Mu0n729

Which preview will be out today?

Well the Ghost in Rebels shows us they maglock shipping crates underneath the ship.  I'm assuming that light freighters like these are responsible for quickly shipping small amounts of high-value cargo.  Say like...I don't know, spice? :P

The Serenity in Firefly was about the same size and did all sorts of cargo shipping jobs.  

The Falcon even has cargo holds!

Still makes no sense.

Why would the Correlian engineering corporation build, or anyone buy, a ship that had MASSIVELY reduced capacity compared to another, virtually identical, ship in its range?

Yes the falcon, and I'm sure many other YTs, were used for smuggling but why choose a ship that could only ship small amounts of high-value cargo when the 1300 could do this and much more.

It'd be like Ford producing a tractor that couldn't pull a trailer, calling it the Ford 'Drug Mule', and expecting it to sell cause you could still stick stuff above the cab.

Still makes no sense.

Why would the Correlian engineering corporation build, or anyone buy, a ship that had MASSIVELY reduced capacity compared to another, virtually identical, ship in its range?

Well in the old EU fluff for the YT-2000, I seem to recall it wasn't a commercial success, so....

Well the Ghost in Rebels shows us they maglock shipping crates underneath the ship.  I'm assuming that light freighters like these are responsible for quickly shipping small amounts of high-value cargo.  Say like...I don't know, spice? :P

The Serenity in Firefly was about the same size and did all sorts of cargo shipping jobs.  

The Falcon even has cargo holds!

Still makes no sense.

Yes the falcon, and I'm sure many other YTs, were used for smuggling but why choose a ship that could only ship small amounts of high-value cargo when the 1300 could do this and much more.

It'd be like Ford producing a tractor that couldn't pull a trailer, calling it the Ford 'Drug Mule', and expecting it to sell cause you could still stick stuff above the cab.

Well, for one, a stock YT-2000 was heavily armed compared to a stock YT-1300.  And it can carry slightly more than a YT-1300 can (115 tons vs 100 tons).  I haven't seen ANY notion of the YT-series being designed as a freight pusher before the cross sections book that almost had an image of it.

For reference, 18 wheelers carry around 30-40 tons of cargo, cargo planes carry 30-250 tons of cargo, and Cargo Ships carry...15,000 tons or more per trip.  Light Freighters like the YT-series are planes of the Star Wars universe, not the ships.  That's why they're called "light".

Who's with me for hoping for a preview tomorrow?

I can't do this alone guys. It's too much to bear alone. We have to go at it as a team, and only then will we push the balance towards the realization of a preview.

My finger is on the release of the next vassal module. Blog post written in a draft, screenshots taken. I had to rework the whole dice window due to Finn. All possible die faces can be added as results and can now be switched to other faces manually, as well as rerolled. It was a nightmare to implement and debug. All I need is to add the few new cards we know are in the HotR preview #2 for T-70 X-Wings.

Edited by Mu0n

I can't do this alone guys. It's too much to bear alone. We have to go at it as a team, and only then will we push the balance towards the realization of a preview.

My finger is on the release of the next vassal module. Blog post written in a draft, screenshots taken. I had to rework the whole dice window due to Finn. All possible die face can be added as results and can now be switched to other faces manually, as well as rerolled. It was a nightmare to implement and debug. All I need is to add the few new cards we know are in the HotR preview #2 for T-70 X-Wings.

You have my sword...

My finger is on the release of the next vassal module. Blog post written in a draft, screenshots taken. I had to rework the whole dice window due to Finn. All possible die faces can be added as results and can now be switched to other faces manually, as well as rerolled. It was a nightmare to implement and debug. All I need is to add the few new cards we know are in the HotR preview #2 for T-70 X-Wings.

I have yet to try Vassal, but your commitment and work always impress me.  Kudos to you good sir.

My finger is on the release of the next vassal module. Blog post written in a draft, screenshots taken. I had to rework the whole dice window due to Finn. All possible die face can be added as results and can now be switched to other faces manually, as well as rerolled. It was a nightmare to implement and debug. All I need is to add the few new cards we know are in the HotR preview #2 for T-70 X-Wings.

You have my sword...

And my shield...

I have to admit, though, I'm kinda excited about the Imperial Assault expansion... That's a really fun game... It's kinda sad though that Imperial Assault has Jabba before X-Wing does...

he is a hell of a lot more relevant in IA than in x-wing, though

True, but he would be a great example of someone who, like Palpatine, could give FFG an excuse to use the super-cool double crew slot card (although to make the movie, Jabba actually had three puppeteers inside of him)

I think the next thing in this game could be Jabba's barge (he has one that flies in space), a huge ship with some awesome scum crew cards (Jabba's entire entourage) and then the small ship with it could be a fix for the Scyk and come with some awesome new cannon cards.