Sign in to follow this  
DraconPyrothayan

How bloody fast is the K-Wing?

For a ship with a Shuttle-Tier Dial, this thing can boogity-boogity with the best of them thanks to Slam.

Moreover, with Advanced Slam can then allow a Boost with the Leebo crew.

Do these combine to outstrip the fastest ships in the game, as previously discussed in this SableGryphon thread from last year?

It's certainly got the best cornering, at a 225 degree turn in a single round, ending behind one's self (previously possible with Tycho turn, boost, and Daredevil, but the K has its turns at the same speed).

Edited by DraconPyrothayan

it's actually not that fast (and leebo crew is just pure **** because it crews your maneuver AND slam next turn)

full speed SLAM K goes about full speed Fat PWT minus the 360 shot at the end

which is good, because it means actual decision making is involved, and because SLAM + small base allows for far more precise snaking around obstacles (and A-slamming a conner net in the worst possible position for the enemy :))

you haven't lived until you've pulled a freaking U-turn to dump conners on Vader's face

Edited by ficklegreendice

Sounds like the SLAM does what it is supposed to do (minus the bomb drop prior to SLAM that everyone hoped after reading that bogus article). Too bad the Missile Boat isn't in the game, since, you know, it started SLAM over 20 years ago, before the ugly Lambda face lift.

Sounds like the SLAM does what it is supposed to do (minus the bomb drop prior to SLAM that everyone hoped after reading that bogus article). Too bad the Missile Boat isn't in the game, since, you know, it started SLAM over 20 years ago, before the ugly Lambda face lift.

just give it 3 waves

if FFG can see fit to give imps a dumb PWT falcon-ripoff, it can give them an awesome gunboat

just give it 3 waves

if FFG can see fit to give imps a dumb PWT falcon-ripoff, it can give them an awesome gunboat

DON'T YOU DARE HATE ONIMP%252520RAID%252520SV.png  !!!

Da'Hecks wrong wit'chas?!

:angry:

just give it 3 waves

I actually am super indifferent to the gunboat even if i flew it in XvT. If they bring it out, good, if not, just as good.

But i don't think it will come, because they have only brought TIEs as small imperial ships, nothing else at all. I think they stick to that.

On top of this comes that the next waves will probably be related to the new movies and not go further into the EU. So maybe after the movies...

That's solid reasoning; but, at the same time, the fact that they've only brought out TIE's thus far could just as easily be justification for doing something a little different.  It could certainly be that the Skipray died with the rest of the EU, though.  I'm just saying it's a viable Imperial option for something comparable to the K-Wing that wouldn't have to be created by FFG, and could be a very cool model with the rotating foils.  Personally, my fingers are crossed.

Edited by Captain213

Imperials already got there K-wing equal... the TIE punisher. Of course the K-wing having the easier of the two mechanics makes it the more appealing ship. I'm sure that in time the Punisher will have it's potential realized for more than being a reason to get Twin ion engine upgrade.

I think the gunboat is more a B-wing equal, and I think that 3/2/4/4 would serve it well. Also give it roughly the same cost as the B-wing would help it.

boost is a lot easier to work with than SLAM (add FCS to Redline, done)

likewise, Deathrain's shenanigans are a lot easier to work with than SLAM --> A-SLAM. Just trundle up to an ace and vomit forth a conner net for instant victory.

SLAM is just cooler :P

and rebels don't have a dedicated parallel to the K. The Y and the K are nowhere near as similar as the bomber and the punisher. Imo, the named Punishers are incredibly obvious in their utility; the generics notsomuch

The gunboat having SLAM would fufill a  completely different role