Sign in to follow this  
Soontirbeblownup

Agenda side mission reward timing

Hi all,

Figured I'd ask here as not sure.

Am inperial player and got the IG88 reward mission, as getting thumped my rebels decided to let me have IG and chose the tech goggles mission.

So... do I get IG straight away so I can use him in that side mission if I want or do we need to play that side mission THEN get IG??

Thanks.

Hi all,

Figured I'd ask here as not sure.

Am inperial player and got the IG88 reward mission, as getting thumped my rebels decided to let me have IG and chose the tech goggles mission.

So... do I get IG straight away so I can use him in that side mission if I want or do we need to play that side mission THEN get IG??

Thanks.

Correct me if I am misunderstanding your situation. You, as the Imperial player, played an agenda card that to try to earn IG-88 as a villain. The Rebel players opted not to play that mission and are instead playing a different mission to earn Tech Goggles.

If this is the case, your agenda card says some thing to the effect of, "after the Rebel players resolve any mission other than this one, you receive IG-88 as a villain." The key here is that they must resolve the other mission before you receive your reward, so you cannot use IG-88 until the following mission.

You don't score the agenda mission until  **after**  the rebels  **resolve**  the mission they decided to play instead of Binary Revolution.

binary-revolution.png

"The revolution cannot be stopped."
~MENTOR, Directive 7

Edited by Fizz

im glad this came up.

I purchased the IG-88 and Imperial industry reward side mission agenda cards.

I played them at the same time. the rebels had 4 missions to pick from, two of them were my agenda side missions.

if they picked one of their regular side missions, i would get both rewards?  ultimately they chose the industry reward side mission to play, granting me Ig-88

was that legal? 

i thought it was because the downside was i saved up a lot of my influence, allowing the rebels some easier missions while i was saving and didn't have any spanners to throw into the works

You don't score the agenda mission until  **after**  the rebels  **resolve**  the mission they decided to play instead of Binary Revolution.

Oops, my bad. Really should've looked at the Agenda card first before replying. 

im glad this came up.

I purchased the IG-88 and Imperial industry reward side mission agenda cards.

I played them at the same time. the rebels had 4 missions to pick from, two of them were my agenda side missions.

if they picked one of their regular side missions, i would get both rewards?  ultimately they chose the industry reward side mission to play, granting me Ig-88

was that legal? 

i thought it was because the downside was i saved up a lot of my influence, allowing the rebels some easier missions while i was saving and didn't have any spanners to throw into the works

Yes, perfectly legal. We call that a fecal duality.

Thanks guys, I did think that was the case, but as the rebels are wiping the floor with me they let me take IG straight away. COuldn't get the threat to actually get him on the board though :-( totally getting turned over in ths campaign and isn't enjoyable in the least