Mu0n729

Which preview will be out today?

23 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It's getting to the point where we might see a CROC off-the-boat/release article soon, but I doubt very much we'll get anything else.

At what date did the Croc get on the boat?  Feels like another lifetime ago.

2 hours ago, Kdubb said:

I'm thinking preview today...

I'm figuring we will get a preview today that will be very deeply rooted in Star Wars lore....

This is not the preview you are looking for. 

14 minutes ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

It appears wave 11 is now up on the Upcoming section, at the printer!

What's the typical time it takes for a product going from the upcoming section to release?

42 minutes ago, Tom1132 said:

What's the typical time it takes for a product going from the upcoming section to release?

It varies, when you are in the section on the right hand side it gives a general time frame for each step. However, there are times when its way off. I.E. the C-ROC.

Edited by BlueSquadronPilot

38 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

To those who say Rune Wars is awesome... Convince me to buy in on a limited budget with one phrase.

I would like to play that game and get convinced to buy some "undead" with minimal budget.

Runewars seems like you can buy just a single faction?  Are there cross-faction upgrades?  I'm spoiled by X-wing and put off by (of all things) the bases from Runewars.  Don't mind assembling and painting minis.  Mostly fun... mostly?  But the images in the previews have these awesome scenery effects and then when I see actual gameplay shots from community, it's mostly bare plastic on the trays yet.  Ugh.

28 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Runewars seems like you can buy just a single faction?  Are there cross-faction upgrades?  I'm spoiled by X-wing and put off by (of all things) the bases from Runewars.  Don't mind assembling and painting minis.  Mostly fun... mostly?  But the images in the previews have these awesome scenery effects and then when I see actual gameplay shots from community, it's mostly bare plastic on the trays yet.  Ugh.

You can just by one faction, aside from the core set (which you can just resell). You do not have to buy  other factions to get neutral upgrades, you can find them in similar packs within your own faction.

2 hours ago, Kdubb said:

To those who say Rune Wars is awesome... Convince me to buy in on a limited budget with one phrase.

1 hour ago, Zazaa said:

I would like to play that game and get convinced to buy some "undead" with minimal budget.

Best parts of X-Wing and Armada set in fantasty rank and file minis game. 200 pt games with 8 rounds, 2 hrs per game roughly (suspected tournament standard). You can play skirmishes at 100 pts as well. No need to buy other factions for upgrades or whatever.

45 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Best parts of X-Wing and Armada set in fantasty rank and file minis game. 200 pt games with 8 rounds, 2 hrs per game roughly (suspected tournament standard). You can play skirmishes at 100 pts as well. No need to buy other factions for upgrades or whatever.

Is it possible to play without getting the big $100 box, let's say if I would like to play with Elves? Would prefer Dwarfs or Orcks. I guess there might be some point to wait till there is more material and factions.

I never really got playing the WHFB, it was such a huge investment at the time and now I have given up with GW, only game that I still like to play when chance with my friends is Necromunda, perfect individual miniature game with low budget, probably the reason why GW ditched it. Fantasy is one of my favorite themes!!

35 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

Is it possible to play without getting the big $100 box, let's say if I would like to play with Elves? Would prefer Dwarfs or Orcks. I guess there might be some point to wait till there is more material and factions.

I never really got playing the WHFB, it was such a huge investment at the time and now I have given up with GW, only game that I still like to play when chance with my friends is Necromunda, perfect individual miniature game with low budget, probably the reason why GW ditched it. Fantasy is one of my favorite themes!!

They just did rebrand Necromunda to work with their standard 40k factions. There is some money in the skirmish-type game GW doesn't want to leave on the table.

Makes me wonder, will there be asimilar thing from FFG at some point? Is X-Wing already? Battlelore (should they ever care to look at that game again)?

More importantly, we got some X-Wing, but it is the nationals kit (which looks pretty sweet), nothing new. Could there be licensing issues getting the Agressor through with Lucasfilm or was wave 11 confirmed to be approved?

2 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

They just did rebrand Necromunda to work with their standard 40k factions. There is some money in the skirmish-type game GW doesn't want to leave on the table.

Makes me wonder, will there be asimilar thing from FFG at some point? Is X-Wing already? Battlelore (should they ever care to look at that game again)?

More importantly, we got some X-Wing, but it is the nationals kit (which looks pretty sweet), nothing new. Could there be licensing issues getting the Agressor through with Lucasfilm or was wave 11 confirmed to be approved?

it's at the printer.  I don't think there's licensing issues.

7 hours ago, Tom1132 said:

4 or 5 months.

I'd probably expect to see an early, limited release at GenCon in August, then a full release in September, as for Wave 9 last year.  I hope they can get their act together a bit better for Wave 12 though, and get it out on worldwide release to coincide with The Last Jedi.