Sign in to follow this  
Adeptus-B

Miniatures Gallery

I was playing around with a new camera and decided to take some pictures of the miniatures that I made for my Dark Heresy campaign, using bits from GW's various multi-part plastic kits. Here are some generic Player Character types:

5PZrEor.jpg

AHLY7A4.jpg

Some 'civilian' types, that I use for bystanders, ship's crew, and whatnot:

Hdg13rr.jpg

lIdXCCB.jpg

Some Ecclesiarchy characters (two of these are modified metal figures):

VDoYWWN.jpg

You can never have too many scummers:

kPeT3To.jpg

9sXxHFS.jpg

Edited by Adeptus-B

Here are some Imperial nobles (two modified metal figures, the rest plastic):

J9pTjyC.jpg

Ln9deC2.jpg

Some armed-and-armoured troopers:

TSaBkrU.jpg

6xvzU3R.jpg

I mostly use GW figs, but once in a while I find stuff from other companies that work in WH40KRP. Here are some plastic figures from Reaper's 'Bones' line:

gekXveT.jpg

I'll save most of my 'bad guy' figures for another post; as a preview, here are some custom-made Dispayers (Wood Elf bodies, Crypt Ghoul heads and arms, and hoods made from 'green stuff') from the Adversaries section of the DH1 Rulebook:

5I6LzVq.jpg

y5HCg3v.jpg

These are great.  I love the Dispayers you made. 

My group uses mostly GW figures as well, but I have found the Infinity miniatures are perfect for DH.  Also Raging Heroes has put out a line of female figures that fit as well as GW has a severe neglect with female figures unless they are Sisters.

I need to get some shots of our figures and post them here.

~ alemander

My group uses mostly GW figures as well, but I have found the Infinity miniatures are perfect for DH.  Also Raging Heroes has put out a line of female figures that fit as well as GW has a severe neglect with female figures unless they are Sisters.

Yeah, GW's selection of female figures is... lacking. Wood Elves and Dark Eldar are about your only multi-part plastic options.

I need to get some shots of our figures and post them here.

I'd love to see them!

Well, I meant to follow up on this in a more timely fashion... Better (very) late than never, I suppose.

The party in my (absurdly long-running) DH1 campaign are currently on the ill-famed swamp planet Dusk. Here are a few of the unpleasant things they have run in to.

Saynay cannibals. I went with pulp-style savages over the 'effete aristocrat' version of Saynay depicted in later DH supplements:

f7qwKYs.jpg

f2yM1DU.jpg

reN9at6.jpg

They are mostly made from Empire Flagellant bodies, with Crypt Ghoul heads.

An 'alpha predator' beastie:

pJ5yozl.jpg

x1mMSvY.jpg

mwowpan.jpg

vQvSBix.jpg

The body is an old WFB River Troll, while the head is a Black Leviathon from GW's old ship-combat game MAN O' WAR, spliced on with 'green stuff' (two-part epoxy). I sculpted the tail entirely out of green stuff.