Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Everyone Keeps telling me Wave 8 in November? Where is this info?

I'm not asking if it's possible.   But I have been to 3 different stores and 1 tournament.   Everyone is telling me they heard November?    Where did this first get leaked that November was the expected date.   Even on the Pod cast Interview.   Alex states he hopes it on time, which means somewhere somebody stated a release date?  Because how could it be late, if no date was given.   I'm just asking where that is?

Edited by eagletsi111

I'm not asking if it's possible.   But I have been to 3 different stores and 1 tournament.   Everyone is telling me they heard November?    Where did this first get leaked that November was the expected date.   Even on the Pod cast Interview.   Alex states he hopes it on time, which means somewhere somebody stated a release date?  Because how could it be late, if no date was given.   I'm just asking where that is?

The CEO said Q4 in his report

Apparently Wave 8 is being bumped to Q4 via the CEO's report, as I am guessing in the beginning of 2016 FFG's people will be working on new ships from TFA and ships in rogue one to be released as wave 9 at 2016 Gencon. (I hope we get an aces box in the meantime, but....)

However the Raider was supposed to be out in late May/ early June, and yet here we are with it being released in august, I doubt wave 8 make's it's appearance in 2015.

Given ffg pattern of previews each week of a new ship before a release and the fact wave 8 has 7 seperate sku and nothing has been preview yet. I find a release of nov 15 suspect considering it's already sept 23. This doesn't even count the obligatory ffg on such topics as "how will wave 8 change the meta", " what does hand designer/past world winner think".

However a release before worlds would be hilarious.

Episode VII - The Force Awakens releases on December 18th.  The T70 X-Wing and TIE/fo from the Force Awakens have been added to Wave 8, and it's likely that they (FFG/Disney) will want those ships out in time for the holiday season.

Wave 5 (Outrider/Decimator) hit at the end of November in 2014 - I'd imagine Wave 8 will be svheduled for release at a similiar time.

October will be Armada Wave 2, late November X-Wing Wave 8, the Gozanti is an Epic ship and could appear seperately.

Edited by FTS Gecko

Well Alex did talk in the Scum and Villany podcast about how they finally have their production stuff working the smoothest it ever has (or something to that affect).

Christian originally said they were targeting Q4 for Wave 8.

If they had that target and production is going smooth then it's a strong possibility.

In fact, given that they added the Force Awakens expansions to Wave 8 I would think it may be a near certainty that we get Wave 8 for the Christmas shopping season. If Wave 8 wasn't going to be ready in that time frame I think they would have had a separate release for Force Awakens stuff.

All signs point to this being totally legit regardless of their production history.

Wave 5 (Outrider/Decimator) hit at the end of November in 2014 - I'd imagine Wave 8 will be svheduled for release at a similiar time.

Yeah, but they had wave 5 manufactured by August of that year because the had some airlifted for gencon. It was shipping delays that delayed it until November.

Much as in-time-for-christmas would be nice, I'd be pretty happy if it didn't happen till 2016.

We've had a lot of releases in a short period of time; barely two months until the next wave again would be picking up the pace to levels my wallet wouldn't survive. ;)

Much as in-time-for-christmas would be nice, I'd be pretty happy if it didn't happen till 2016.

We've had a lot of releases in a short period of time; barely two months until the next wave again would be picking up the pace to levels my wallet wouldn't survive. ;)

Good job you don't play attack wing then :)

Good job you don't play attack wing then :)

For that and so many other reasons.

Not even at the Printer yet.

Gozanti maybe, but Wave 8? We'll be lucky (or unlucky, depending on your view) to get it this year.

The status of new releases reported on the FFG site is not completely accurate. Especially that TIE Bomber... been on the boat for quite some time. I heard (from a good source) back in early August that Wave 8 had just started production- but until the printer is actually up to speed without any glitches FFG won't say it's "at the printer". The same source is very certain that the 2 new TFA expansions were well into manufacturing just after the new core set hit stores.

I think FFG has several more releases "in development" that is being bumped up. With a new movie every year and Rebels, they have plenty to work to do. As long as we keep buying.

There is one T-70 pilot they look like they're trying to _not_ spoil. If that's the case, we probably won't see Wave 8 until the 18th of December at the earliest.

And, frankly, 18 December is probably the single worst day of the year to launch a new product. It is perfectly timed to ruin a lot of Christmases. Therefore of it's going to be late December, expect it to be held until January.

Also: 3rd parties put speculative dates on Amazon for X-Wing _every time_. Those dates mean nothing.

There is one T-70 pilot they look like they're trying to _not_ spoil. If that's the case, we probably won't see Wave 8 until the 18th of December at the earliest.

And, frankly, 18 December is probably the single worst day of the year to launch a new product. It is perfectly timed to ruin a lot of Christmases. Therefore of it's going to be late December, expect it to be held until January.

Are you talking about the unspoiled T-70 pilot that is almost certainly Asty? If so there is already a figure that's been released so it's not a Disney info embargo, just the standard FFG release procedure. They will ramp up there own spoilers in the weeks leading up to the release like usual.