Maturin vs Darrylm

Edited by clontroper5

Pod 2

Green Knight vs felforlife

10-0 (420 to 89)

Contested Outpost?

Yes.

Game ended in round 4.

Interesting game: despite some early blunders on my part (forgot to shoot with Demolisher, placing the Outpost just wrong which cost me 40 pts etc.) I was able to win. It was much closer than the points seem to indicate - I got a few very good rolls right at the tipping point, whereas fel's were a little underwhelming (at least until his Screed died). That shifted the balance in my favor and the Victories simply outgunned and out-hulled his Glads. But it could have gone completely the other way.

Edited by Green Knight

****IMPORTANT*****

Due to the Nature of 4 man pods it does not matter when or in what order you play your opponents so feel free to pm them and set it up early. Then post the results here

I will continue to announce the "rounds" to give some refrence.

Edited by clontroper5

Pod 5

Kovutalli (1st p) vs. Maturin (2nd p)

0-10

MoV 303 (465-162)

Firing Lanes

Alas, Kovutalli's dice failed him as badly as mine did the last time we played.  A game full of consequential choices in deployment and maneuvering...thanks Kovutalli!  Always a pleasure playing you.

VLOG:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_IfQaBa5d6mMFNLd2VGdUpPYU0

Edited by Maturin

Pod 2

Onca (p1) vs Gowtah

0-10 (13-400 for a mov of 387)

Minefields

Onca conceded on turn 3 after I was able to pick his conga line apart 1 by 1. MVPs were definitely the nebulons, while Paragon rolled an amazing 1 blue crit 1 red target on a side arc shot with title+cf.

vlog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8549534/tourney%20oncavsgowtah.vlog

Pod 5

Kovutalli (1st p) vs. Maturin (2nd p)

0-10

MoV 303 (465-162)

Firing Lanes

Alas, Kovutalli's dice failed him as badly as mine did the last time we played.  A game full of consequential choices in deployment and maneuvering...thanks Kovutalli!  Always a pleasure playing you.

VLOG:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_IfQaBa5d6mMFNLd2VGdUpPYU0

Neb-B Side arcs, add up! Those little pecks of 1 or 2 really add up, almost more scary than one huge attack. And yes our dice lucks had reversed this game :)

Pod 2

Green Knight vs felforlife

10-0 (420 to 89)

Contested Outpost?

Yes.

Game ended in round 4.

Interesting game: despite some early blunders on my part (forgot to shoot with Demolisher, placing the Outpost just wrong which cost me 40 pts etc.) I was able to win. It was much closer than the points seem to indicate - I got a few very good rolls right at the tipping point, whereas fel's were a little underwhelming (at least until his Screed died). That shifted the balance in my favor and the Victories simply outgunned and out-hulled his Glads. But it could have gone completely the other way.

^ Basically this.  I had some positioning errors because playing upside down is super hard for me for some reason.  

Pod 1

Clontroper5 (1st player) vs JJs Juggernaut (2nd player)

0-10

MoV 311 (149-460)

Dangerous Territory

A very close slugging match. Gunnery teams proved their worth, while the hordes of TIE bombers also showed they are a significant threat. It was a head-on charge and due to the objective I was able to take an extra 60 points during the game without taking any damage, while my opponent chose to ignore obstacles and go for the kill. My fighter screen shattered under his relentless pressure and if not for some late game whiffs, this match could have ended differently. As it was I managed to finish off Clontroper5's final VSD with a Rhymer shot in the squadron phase of round 5. Good game to my opponent.

Vlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiu85fnan26qbuy/400pt%20tourney%20Match%20vs%20Clonetrooper5.vlog?dl=0​

Edited by JJs Juggernaut

Pod 2

Onca (p1) vs Gowtah

0-10 (13-400 for a mov of 387)

Minefields

Onca conceded on turn 3 after I was able to pick his conga line apart 1 by 1. MVPs were definitely the nebulons, while Paragon rolled an amazing 1 blue crit 1 red target on a side arc shot with title+cf.

vlog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8549534/tourney%20oncavsgowtah.vlog

In the master result list the result has been swapped.

Veschs vs CC, 6-4 win. He is a very good player, others be warned. I feel like I was outplayed, but he thankfully the blue dice he used seemed to be d20's with only 1 hit face.

POD 3:  Versch vs Corellian Corvette.  The Corellian wins, 6-4.  Margin of Victory was 64pts  (168pts to 104pts).  Versch's Objective: "Hyperspace Assault".

He lies.  Bothan spies and whatnot.  Corellian Corvette is going to charge on to victory!!!

Are this many 10-0 results common?

Depends on the difference in skill more than the difference in points.

Generally yes, but I'm not sure about this set.  I know Kovutalli has more experience than I do, and is probably a better player overall.  I think perhaps the shift from 300 to 400 is catching some people off guard?  It does change the feel and flow of the game, as there are more ships on the board and you don't have quite as much room to zoom around as you do at 300...

Darklighter Family Reunion is over

DabDarklighter(P1) defeats BiggsIRL (P2)

98-86 with Hyperspace Assault.

Dab decided to sit all of his ships at the starting line, and only speed up when my ships were in position.  Dropped the newly christened Vander right on top of his left flank, and wasted one of his Vic1s, but wasn't able to drop a 2nd ship before the Vander was eliminated as well.  His Vic 2 (and an 8-2 win) was 2 hull away from dropping when the final turn was up.

Instead, a glorious 5-5 narrow victory for Dab, and Motti!

Edited by BiggsIRL

Pod 1

JJs Juggernaut (2nd player) vs Truthiness (1st player)

5-5

MoV 13 (183-170)

Fleet Ambush

A very close game were the speed of the rebels and the first player kept them alive. (I definitely don't like fleet ambush as Imperials and second player either). I think I was tired when I made my list and didn't include contested outpost or fire lanes... <_< One Vic was killed on turn 5, and Paragon died around turn 3. Lots of squadrons also died and Yavaris ended with three damage cards, though it had repaired a few shields.​ My remaining Vics were at near full health. An interesting game, but one where he speed of the rebels allowed them to escape at the end. I forgot to record the game so no Vlog for this one. Good game to my opponent.

Onca vs Green Knight

Green Knight wins 10-0

MoV 460-117=343

Objective: Contested Outpost, Green Knight played second

Was a fun game. I lose my AFs pretty early on, but my carrier af and my fighters got some great rolls and did a lot of dmg. I almost closed the MoV by taking out his VSD I, but an unlucky reroll on the single red dice from the gsds side arc killed me before that could happen. 

log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102269443/Onca%20vs%20green.vlog

Edited by Onca