Sign in to follow this  
Gualdo

OCTG2 plugin for AGOT LCG

I've heard there is a Skype group for players looking to get into games?

Do I need to be online and visible for someone to be able to add me to it? If no, could someone please add me? Skype name is "trias10"

already hosted all on mediafire, i'm updating the first page. Anyway i miss all Highlander sets and PROMO cause i don't have them on my computer. If someone have them and want to upload on mediafire or similar would be appreaciated.

wolfy_y2k said:

can someone please please please post a link to the card sets as megaupload is down.

thanks a bunch

:)

As mentioned in the post right above yours, the updated links can be found in the first post of the thread.

Hi guys, looking forward to play this game, but i have no friends in RL to play with. I noticed that the new OCTGN3 version hosts a central server where people playing the various games can meet, why dont you guys have a try at it? AFAK it is fully compatible and as gorgeous, and even the various OCTGN files you already are using for sets, rules and decks are compatible, so we could more easily meet there if it spreads in the community.

At the moment - i already had a look at it - on its server its pretty immediate to set up a Magic the Gathering game, but people for other games lack - just try to go there, we all could benefit if it spreads even for AGOT!

The link for OCTGN3 is here:

https://www.skylabsonline.com/index.php?page=octgn

just need any google account to log in, gmail, youtube, etc.

after installation you just need to re-install all your VS sets and game. now you can add friends and arrange games more easily.

And the best of all you dont need anymore hamachi. it have a central server which all can log in and meet.

verdealex79 said:

Hi guys, looking forward to play this game, but i have no friends in RL to play with. I noticed that the new OCTGN3 version hosts a central server where people playing the various games can meet, why dont you guys have a try at it? AFAK it is fully compatible and as gorgeous, and even the various OCTGN files you already are using for sets, rules and decks are compatible, so we could more easily meet there if it spreads in the community.

At the moment - i already had a look at it - on its server its pretty immediate to set up a Magic the Gathering game, but people for other games lack - just try to go there, we all could benefit if it spreads even for AGOT!

The link for OCTGN3 is here:

https://www.skylabsonline.com/index.php?page=octgn

just need any google account to log in, gmail, youtube, etc.

after installation you just need to re-install all your VS sets and game. now you can add friends and arrange games more easily.

And the best of all you dont need anymore hamachi. it have a central server which all can log in and meet.

It sounds like this guy works for Skylabs. This is such a suspicious post that I don't know what else to say. This makes no mention at all of the abominable server structure and frequent crashes. If you aren't a shill, there's a Skype group that you can join where all you need to do is shout out that you want to play and you'll be able to get a game. Just ask and you can join.

DieMyDarling said:

It sounds like this guy works for Skylabs. This is such a suspicious post that I don't know what else to say. This makes no mention at all of the abominable server structure and frequent crashes. If you aren't a shill, there's a Skype group that you can join where all you need to do is shout out that you want to play and you'll be able to get a game. Just ask and you can join.

That reminds me of that one time someone gave me an umbrella with holes in it for free while it was raining.  It was pretty neat not to get as wet. 
Or that one time when I got on an airplane but the free wireless internet was out of service.  I began reading Clash of the Kings while I was committing the amazing feat of flying through the air.

I agree - I can't even login to OCTGN3 anymore, but at least OCTGN2 still works to a degree.

Hi guys, i am the suspicious one... sometimes things are much simpler than you'd think: i am not a Skylabs infiltrate... I am just  who i wrote i was: a guy looking for other nice people to play with. It wasnt exactly a "hi, and welcome to our forum" by your side, to be honest! :-)

About what you wrote about skype group, I'd be grateful if you could provide me some informations about how to use that thing, and thank you. I really care to.

About Octgn3, well i couldnt try and test for myself all its bugs because i never played a game with anyone: as I said, AGOT users all use OCTGN2 as you do.

All i could try was deck building and solo game, and i was able to see that - once the game has been started - all its the same with the old OCTGN2. Maybe i just was lucky.

