Sign in to follow this  
Dreeghul

Droids & Equipment

On page 47 of EotE Core Rulebook, it states that a droid player character can choose to have his equipment built into his body. Now is there a limit to how much equipment can be installed? Does the equipment count towards his encumbrance? He has a cybernetic limit, but is there an equipment limit?

The Limitation I put on the character is that the Encumbrance still applies... (i.e. the droids chassis can only hold up so much)

The notation on equipment and droids does not state they get to ignore the encumbrance ... just that they can have it "attached" or "Built" in.  

It's more of just a flavor/roleplaying thing. You don't see many droids putting on or taking off clothing or armor. Carrying around weapons, sometimes, but I think IG-88 has one mounted on his arm.

That’s funny. I thought IG-88 had a weapon mounted *AS* one of his arms.

But I went and did a Google Image search and looked at the various pictures from ESB, and it appears that he is actually holding a blaster pistol in his right hand, and a blaster rifle in his left.

Huh. I don’t know where I got that idea….

It's more of just a flavor/roleplaying thing. You don't see many droids putting on or taking off clothing or armor. Carrying around weapons, sometimes, but I think IG-88 has one mounted on his arm.

But I went and did a Google Image search and looked at the various pictures from ESB, and it appears that he is actually holding a blaster pistol in his right hand, and a blaster rifle in his left.

Perhaps p66 of the EoTE CRB?

Uh? I don't get it... Page 66 is the Colonist politico talent tree?

He wasn't -always- a Bounty Hunter...  He started out as a protocol droid. ;)

Oops, I think I meant p56.  The Bounty Hunter career description.  It pretty much shows an IG droid with what I think is some kind of weapon arm (the left arm).

The Limitation I put on the character is that the Encumbrance still applies... (i.e. the droids chassis can only hold up so much)

The notation on equipment and droids does not state they get to ignore the encumbrance ... just that they can have it "attached" or "Built" in.  

Yes, built in equipment purchased with starting money/future money is counted against encumbrance. 

Yes. Encumbrance is an important balancing tool in the system, GMs ignore it at their peril...

Oops, I think I meant p56.  The Bounty Hunter career description.  It pretty much shows an IG droid with what I think is some kind of weapon arm (the left arm).

That picture, would appear both arms are weapons...