Mu0n729

Which preview will be out today?

Well it's Friday so today we should get some X-Wing news! Most likely not. But please FFG don't do another filler news that past couple of them has been.

Give us Scurrg H-6 news article!!!

As someone who buys multiple ships of each kind regularly 
loves the game and generally what FFG are doing 
I am very disappointed that they passed over X-Wing for May the 4th then the debacle over cheating at the worlds and no official response at all 
not even a crappy little article with maybe 1 new card ...nothing 
maybe they are saving it all up for a big surprise of some kind 
but being too busy with their other products is not a good enough excuse
but i'm starting to think that they just don't give a **** about the people that have supported their product so well for so long 

Prove me wrong FFG 

1 hour ago, FlashBackJack said:

I am very disappointed that they passed over X-Wing for May the 4th then the debacle over cheating at the worlds and no official response at all 
but i'm starting to think that they just don't give a **** about the people that have supported their product so well for so long 

Prove me wrong FFG 

Or...wave 11 is still months away since it's not even on the product page, and we don't usually get the spoiler articles until it's close to release.  And we've GOT all of the c-roc articles until it starts shipping.  So most likely the only way we get articles right now is if they announce another new product, or we get a worlds article or more x-wing 101 or something.

12 hours ago, FlashBackJack said:

Prove me wrong FFG 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/store-championships/x-wing/

There's a 40th Anniversary Bonus listed here.   :D

Armada didn't get one.

IA didn't get one.

Destiny Didn't get one

Star Wars: LCG didn't get one.

X-Wing Got One.

Perhaps not what you are after, for sure....

But at least you got one :D

Edited by Drasnighta

X wing has a bunch of stuff in the pipe that we've already seen. We didn't need a May 4th announcement. Destiny and IA were all w week away from releasing new product. Makes more sense to announce stuff for a game that has nothing else on the way that one that has 2 major releases on the horizon. When the C-ROC hits the shelf, we'll get another X wing announcement, and likely not before.

Well FFG said that wave XI would come out at late of the second quarter..so we should start getting some articles on this wave soon!!

"Stay tuned! These Wave XI expansions (SWX64-66) are scheduled to arrive at retailers late in the second quarter of 2017!"

17 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

Well FFG said that wave XI would come out at late of the second quarter..so we should start getting some articles on this wave soon!!

"Stay tuned! These Wave XI expansions (SWX64-66) are scheduled to arrive at retailers late in the second quarter of 2017!"

According to FFGs track record, late second quarter is probably September.

1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

According to FFGs track record, late second quarter is probably September.

I guess normally late second quarter would be June or late June. Because third quarter would start on July, but I guess FFG lives in different timeline.

I for one, am very happy with the new article. It's confirmed that the upcoming Stores' will have nice rewards. Full color large token, something new. Next, alternate art version of Engine Upgrade; which is almost like 3PO when it comes to lowering the entry point for the new players, and great to have for a lot of guys. Finally, we get the awesome, unique double-upgrade card for R2-D2 and IA. Sure, stapling IA onto this was a clever move, as Nora can't take it, and Poe would rather have AT. But it's still great for anyone who's just gotten the new Starter set and/or HotR.

I really appreciate the unusual format of the card, and the graphics that are going back to the game's namesake. And one of the most recognizable OT shops. Very nice touch, hats off. 

40th_alt_art_web.png engine_upgrade_alt_web.jpg

Edited by Mef82

9 hours ago, Mef82 said:

I for one, am very happy with the new article. It's confirmed that the upcoming Stores' will have nice rewards. Full color large token, something new. Next, alternate art version of Engine Upgrade; which is almost like 3PO when it comes to lowering the entry point for the new players, and great to have for a lot of guys. Finally, we get the awesome, unique double-upgrade card for R2-D2 and IA. Sure, stapling IA onto this was a clever move, as Nora can't take it, and Poe would rather have AT. But it's still great for anyone who's just gotten the new Starter set and/or HotR.

I really appreciate the unusual format of the card, and the graphics that are going back to the game's namesake. And one of the most recognizable OT shops. Very nice touch, hats off. 

40th_alt_art_web.png engine_upgrade_alt_web.jpg

... up until I saw the expanded image I had actually assumed the Engine Upgrade was on a Y-wing. Whoops!

14 hours ago, Zazaa said:

I guess normally late second quarter would be June or late June. Because third quarter would start on July, but I guess FFG lives in different timeline.

Q2 releases for X Wing usually come out around september.

I'd expect the pattern for this year to be the same as last year - limited early release at GenCon in August, general release in early to mid September.

8 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Q2 releases for X Wing usually come out around september.

I'd expect the pattern for this year to be the same as last year - limited early release at GenCon in August, general release in early to mid September.

Yup! FFG lives in very different timeline! C-Roc will come out around end of June or mid July. Wave XI probably around same time when wave X came out.

Pessimist dates:

-C-ROC releasing next week! - First week of July

-C-ROC in our hands - 2nd week of July

-Preview articles for Wave XI: 3rd, 4th weeks of July, first of August

-Gencon rolls on 3rd week of August, limited sales there, reports of not enough merchandise and stupidly long lines

-Wave XI is complete and playable on Vassal on the 3rd week/4th week of August

-Nothing during September

-Nothing in October

-Wave XI in stores - limited stock way under what was promised from distributors, most stores are able to sell only 1 of each to roughly 70% of their customers - 2nd week of November

-Some new ship announcement in mid-December

-February - wave XI is back in stock, barely, to meet the demand

Ignoring the outlier of wave 8 (which had other issues delaying it's release), average from announcement to release is 3-6 months.  Wave 9 was announced March 15 (jesus, 2 months and it's still not on the upcoming products page?), so if it stays within that timeframe could be anytime from mid-june to september.   Given that it's NOT on the upcoming products yet, I'm gonna guess closer to september.  Wave 7 was the last one to be announced close to when wave 11 was (april for wave 7, march for wave 11), and released in august.

Could get an announcement for wave 12 at gencon with a secondary announcement adding ships from TLJ on force friday.

3 hours ago, Mu0n729 said:

Pessimist dates:

-C-ROC releasing next week! - First week of July

-C-ROC in our hands - 2nd week of July

-Preview articles for Wave XI: 3rd, 4th weeks of July, first of August

-Gencon rolls on 3rd week of August, limited sales there, reports of not enough merchandise and stupidly long lines

-Wave XI is complete and playable on Vassal on the 3rd week/4th week of August

-Nothing during September

-Nothing in October

-Wave XI in stores - limited stock way under what was promised from distributors, most stores are able to sell only 1 of each to roughly 70% of their customers - 2nd week of November

-Some new ship announcement in mid-December

-February - wave XI is back in stock, barely, to meet the demand

3/10 not nough BunGoat...