Sign in to follow this  
Darkside Yoda

The Back to Dials X-Wing Podcast is live!

A couple of us from the Colorado area decided to sit down and start a podcast! Episodes 1 and 2 are now live! You can listen to us on Backtodials.com or on iTunes or Android.

Also, please check out our website (link above). We would love some good feedback and list submissions for our lists page! Thanks for tuning in! :)

Edited by Darkside Yoda

Nice.   I have been flying Biggs KeyWest List for sometime now.

I don't use the HLC, or Opportunist on Key.  I go for R5D6 on Wes and VI.   Glad to hear someone else flying the list.    

I have caught many people off guard with this combo.      Key is very good and with the extra points, I use PTL and and Ion on him, so I'm always stressed and people have a very tough time to get out of my arcs.

Edited by eagletsi111

Just so y'all know, we have a raft of new content planned! Episode 2 is almost through editing and will be published shortly, and is the first time we will be doing our list head-to-heads, where we think up cool or unorthodox lists and pit them head-to-head against each other in theoretical on-air battles, with our producer being the final arbiter! If you have a list you want us to check out, let us know here or on our website www.backtodials.com. 

We are thrilled to be entering the podcast scene and excited to share our love of the game! 

Thoroughly enjoyed it, gentlemen!  The discussion format is great!

Always remember to introduce yourselves at the start of a podcast.  If I hadn't (very briefly) met Tyson and Bernstein at various SCs/regionals, I wouldn't have been able to keep up with who was who.

And maybe it's best for the internet/universe if Dan isn't on... ;)

Loved it, Whats your guys'  release schedule going to look like. its been getting hard to go two weeks without xwing podcasts.

Thanks for listening! Episode 2 should be out shortly. After that, we are planning to record either monthly or biweekly, we haven't quite decide which.

Always remember to introduce yourselves at the start of a podcast.  If I hadn't (very briefly) met Tyson and Bernstein at various SCs/regionals, I wouldn't have been able to keep up with who was who.

Thanks for the feedback! We realized that we didn't do that right after we posted it. Hopefully it wasn't too hard to follow. Its been corrected for the next episode, which I think is much improved

Yeah, it really is very close to being done - just a couple little things and splicing in some segment breaks :) 

Thank you for the feedback! As Darkside Yoda mentioned, we did a much more thorough job for Episode 2 - it's a lot more polished, and we actually put breaks in, which is both helpful for us (After Episode 1, my throat hurt FOR DAYS) and for the listener!

Loved it, Whats your guys'  release schedule going to look like. its been getting hard to go two weeks without xwing podcasts.

Thanks for listening! Episode 2 should be out shortly. After that, we are planning to record either monthly or biweekly, we haven't quite decide which.

We are going to try to record in the same room as much as possible - it's really nice, as it lets our producer/webmaster/father figure Joe do his best work and it keeps a lot of the weirdness and crackliness out of our sound, versus recording remotely. Unfortunately, since I then have to drive to meet them, it means that sometimes we can't record as much as we like. Besides, we don't want to pressure Joe into releasing something that doesn't sound good!

Nice show!   But I had a question.   One of you mentioned about using a VT-49, PTL, EI, and Yssane to boost in the Combat phase if needed.   I'm not sure how you can do that!    Can you confirm for me.

Because the EI says the following:

EI: Once per round, after you perform an action, you may perform 1 free action from an equipped Upgrade card with the "Action:" header. Then receive 1 stress token.

Ysanne: At the start of the Combat phase, if you have no shields and at least 1 Damage card assigned to your ship, you may perform a free evade action.

She doesn't have the Action: Header?

Can you explain that again?  

Thanks
Edited by eagletsi111

PTL does it. You take the Evade action from Isard, then PTL to Boost.

But isard, doesn't have the Action: Header on the card.    So you cannot use Isard.   I'm I missing something was there a FAQ or something?

I understand the PTL from her action, are you saying your not using EI?    Because in the pod cast you mentioned EI helping you do it.   I don't understand how?

Edited by eagletsi111

But isard, doesn't have the Action: Header on the card.    So you cannot use Isard.   I'm I missing something was there a FAQ or something?

I understand the PTL from her action, are you saying your not using EI?    Because in the pod cast you mentioned EI helping you do it.   I don't understand how?

Maybe Asa can clarify, but I believe he was talking about using EU (Engine upgrade) and PTL to boost off of Isaard's evade. Maybe one of us said EI accidently when we meant EU

Maybe Asa can clarify, but I believe he was talking about using EU (Engine upgrade) and PTL to boost off of Isaard's evade. Maybe one of us said EI accidently when we meant EU

Indeed, Tyson is correct. If I said EI (Experimental Interface) on the podcast I apologize; I meant EU (Engine Upgrade). The sequence is as follows:

At the beginning of the Combat phase, Ysanne triggers and gives you a free evade action. You may choose to Push the Limit off of that action if you wish, to perform another action, be that Target Lock, Focus or, if you have Engine Upgrade equipped, boost. In this case, nine times out of ten, I choose to boost in this case - this is the strength of this particular configuration, as it allows you to boost in the combat phase. 

Hope this helped!