Sign in to follow this  
Gualdo

OCTG2 plugin for AGOT LCG

You never know… There was a company that sells miniatures that let a project run for years that allowed people to play one of their games online for free (effectively keeping the game alive when they had stopped supporting it altogether). A paying video game came out and suddenly they were sending Cease & Desist letters left, right and centre. They never approved the project, but still… beware.

Gualdo said:

I don't know why FFG should order to cease since we had permission 2 years ago to run this project…

I would refer you to the people complaining that they were told there were no plans to reprint the Seasons cycle a couple months ago. :)

Although I would do so unhappily. :/

Hey I looked up Dennis.Harrison jr but I couldn't find you exactly. My name on there is Shadowlion123 and I would like to join the Agot Octgn group. I am fairly new to the octgn but I am learning. 

I looked through the whole thread but could not find an answer to this. Is there someplace where the custom house backgrounds and the deck statistics program are being hosted, since megaupload has been closed? I do not see them on the front page where everything has been switched over to mediafire. Thanks!

I don't have rehosted deck statistic simply because i don't have it on pc… After uploading it i have deleted from pc so megaupload down has killed him!

For the background simply unpack  .o8g file, change the image in the background folder and then re-pack (use 7zip for unpack and repack)

Gualdo said:

I don't have rehosted deck statistic simply because i don't have it on pc… After uploading it i have deleted from pc so megaupload down has killed him!

For the background simply unpack  .o8g file, change the image in the background folder and then re-pack (use 7zip for unpack and repack)

Bummer! Anyone still have an old copy that they would be willing to rehost or email me? I really only want to use it to be able to print out an OCTGN decklist, a feature that seems to be impossible to find. If anyone knows how to do this please post!

I knew how to put the images into the .o8g file, I was looking specifically for the Stark/Martell/Greyjoy images you posted about in reply #160. They look like box art and I wondered where they came from. Thanks!

Deck editor in agotcards.org and I think (but never tried) the one of cardgamedb allows you to print a decklist created on that site and export that in octgn2 format. Anyway i too use octgn2 directly to create decks so i understand the problem. hope someone else has it to share.

Hey. I've been trying to get a game on the OCTGN2 IRC chat but with no luck - it doesn't seem like many people use it. I'm not 100% on the rules and I'd like to both play with more people and learn the game better - to that end could I get the Skype group?

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

ArthurDayne said:

Hey. I've been trying to get a game on the OCTGN2 IRC chat but with no luck - it doesn't seem like many people use it. I'm not 100% on the rules and I'd like to both play with more people and learn the game better - to that end could I get the Skype group?

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

skype group kicks butt. over 100 people globally now. thanks to differing time zones can usually get a game any time day or night. ping me on there and i will add you. dennis.harrison.jr

How hard would it be to add some extra tokens/markers to the agot octg plugin?

Im thinking of extra strength tokens, maybe mil, int and pow icons, renown, deadly, stealth, just stuff that might get added to cards and is sometimes a headache to remember?

Im useless with image manipulation but i'll give my photoshop skills a polish and poke about with the octg plugin editor to see whats possible.

Is it just me who would find this useful? Ive thought about using little glass beads (blue for power, yellow for gold, and another color for +Strength) in real games but keep thinking they will be to fiddly

Totalgit said:

How hard would it be to add some extra tokens/markers to the agot octg plugin?

Im thinking of extra strength tokens, maybe mil, int and pow icons, renown, deadly, stealth, just stuff that might get added to cards and is sometimes a headache to remember?

Im useless with image manipulation but i'll give my photoshop skills a polish and poke about with the octg plugin editor to see whats possible.

Is it just me who would find this useful? Ive thought about using little glass beads (blue for power, yellow for gold, and another color for +Strength) in real games but keep thinking they will be to fiddly

i looked in to this a while ago, and the short answer is: more trouble than its worth.

As I added power and gold tokens you can add "what you want". But i never made it simply because is more confusing than worth it and also in "real games" you don't have such reminders so also in virtual game is the same.

Gualdo said:

As I added power and gold tokens you can add "what you want". But i never made it simply because is more confusing than worth it and also in "real games" you don't have such reminders so also in virtual game is the same.

You don't use markers? I regularly use different markers, for signifying strength bumps, added icons etc. So it would be tremendously useful if you could do the same in the plugin.