Anyway - BUT I HAVE NO LINKS OF ANY KIND WITH THOSE PROGRAMMERS - i have to say that no software is perfect since the beginning. I remember what OCTGN1 and OCTGN2 were at the beginning - surely not bug free - and if noone supports new projects, they are doomed to go nowhere. Working or not atm, the "central server" thing is a promising one - the lack of which always forbade me to effectively use OCTGN, because my connection doesnt have a public IP to join direct - and i thought that we could have a look.

But, just to know: if i was - and I repeat I am not - a skylabs programmer inviting you to see what me and my crew are working on, what was there in my post so hurting for you? I am a programmer indeed in RL - but not working for Skylabs - and programmers trying to do anything for people without asking anything only have to be thanked... so a simple "Hey, come to see what we are doing" doesnt need so harsh answers.

Remember to have fun!

verdealex79 said:

Hi guys, i am the suspicious one... sometimes things are much simpler than you'd think: i am not a Skylabs infiltrate... I am just  who i wrote i was: a guy looking for other nice people to play with. It wasnt exactly a "hi, and welcome to our forum" by your side, to be honest! :-)

About what you wrote about skype group, I'd be grateful if you could provide me some informations about how to use that thing, and thank you. I really care to.

About Octgn3, well i couldnt try and test for myself all its bugs because i never played a game with anyone: as I said, AGOT users all use OCTGN2 as you do.

All i could try was deck building and solo game, and i was able to see that - once the game has been started - all its the same with the old OCTGN2. Maybe i just was lucky.

Anyway - BUT I HAVE NO LINKS OF ANY KIND WITH THOSE PROGRAMMERS - i have to say that no software is perfect since the beginning. I remember what OCTGN1 and OCTGN2 were at the beginning - surely not bug free - and if noone supports new projects, they are doomed to go nowhere. Working or not atm, the "central server" thing is a promising one - the lack of which always forbade me to effectively use OCTGN, because my connection doesnt have a public IP to join direct - and i thought that we could have a look.

But, just to know: if i was - and I repeat I am not - a skylabs programmer inviting you to see what me and my crew are working on, what was there in my post so hurting for you? I am a programmer indeed in RL - but not working for Skylabs - and programmers trying to do anything for people without asking anything only have to be thanked... so a simple "Hey, come to see what we are doing" doesnt need so harsh answers.

Remember to have fun!

LOL... welcome to the forums, Skylabs :D

verdealex79 said:

Remember to have fun!

The way you worded your post, in a topic dedicated to (mostly) the old version of OCTGN was very odd, but welcome to the forum nonetheless. If someone hasn't already initiated you into the Skype contact group, my Skype name is BearTheGrudge, and if you add me to your contacts I can invite you in. 

Bomb - "That reminds me of that one time someone gave me an umbrella with holes in it for free while it was raining. It was pretty neat not to get as wet.
Or that one time when I got on an airplane but the free wireless internet was out of service. I began reading Clash of the Kings while I was committing the amazing feat of flying through the air."

This, I have no idea what it's trying to say. But if you are trying to make an analogy about OCTGN 3, then a more fitting one would be "remember that time where I already had a ticket to fly to New York, but then someone gave me a free ticket to go on their airline instead, and the plane had an incredible paint job and after a quick five minutes of flight we crash landed in the New Mexico desert", that would be more apt.

Have you guys tried the newest build, 3.0.0.8? It works fine for me.

I know the earlier ones had a lot of problems but I've played about a dozen games on it so far without a problem.

How do you go about picking titles in a 3/4 players game using OCTGN2? I know that the title cards are in the core set file, but how do you acess then during play? Do you have to pick an extra player and make a title deck for him?

Thank you,

LePe

With markers file if you press f1 f2 f3 f4 you will add gold power on cards.

For your asking, if i was able to add them on game definition I would have act in that way.

Hello Everyone I recently bought the AGOT LCG game and many expansions but these days its hard for me to get enough people together I can talk into playing.  This seems the only way to play online with others, but I am having problems finding anyone on OCTGN to play with either.  

Things seem to be getting updated here, thought perhaps someone might have a suggestion how to get people on OCTGN to play.