Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gualdo

OCTG2 plugin for AGOT LCG

642 posts in this topic

x Comm: there should be both versions (arms promotion and core set). Reverify and in case core set is missing I'll fix :-)

x bloodycelt: the source of the plugin is the one that I put in the downloadable links. If you want some details in particular (and you think they are not useful for the other people) write me a mail at gualdo@tiscali.it

ciao

Thanks for your effort, man! This is exactly what my brother and I were looking for! The only problem is that I am a total ass concerning computers. My question is, do I need to have VistaDB to run the OCTGN2 program? I understand that VistaDB isn't available free, is that correct?

Cheers

Thanks for the quick answer! Problem is, the downloaded OCTG-file is a vdb3 file and I can't open it. So I browsed the interwebs and stumbled over vistaDB (=vdb?). So, do you just click the file and then the program's on?

Cheers

To run it under Windows Vista you have to download and install 3 things:

1. Windows Vista Service Pack 1

2. .NET Framework for Service Pack 1

3. OCTG

You all have been very kind happy.gif! One last question, if you permit. It seems to work now, though I can only run the program by clicking on the "Install OCTGN 2" link at www.octgn.net/downloads.php. Is it supposed to be that way?

Cheers

Yes, it works that way. You can download it. Just click on the link with the right button of your mouse and choose the "Save destination/link as..."

Got it! Thanks!

BTW I've been lurking the forums here and on Tzuimanns excellent site prior to buying the game (had played it a couple of times), so I know that you're an expert player elooooi (hope I got the number of os right). I think it is fantastic that you and the whole AGOT-scene take the time and answer such silly questions as mine. Speaks volumes. I used to play a lot of Middle Earth CCG (the Iron Crown one) back in the days and I am very excited about AGOT.

Cheers

Well, it's 7 "o" but nevermind, my real name is Eloi :P

I'm not an expert, I'm just a player who is happy to help others :)   Feel free to ask anything and you will get an answer really fast. This community is wonderful.

Oh! And don't feel silly. Everybody has been new to the game once.

Ok, I was wondering what the steps are for possibly updating your own card set? Like if I had image files for cards that are older or whatever and I wanted to create my own set what are the steps that I need to take in order to do this?

Also, how do I extract the o8s files in order to change the blurred images? I understand that the o8s files are just changed zip files, so how do I get to the "cards" file if it won't let me unzip it? I'm totally lost.

Widowmaker78 said:

how do I get to the "cards" file if it won't let me unzip it?

Simply change extension of the file from .o8s to .zip

My images that I am trying to get are in PDF format. Does anyone know how to get individual images from a PDF? It won't let me "Save picture as" or Save image as" so I'm having some trouble.

Widowmaker78 said:

My images that I am trying to get are in PDF format. Does anyone know how to get individual images from a PDF? It won't let me "Save picture as" or Save image as" so I'm having some trouble.

My guess is that you need the full version of Acrobat to export them as pictures...but I'm not 100% sure of that. 

As to your other question (how you build a new card set/list), I have no idea and am curious myself.

Just quick question. I have never used this client before. How can I join a game? Is there a public server somewhere? Or can I play just with some friend? Do one of us has to have a public IP?

Penek said:

that program doesnt work under latest Firefox, as plugin for FF to install program not working.

Just download the app from the official webpage and run it locally.

Rozy said:

If I put counter on my cards (e.g. renown) how do I discard them then?

Just drag them out of card. Then you can drop it on another card or table (discard).