Sign in to follow this  
Reiryc

I saw wave 2 ships today...

Is in Lyraeus's pictures.

Projection experts - Eng Command - spend up to two engineering points to move that number of shields to a friendly ship at distance 1-5. 6 points.

I know, but I can't read it

me poor sh*tty eyes :(

also thanks :D

that's a weirdly interesting support ability

Projection experts - Eng Command - spend up to two engineering points to move that number of shields to a friendly ship at distance 1-5. 6 points.

I am currently freaking out right now.  Too much to actually post any write up or coherent jargon.

This took me by surprise, and you will need to give me a while to actually digest all of this.

Like, i dont know what to say, but i am now... I dont know what to say...

I am a very, very happy man.  So happy. So, so happy.

****. . . Did not realize that was blurry. I will take a new picture tomorrow. . . When I am playing with it.. . Like I said. . . Horrible person. . .

I will be doing a battle report and giving you all my thoughts as I go. . . I figure it will boost my YouTube channel and let you all see what's going on. . . I may even live stream it if I can get that running. . .

It's a bit weird though, innit? Like, is it normal in the background for ships to be moving their shields to other ships?

And how are people not losing their minds over Independence? Speed four B Wings? That's amazing!

they don't attack

also, I'm too used to speed 0 B-wings (that attack twice)

if they were just speed 4 (with attack intact), the title could have been quite decent.

Edited by ficklegreendice

It's a bit weird though, innit? Like, is it normal in the background for ships to be moving their shields to other ships?

And how are people not losing their minds over Independence? Speed four B Wings? That's amazing!

Sorry, projection experts bigger. Speed 4 bwings? it's... something I guess. Activation from long range is better.

So projection experts transfers shields from one ship to another. It is up to 2 shields so funnily enough it triggers off an engineering command SO, you can transfer 2 shields then use your engineering command to repair both shields. . .

they don't attack

if they were just speed 4 (with attack intact), the title could have been quite decent.

That would be like a 15 point title.

I see this great early on because you can send that YT-1300 or X-Wings in and engage something more than a range ruler away. That is pretty good.

With B-Wings it let's you set them up for a turn where your selected ship can move speed 3 and be within command range next turn (looking at you Yavaris)

So projection experts transfers shields from one ship to another. It is up to 2 shields so funnily enough it triggers off an engineering command SO, you can transfer 2 shields then use your engineering command to repair both shields. . .

No, your doing the command (or token) to spend 0-2 of the points you generate to move that amount of shields to another ship at long range.  So if you had an engineering of 4, you would be able to transfer 2 and repair one, or use a token in adition to transfer 2 and repair 2.  But I wont have that on a front line tanky ship.  But hello redemption and tantitive.

a title that grants that kind of situational flexibility is, for me, capped at the same range as liaisons and Relentless

8 points is ridiculous. Would rather just get A-wings from the start

considering the sheer 5-point power of Yavaris Paragon and Defiance, I think FFG goofed on this one

they don't attack

That would be like a 15 point title.

I see this great early on because you can send that YT-1300 or X-Wings in and engage something more than a range ruler away. That is pretty good.

With B-Wings it let's you set them up for a turn where your selected ship can move speed 3 and be within command range next turn (looking at you Yavaris)

Put Adar Tallon on it too? Speed 4 2 x Bwing and 2 x Xwing into the strike?

Yes I think can definitely combo well with Yavaris.

No, your doing the command (or token) to spend 0-2 of the points you generate to move that amount of shields to another ship at long range.  So if you had an engineering of 4, you would be able to transfer 2 and repair one, or use a token in adition to transfer 2 and repair 2.  But I wont have that on a front line tanky ship.  But hello redemption and tantitive.

Yup. The wording is:

Engineering Command: You may spend up to 2 engineering points to move that many shields from your ship to a friendly ship at distance 1-5.

Oddly enough you can move it back to yourself. . . It is not another friendly ship, it is just friendly and you are friendly to yourself. . . Lol. Convolution!

a title that grants that kind of situational flexibility is, for me, capped at the same range as liaisons and Relentless

8 points is ridiculous. Would rather just get A-wings from the start

considering the sheer 5-point power of Yavaris Paragon and Defiance, I think FFG goofed on this one

Yup but those require things to occur that may never occur.

Try it out and see how it assists you. I think you may find that being able to take your B-Wings and strike a further target that is running is helpful.

