6 red dice and 4 blue dice (so as to maximize likelihood of triggering Overload Pulse) with about a 2/3 chance of exhausting all their defense tokens.