Sensor Jammer

Echo

Juke

Sensor Jammer

Stygium Particle Accelerator

Carnor Jax

PTL

Autothrusters

The gist is obvious. Force them to have to use Focus on Defense with Juke, setting up Sensor Jammer to enhance your defense, or get them to take the damage to try to mitigate Sensor Jammer when they shoot back. If Carnor is in range, enemies get neither, so they get hit harder and punch back weaker (nice for a frail list). Echo with decloak can be very obnoxious as a blocker, denying actions altogether, and getting the free Evade to trigger Juke. Carnor is the "obvious" target, but you plan on turtling with him and Vader/Echo pound the opposition.

Is this a great list? No. But when you get it dug in at range 1, it is extremely satisfying. I took it against a TLT list and it did OK between the Autothrusters and Sensor Jammers, and with Juke pretty much got to pound Y-Wings as though they were Agility 0.

Just thought I'd share and see if anyone else has been having some fun with either of these cards lately.

Juke is also looking promising with an opportunist or two shooting after a high PS Juker. For example:

Tycho

PTL, Juke

A-Wing Test Pilot

Autothrusters

Chardaan Refit

Keyan Farlander

FCS

Opportunist

Ibtisam

FCS

Opportunist

Either you take the damage from Tycho, or you risk getting two Opportunist shots (with stress bonuses) coming at you.

The other thing I like about Juke is how it forces opponents to have to take Focus or suffer consequences. Against single-action ships, that can be devastating, as it limits their ability to maneuver, target lock, evade, etc. effectively. It's still a corner case, but I'm digging this little card.

I was thinking that would be a solid combo on Guri or Xizor...but they have no way of getting the Evade token for Juke, d'oh.  

Still an interesting combo, I quite like the Echo build, unorthodox to say the least.

I'd have to try it out, but this combo could be a nice little paring on Etahn.

The biggest issue with Etahn is that his ability is so potent as a support that he ends up drawing a lot of hate. This combo makes him a tiny bit tankier. That might be the boost he needs to survive long enough to be worth his points.

Put him next to 5 Bandits, let Etahn eat focus tokens, and the opponents will not enjoy eating a bunch of crits.

I'd have to try it out, but this combo could be a nice little paring on Etahn.

The biggest issue with Etahn is that his ability is so potent as a support that he ends up drawing a lot of hate. This combo makes him a tiny bit tankier. That might be the boost he needs to survive long enough to be worth his points.

Put him next to 5 Bandits, let Etahn eat focus tokens, and the opponents will not enjoy eating a bunch of crits.

That's my kind of list. I've been wanting to put Etahn with Zs for a long time now. Guess what now?!?! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!74:152,44,-1,148:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:

Edited by MegaSilver

Interesting idea, but personally I don´t like it very much. Usually you have one action, I would prefer to use focus to increase damage output as to take an evade with all ships to maybe force the opponent to use its focus token for defense (which in most of the cases he will do anyway).

I don´t get the trend for "turtleing", attack should be in focus to force your opponent to use his focus for defense all the time anyway. Maybe I can understand for vader, but for Echo there you should at least spread some threat and not hide yourself.

Edited by IG88E

on the less silly side, ATC Vader may still make excellent use of Juke

pair him up with someone like Carnor Jax or Deathrain (conners) to ensure the damage goes through, or just use it to force focus spending and indirectly augment the dark lord's defenses

Edited by ficklegreendice

Echo gets the free evade when he decloaks (from Stygium) and can take his focus action.

Although I prefer Advanced Cloaking Device, this could work out (although I would never give away ACD)

Edited by IG88E

Yeah the best pick for this combo would probably be the E-Wing or the Starviper though.

Because Vader is stuck at 2 attack, and Echo has no ACD and no VI. Which it badly relies on.

Corran or Eating a Boat on the other hand have 3 attacks and sacrifice PTL and FCS. Which is bit as bad as the tradeoffs the imperials have to make if they want to run it.

Same goes for the Viper pilots, although only one can have it at a time because of Virago. Guri would be my favorite as he can still get a focus with his evade.

Edited by ForceM

Echo, Whisper, Deathrain, and Redline have no official gender, as they're FFG Originals.

I therefore tend to feminize them.

Echo is female according to the ffg faq.

Whisper has never been said either way but it's a feminine sounding call sign.

Red line could be anyone with a need for speed, deathrain sounds like an emo.

Echo, Whisper, Deathrain, and Redline have no official gender, as they're FFG Originals.

Redline is male, he is from the Force Unleashed novel, apparently.

was about to say this :ph34r:

regardless, I actually really like these "Names" because you get to imagine whoever you bloody want in the cockpit of these awesome starwars ships :P

could even be you in there :o (no, that's silly; I can't even get flight sims off the ground...)

regardless, I actually really like these "Names" because you get to imagine whoever you bloody want in the cockpit of these awesome starwars ships :P

could even be you in there :o (no, that's silly; I can't even get flight sims off the ground...)

Don't need to get off the ground when you're deployed in space.

It could also explain Echo's erratic flight-patterns. We can't predict what she's doing if even SHE doesn't know where she's going.

Don't need to get off the ground when you're deployed in space.

It could also explain Echo's erratic flight-patterns. We can't predict what she's doing if even SHE doesn't know where she's going.

certainly works with a unknowing player at the wheel :P

which is why I only ever fly Whisper and Sigmas :rolleyes: