Sign in to follow this  
Talonbane Cobra

HELP! Raider mission R2

My friend and I are right now playing the raider R2 mission and have just realized the victory conditions are bat **** crazy.

We can't understand the why's and wherefores of it.

Anyone that's played it and understands what i'm on about please help?!

Rebel Victory: One section of the Raider is crippled.

Imperial Victory: Capture 2 Rebel ships. Alternatively, the last non-ionized Rebel ship flees the battlefield.

Draw: If only 1 Rebel ship is captured and all other Rebel ships are destroyed, go to mission R4

Am i being really dense here?

What if the imperials don't capture any rebel ships but all rebels are destroyed, have they got something wrong?

Remember, in the scenario rebel ships that have an ion token when they loose their last hull point remain on the table until they float off or are captured by the Raider. Having played the mission a few times, it is really hard to end the mission without at least one ship eligible for capture, you basically have to be actively attempting to subvert the victory conditions to not capture any.

That said, if you did somehow end up with no ships captured and all Rebels destroyed, I'd just follow the Draw result both for logic's sake (neither side completed their objective) and thematically the other two missions show the aftermath of either side winning while mission R4 is more or less a stand-alone mission that works regardless.

I was rubbish, flew my fully loaded k wing right in the raiders path and it got run over.

Managed to volley the fore section down to 3 hull, but also managed to get some crits that meant Raider was screwed for energy. He shot and killed a non ioned X-wing leaving me with 2 daggers that bot got ioned and flew in to my own cluster mines.

It was a hot mess.

The problem was the win conditions totally confused us and it brok the flow of the game and mean the last part was not fun.

Edited by Talonbane Cobra

I'm sorry to hear that the mission wasn't fun for you guys. :( Still, even with the string of unfortunate events it sounds like it should have still been possible for the Imperial player to reach the conditions for a draw as the mission is currently written (assuming the Cluster Mines destroyed the Ionized B-wings, that should have created two potential targets for pick-up).

Edited by StratN8

Same thing happened to me during that mission. My raider accidentally ran over the single remaining rebel ship. It wasn't ioned so the mission ended and no conditions for victory were met. Consensus when I asked about it on the forum here was divided but we decided to treat it as a draw, though ic actually recommend replaying it.