Mu0n729

Which preview will be out today?

38 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Hoe precisely has Paratanni made "most System Opens look bad"? That entire statement reeks of raw hyperbole.

Because having a significant number of top 8s be Parattanni sheds a bad light on balance, regardless of how much more powerful the list actually is. Parattanni is on a dangerous snowball right now where it is becoming the indisputably most popular list and there is no variation to it. Players a scared to enter tournaments because of the amount of Parattanni the (have to) expect.

Nah, I don't buy that excuse at all. I went to Yavin, had a blast. OK, so Paratanni was well represented on day two, but there was plenty of variety in the qualifying lists.

It's current popularity is a fad, just like Dengaroo, Commonwealth Defenders, Triple U-boats and Imperial Aces before it. It won't be long before you're bemoaning the next flavour of the month (cough Kylo)

Miranda+Sabine untouched. This is some kind of joke? 

I guess they still want to sell more of those pesky K-wings... 3-6 more months before we will see a flood of Rebel bombers lists, then sabine will get range1 limit as well :/

2 minutes ago, Voitek said:

Miranda+Sabine untouched. This is some kind of joke? 

Miranda and Sabine are good but have scarcely been dominating the top tables. If Rebels suddenly start pushing the other factions out, expect them to take another look.

2 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Miranda and Sabine are good but have scarcely been dominating the top tables. If Rebels suddenly start pushing the other factions out, expect them to take another look.

Dengaroo maybe won one large tournament in recent months, yet zuckuss got nerfed.

Bossk maybe won one or two, yet zuckuss got nerfed.

So if zuckuss got nerfed because of the general frustration he causes for opponent (negative play expeirence, how thay call it?) then rebel regen with immortal miranda and sabine is even more NPE from my perspective and should be hit as well. 

Edited by Voitek

9 minutes ago, Voitek said:

Dengaroo maybe won one large tournament in recent months, yet zuckuss got nerfed.

Bossk maybe won one or two, yet zuckuss got nerfed.

So if zuckuss got nerfed because of the general frustration he causes for opponent (negative play expeirence, how thay call it?) then rebel regen with immortal miranda and sabine is even more NPE from my perspective and should be hit as well. 

Pretty much all of this.  I don't think Zuckuss was nerfed because OP - the counterplays became pretty clear pretty quickly - I think he was nerfed because he was too frustrating to run up against.  I was hoping to see Sabine get a range limit for that reason, and I suspect that she will when bomber Ks start liberally scattering themselves across the top tables and not actually playing the dice game at all in any meaningful capacity.

7 minutes ago, pcgamerpirate said:

What do we get first:

C-ROC Scyk Article?

Rebel Veterans?

Wave XI?

They could surprise us, but I'd expect another Epic before "Rebel Veterans." It just follows the pattern.  Heroes was basically "Rebel Veterans" for the time being.  In the past they've released 2 epics (Tantive and Transport) and then 2 "aces" sets (Imperial and Rebel) and then two epics (Raider and Gozanti) and then two aces sets (Veterans and Heroes).  Now they're back around to an epic.  We'll probably get another couple waves and another epic before we see another aces announced. They've held pretty strict to this pattern for a while now.