Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

Sins of the Past

With 2 lore heroes, you wait a few turn. The only problem is that if you get him in the first 3 turns, you discard him, and even if you could take it back from the discard pile, it's not worth it. Heavy comboed decks can be fragile, but when they work, they're am-o-zing.

Erestor looks awesome. But, I have this sneaking suspicion that he will receive erratum at some point. The erratum on Will of the West was a decent attempt at preventative maintenance, but I don't think that it will be enough to keep Erestor from being involved in some absolutely insane interactions and combos. 

With 2 lore heroes, you wait a few turn. The only problem is that if you get him in the first 3 turns, you discard him, and even if you could take it back from the discard pile, it's not worth it. Heavy comboed decks can be fragile, but when they work, they're am-o-zing.

There aren't two lore heroes though... there is only 1. Without any resource acceleration (except for Good Harvest which isn't acceleration but similar) there is no way you would get Gildor in play until quite late in a game...... most turns you are going to need those lore resources to play your defensive attachments or save them up to play a copy of Gleowine and/or Galdor who are both arguably more important to the deck.  I really don't think this deck they posted is that great... the events are just a bit of everything and many important cards (some of which they speak of as integral) are only x2 when they aren't even unique and you could easily play multiple copies of them to great effect, I get that you draw cards so much faster but you also discard many cards so I don't see the point of only 2 copies of these integral cards. For example considering how important it is to the deck I would most definitely put a third copy of Silver Harp in as well, especially considering it is not unique and the more copies you have out the more cards you can save from Erestors discard......

Definitely a neat little deck but I think someone will very quickly come up with something similar that works far more effectively. 

Edited by PsychoRocka

I would also put x3 feint and x3 test of will as they are just such important and useful cards for any deck.

To be fair, the deck was designed with a Core Set x1 assumption. He mentions adding a third copy of A Test of Will in the article, actually.

I just like that they posted a 65-card deck.  :blink: Man, Erestor is weird.

I think an Erestor deck will benefit greatly from being paired with the leadership sphere. With all that card draw you are going to want a lot of resources. So cards like steward, gaining strength, tighten our belts, and wealth of gondor are going to really help. Sadly none of the Noldor stuff is in that sphere.

My second thought is a love of tales deck that turns all the songs into resource generators. Then fill the deck with all the songs and the best cards from each sphere. 

I would also put x3 feint and x3 test of will as they are just such important and useful cards for any deck.

To be fair, the deck was designed with a Core Set x1 assumption. He mentions adding a third copy of A Test of Will in the article, actually.

I just like that they posted a 65-card deck.  :blink: Man, Erestor is weird.

haha you caught me before my edit  :P

There aren't two lore heroes though... there is only 1. Without any resource acceleration (except for Good Harvest which isn't acceleration but similar) there is no way you would get Gildor in play until quite late in a game...... most turns you are going to need those lore resources to play your defensive attachments or save them up to play a copy of Gleowine and/or Galdor who are both arguably more important to the deck.  I really don't think this deck they posted is that great... the events are just a bit of everything and many important cards (some of which they speak of as integral) are only x2 when they aren't even unique and you could easily play multiple copies of them to great effect, I get that you draw cards so much faster but you also discard many cards so I don't see the point of only 2 copies of these integral cards. For example considering how important it is to the deck I would most definitely put a third copy of Silver Harp in as well, especially considering it is not unique and the more copies you have out the more cards you can save from Erestors discard......

Definitely a neat little deck but I think someone will very quickly come up with something similar that works far more effectively.

Silver Harp only goes on Spirit heroes and there's only one in the deck, so you can't have more than one in play anyway

Its pretty funny that the picture on Silver Harp is meant to be Elrond and the flavour text implies it is him also yet he can only use the Silver Harp if he has Vilya attached  :P

Spirit Elrond hero incoming to jive with the discard mechanic? :)

That would be so cool. I was hoping for the Leadership hero in Carn Dum to be Elrond, until it was confirmed it was a Dunadan.

Silver Harp only goes on Spirit heroes and there's only one in the deck, so you can't have more than one in play anyway

Why can't you have more than one? Its restricted not unique. 

I just took a deck very similar to this through Mirkwood in 5 rounds, but used Spirfindel instead of Eowyn for the theme - and I didn't proxy the new Rhudaur cards, so obviously it's less powerful. It performs quite well already, though. Didn't draw any Protector of Lorien early, but put two Jewellers into play for free and Legolas contributed by placing some extra progress. Putting Cloak of Lorien, Elven Mail and Rivendell Blade on allies is fun. Wrapped up by questing for 12 on the last round and then one-hitted a Beastmaster with Glorfindel + Fair & Perilous just for the sake of it. I usually don't like tri-sphere, but fun cards are so scattered.

Why can't you have more than one? Its restricted not unique.

You're right. My bad. It's really only "integral" to get one though, so I'm OK with only 2 copies.

--------

Anyway, I'm disappointed because so far these cards don't seem to be doing what I interpreted them doing with the discard mechanics. I haven't seen any cards that can be played from the discard pile. So far we just have a lot of discarding and preventing cards from being/staying discarded.

Disappointing, but also means we still have a lot to look forward to.