Also, is anyone planning on fixing the typos that a lot of cards have? It becomes troublesome that you can't really trust the search function since a lot of cards are misspelled. Examples are "Ser Aerys Oakheart" and "Lannisport Trasury".

Hattes said:

Gualdo said:

You don't use markers? I regularly use different markers, for signifying strength bumps, added icons etc. So it would be tremendously useful if you could do the same in the plugin.

Also, is anyone planning on fixing the typos that a lot of cards have? It becomes troublesome that you can't really trust the search function since a lot of cards are misspelled. Examples are "Ser Aerys Oakheart" and "Lannisport Trasury".

lol. how about you thank him instead of complaining and demanding new features.

Related to mispelling collect all errors that are in sets and then send them to me via mail. It is one minute to correct a mispell. Simply nobody ever asked me since maybe is not so a trouble.

andrea [dot] gualdoni [at] gmail [dot] come

Related to additional markers, i never saw  anyone using them during tourney (and i have made tons of them includind 2 european tourney, 3 italian nationals, 1 Black Friday, 1 Madrid international and tons of local one) so never thought about that. And you are the first asking me that.

If nobody else asks me that this has low priority in my to do list: keep in mind that me and andrea coronese are rewriting agotcards.org ver. 2.0 so all our effort at the moment is in that project.

dcdennis said:

lol. how about you thank him instead of complaining and demanding new features.

You're right, I'm sorry. The plugin is pretty great and I really appreciate the work, should've mentioned that. But surely it's not mutually exclusive with complaining and demanding new features? :P

I went ahead and sent an email with the typos I could find in the card titles. Hope there's at least one other person who cares about that stuff as much as I do. :P

those were the typos:

"Citadel" -> "Citadel Custom"
"Gregor Clegane" -> "Ser Gregor Clegane"
"Gylbert Farwind" -> "Gylbert Farwynd"
"Khaleesis Faithful" -> "Khaleesi's Faithful"
"Kingroad Fiefdom" -> "Kingsroad Fiefdom"
"Lannisport Trasury" -> "Lannisport Treasury"
"Merchant Widow" -> "Merchant's Widow"
"Muster the Realm" -> "Muster the Realm!"
"Ser Aerys Oakheart" -> "Ser Arys Oakheart"
"Southron Scavengers" -> "Southron Scavenger"
"The Knight of Flowers" -> "Knight of Flowers"
"You Swore and Oath" -> "You Swore an Oath"

I updated first post with new sets with typos corrected (send me a mail if something is still wrong). It is not mandatory to redownload and reinstall sets cause they remain full compatible. If you don't mind about them skip the redownload. If you find them annowying reinstall ;-)

Enjoy!

Gualdo said:

those were the typos:

"Citadel" -> "Citadel Custom"
"Gregor Clegane" -> "Ser Gregor Clegane"
"Gylbert Farwind" -> "Gylbert Farwynd"
"Khaleesis Faithful" -> "Khaleesi's Faithful"
"Kingroad Fiefdom" -> "Kingsroad Fiefdom"
"Lannisport Trasury" -> "Lannisport Treasury"
"Merchant Widow" -> "Merchant's Widow"
"Muster the Realm" -> "Muster the Realm!"
"Ser Aerys Oakheart" -> "Ser Arys Oakheart"
"Southron Scavengers" -> "Southron Scavenger"
"The Knight of Flowers" -> "Knight of Flowers"
"You Swore and Oath" -> "You Swore an Oath"

I updated first post with new sets with typos corrected (send me a mail if something is still wrong). It is not mandatory to redownload and reinstall sets cause they remain full compatible. If you don't mind about them skip the redownload. If you find them annowying reinstall ;-)

Enjoy!

Any chance we could get updated scans of the errata'd cards: (Blood of the First Men?)  Please and thank you. :)

Sorry for asking but because i only have 2 days since i learned about OCTGN and i am new to this, can someone please tell me how to find other players to play? I tried the chat room but none is repling to me. I believe that somone made a post about this on the last pages but because there are too many and i am bored to look at all the 40 pages, can someone tell me how to find othe players exept from the chat room. I actually learned the commands and how to play by reading some post, though i am having a hard to to find someone to play.

Please Reply to me.

Thank you.

Maester_LUke said:

Any chance we could get updated scans of the errata'd cards: (Blood of the First Men?)  Please and thank you. :)

if someone send them to me…