Yup. The wording is:

Engineering Command: You may spend up to 2 engineering points to move that many shields from your ship to a friendly ship at distance 1-5.

Oddly enough you can move it back to yourself. . . It is not another friendly ship, it is just friendly and you are friendly to yourself. . . Lol. Convolution!

Redundancy. You could already do that by default as part of the engineering command.

Overall there's some good and some not so good.

I'm not impressed with Independence. At least not for what it costs. The other 2 MC-80 titles are just sooooo good by comparison.

The egineering Captian, Wing Commander, etc are really interesting cards. You can play them 2 ways. Either take the version that gives your emergency order, i.e. Navigate, etc. or take them and plan to use them most turns but have the set order be your backup. Which is how I think I might use Wing Commander. They are a bit expensive, but could make your ship really flexible. I may have to work up a post comparing those to Liasons and Support Officers.

Slaved Turrets are disappointing. You give up quite a bit for one extra red dice. Plus they are a modification to boot. There are better Turbolaser upgrades.

NK-7s are amazing. Expensive, but amazing. Wallex Blissex may become an important guy to have around.

Boosted Comms are good. Those will be a really effective card.

Edited by shmitty

Yup. The wording is:

Redundancy. You could already do that by default as part of the engineering command.

I like this. Being able to restore 5 shields on an Assault Frigate is amazing!

I like the single command guys. 6 points is a LOT but having a guy who garentees an engineering command or Squadron command. . . It works great

I agree, the single command guys are great.  I can turn an ISD into a carrier and spam engineering and maneuver commands on my dials and always just switch to a squadron command when needed.  Or, Spam squadron and switch to engineering, I'm not sure which is better yet.  All of these cards now make the depth of list building insane, and then when you add the Rogues & Villains pack on top of it, this game has become DEEP.

Edited by Demaratus

Also, someone please tell me why a two ship list of two ISD carriers like the following wouldn't be brutal.  Set speed 3 from the start, bank an engineering token turn one, and then spam squadron commands for the rest of the game.  14 hull gives you plenty of time to chew them up with the bombers and your ISD front arcs...

Points Quantity

Rymer 16 1

Bombers 45 5

Dengar 20 1

Mithel 15 1

Interceptors 22 2

ISD-I 220 2

Tractor Beam 12 2

Expanded Hangers 10 2

Flight Controllers 12 2

Motti 24 1

I'm pretty disappointed with Defiance. You would only really use that in the early turns to get B-Wings a little further out. However, I usually use that time to stock up on some tokens. I can't see paying 8 points for it. Boosted Coms, however, is a great upgrade for a good cost.

Agreed. I cant see myself ever using it, let along buying it to begin with. For 8 points and no firing it should give them two 5 speed moves!! Even then I wouldnt use it...

they don't attack

Right, but in order to cover that kind of distance it would normally take two turns. And capital ships can move a long way in two turns. This lets you bring your B Wings up from distance 4, into a position where they can attack next turn. And if you're clever with them, you move them this turn, then get two turns of Yavaris activations out of them, then move them again to repeat the fun.

This gives B Wings so much more utility. They're already scary, but for 8 points you make them super scary! No longer do you have to rely on area denial, mind reading, or the Contested Outpost objective. Now B Wings can be played aggressively, chasing down enemy ships!

If nothing else, that can move 4 in one turn, then move 2 and attack in the next. It basically boosts their speed to 3. And if you manage to park them where something has to fly into them, then you're golden.

It's a bit weird though, innit? Like, is it normal in the background for ships to be moving their shields to other ships?And how are people not losing their minds over Independence? Speed four B Wings? That's amazing!

they don't attack also, I'm too used to speed 0 B-wings (that attack twice)  if they were just speed 4 (with attack intact), the title could have been quite decent.
Right, but in order to cover that kind of distance it would normally take two turns. And capital ships can move a long way in two turns. This lets you bring your B Wings up from distance 4, into a position where they can attack next turn. And if you're clever with them, you move them this turn, then get two turns of Yavaris activations out of them, then move them again to repeat the fun.This gives B Wings so much more utility. They're already scary, but for 8 points you make them super scary! No longer do you have to rely on area denial, mind reading, or the Contested Outpost objective. Now B Wings can be played aggressively, chasing down enemy ships!If nothing else, that can move 4 in one turn, then move 2 and attack in the next. It basically boosts their speed to 3. And if you manage to park them where something has to fly into them, then you're golden.
You get it!