Sign in to follow this  
clontroper5

Vassal Wave 1 send off tounrnament results

Yes, it's manual if you will. Same as playing on a table. Pretty much. Some stuff is automated, like picking up and moving along the maneuver tool, but nothing major. You know the rules, you can play on vassal.

You can also save games. Create logs of entire games. Automate set-up. Play yourself.

Very Nice Stuff.

so I had a look. All the components are there, on different places, and I understand how to put on table or in hand, but how it all comes together is still a mystery. I guess thee is no "engine" leading you through phases, right? Just manually doing ecverything as if you were in a life game.

One question, pls: Could you theoretically play against yourself? I think I just could select being one player, not two.

Needs more than 15 mins to understand completely, surely.

But its amazing whats in there, even the Ancient era games I love.

I would YouTube how to use vassal with x-wing

There are several videos that will show you how o use it and x-wing and armada are similar enough that you will get the gist

I get it, mainly, manouvering and such. But from my brief look I did not see how I can play myself. I guess just creating two hands. I will watch a video, thx for the tip.

Swapping sides is largely an exercise in futility.

Just share the Player 1 Damage Deck.

There, solved your problem.

Sorry guys, I think I'll have to forfeit. I got the new computer this week but haven't had time to set it up, or load up the Vassal files, let alone recreate my list setup. And I'm headed out of town this weekend for Thanksgiving next week. The new computer isn't a laptop so it'll be a while before I can vassal again. :(

Apologies to everyone for dragging this out.

*******Final Score (top 8)*********

JJ Juggernaut- 33

Doobleg-32

Mattshadowlord-27

Deadshane-27

Green Knight- 24

Gowtah-23

Biggsirl-23

Maturin-20

Now you have new achievements to put in your signature!!

Sorry I couldn't actually make a graphic, my internet is out so I have to post from my phone :'(