Sign in to follow this  
Wraithdt

How useful is Bombadier?

Haven't tried it yet - but I think it can be handy when you overshoot your target(s)  Bombardier gives you more options or better chances to hit with the template when dropping a mine.

For your high-skilled Pilots the 'Area of Control' gets quite larger, if you carry Seismics or Proton Bombs. This can be a real bugger for your opponent - depending on his list.

Edited by TheRealStarkiller

For two points its pretty good in a lot of builds.

If you have three points, there are a lot of other options to use.

It only costs 1pt but I'm kinda torn between Bombadier or FCS for my Blue B-wing.

I'm finding that most Rebel players in my local shop are trying out the K-wing these days.  I'm playing against a lot of them.  Even usual Imperial players are thinking of getting a K-wing to try it out.  They all take Advanced SLAM and drop bombs. 

Standard procedure for K-wing is to zip up crazy in front of you, drop the bomb, and then zip out of your arc.  This and the few turns after it usually has someone chasing the K-wing.  I've found a couple of times when someone has Bombardier that I end up in range of the bomb when I thought I was out.  I'm expecting the bomb and I still get hit. 

I'm finding that most Rebel players in my local shop are trying out the K-wing these days.  I'm playing against a lot of them.  Even usual Imperial players are thinking of getting a K-wing to try it out.  They all take Advanced SLAM and drop bombs. 

Standard procedure for K-wing is to zip up crazy in front of you, drop the bomb, and then zip out of your arc.  This and the few turns after it usually has someone chasing the K-wing.  I've found a couple of times when someone has Bombardier that I end up in range of the bomb when I thought I was out.  I'm expecting the bomb and I still get hit. 

Per the FAQ, that's not actually legal.

You're not revealing a dial, so you don't get to drop a bomb with a SLAM. You can drop an action-requiring mine with Adv-SLAM, though.

Unless I misread your statement, anyway. I'm trying to be helpful, not a pedant. :)

Its amazeballs on a certain scum firedprsy pilot who likes bombs...

Emon + Andrasta + Bombardier + any 3 bombs of your choice + a mod of your choice, though Counter Measures works well for me. You end up with the option to drop bombs using the straight 1, straight 2, straight 3, left turn 3 and right turn 3 templates at which point your opponent struggles to evade your bombs.

You're not revealing a dial, so you don't get to drop a bomb with a SLAM. You can drop an action-requiring mine with Adv-SLAM, though.

Unless I misread your statement, anyway. I'm trying to be helpful, not a pedant. :)

Maybe he meant mines?

Maybe he meant mines?

Even with mines it would be get up their face, SLAM more into their face and leave them a blue present, maybe be out of arc.

I call them all bombs as that's what the icon is called.

I've seen a lot of K-wings get out of arc of most ships after dropping their bombs.  Maybe it's because people are still getting used to them in my store and how to handle them. 

Again... how? Advanced Slam is giving you a action AFTER you slam. So unless they are Dropping a bomb, maneuvering, slamming, then taking an action, or maneuvering, slamming, then dropping a mine they are doing something wrong. I mean they can arc dodge to some degree but they will have to be keeping their booty towards the ships they are dropping mines on.

I call them all bombs as that's what the icon is called.

I've seen a lot of K-wings get out of arc of most ships after dropping their bombs.  Maybe it's because people are still getting used to them in my store and how to handle them. 

Again... how? Advanced Slam is giving you a action AFTER you slam. So unless they are Dropping a bomb, maneuvering, slamming, then taking an action, or maneuvering, slamming, then dropping a mine they are doing something wrong. I mean they can arc dodge to some degree but they will have to be keeping their booty towards the ships they are dropping mines on.

You SLAM into a position where you drop your action bomb and then remain out of arc when the opponent moves, I imagine.

I would argue that for one point Intelligence Agent has a better advantage, since with SLAM you still profit from it after your mines (or bombs, but eh) are gone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it also profits for just dropping mines because you don't have to overlap ships to guarantee the mine goes off, which only blows your positioning options through the roof

plus it turns B-wings into ungodly annoying blockers :)

I would argue that for one point Intelligence Agent has a better advantage, since with SLAM you still profit from it after your mines (or bombs, but eh) are gone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it also profits for just dropping mines because you don't have to overlap ships to guarantee the mine goes off, which only blows your positioning options through the roof

plus it turns B-wings into ungodly annoying blockers :)

Seems like its worth a try. I was using the Warden bomber without a crew and I'm already liking a lot. Just finding ways to optimize my list. This is what I came up with after hearing your inputs:-

1 x Warden + Intel Agt + Seismics + CNets + EM + Adv SLAM

2 x Blue Bs + FCS + E2 Mod + Tact

1 x Bandit Z-95

Any additional advice you guys can give would be appreciate. Will give this one a spin soon to see how it fairs.