Sign in to follow this  
sozin

Scum and Villainy Episode 18: Alex Davy Interview

We're back, baby!  Join us as the S&V podcast team interviews X-Wing game designer Alex Davy, where we discuss the fine art of wookie skinning, Jedi sex cults, where on Depetar to score the best uncut glitterstim, and illegal ship modifications!

...and TLTs.  And Wave 8 design ideas.

Play in new window | Download

I find it a bit odd that he's not asked about the SLAM/bomb kerfuffle, especially since as far as I know this is his first time on the record since U.S. Nationals. I would love to know some backstory there.

But then, maybe that just means it's not as big a deal in the wider world as those of us arguing about it on the boards thought it was.

See, that's how you tackle the TLT discussion in a reasonable way:

- Does he think TLT is overpowered? No.

- Does he admit he's been wrong before? Yes.

- Are they willing to tackle the situation if TLTs prove to be too good? Yes.

- Does he mention player skill on either side of the argument anywhere? No.

Very mature and objective stance if you ask me.

Around 13 minute mark he points out that Integrated Astro does not occupy the title slot.  Flat out says it is not the last "fix."

He doesn't say that another fix is coming. He only notes that the title slot is still as an option if they need it in the future, and that they're going to see how Integrated Astromech performs before they touch on this again.

Around 13 minute mark he points out that Integrated Astro does not occupy the title slot.  Flat out says it is not the last "fix."

He doesn't say that another fix is coming. He only notes that the title slot is still as an option if they need it in the future, and that they're going to see how Integrated Astromech performs before they touch on this again.

True, I was not clear in how I phrased it.  He said he would be surprised if this was the last card to come out for the X-wing.  Implication is that more cards for X-wing are likely when an opportunity arises.  Also said that folks are probably underestimating the strength of IA which I think is accurate.  (20% increase in durability for 5%, arguably 0%, cost increase)

Awesome, been waiting for this episode. 

Did anyone else have any issues getting it to download to iOS ? I had to try a few times to get it to finish the download, kept stalling near the end.

I've been having this issue. Time to try downloading again.

True, I was not clear in how I phrased it.  He said he would be surprised if this was the last card to come out for the X-wing.  Implication is that more cards for X-wing are likely when an opportunity arises.  Also said that folks are probably underestimating the strength of IA which I think is accurate.  (20% increase in durability for 5%, arguably 0%, cost increase)

I've been proxying this card a lot, and I've been pretty vocal here in my agreement that people are seriously under-valuing the card, especially on the lower-cost pilots. It's not as strong as things like the X1, but the Advanced was a 20+ point ship that punched like a baby. It needed serious buffs to its offense to justify the cost.

IA on ships like Biggs, Tarn and the Rookie is a very solid buff that makes the ship very good at its role (dogfighting jouster with a utiliity knife astromech slot), without knocking the B-Wing out of consideration.

Did anyone else have any issues getting it to download to iOS ? I had to try a few times to get it to finish the download, kept stalling near the end.

If anyone else is having this issue, please send me a message. We're using a cheaper host, so if this continues to be a problem I'll look into a more reliable hosting plan.

If anyone else is having this issue, please send me a message. We're using a cheaper host, so if this continues to be a problem I'll look into a more reliable hosting plan.

I seriously pay like 3$ a month for it...

I have the same issue. Had it with their previous episode as well.

Edited by Veldrin

I really think ot depends. if we get another good 1 or 0 point Astromech (maybe even X-Wing only) then yes its gonna be THE fix.For generic X-Wings or cheap ones like Tarn Mison that is! I was very sceptic at the beginning, but i start to believe that generic X-wings will be up to par with maybe even Blue Squadron pilots. However its not nearly enough for the Ace Pilots. They need EU, they need expensive Astromechs so IA will do nearly nothing for them.

Well thats a shame, Luke and Wedge will collect a metric ton of more dust on their shelves. And before the discussion comes up, no they are not okay at all.

38 point Wedge compared to 38 point Poe is really a ridiculous difference in power level.

Edited by ForceM

What is the targeting astro?  I am more impatient for the T-70 blister than any new expansion since I got into this game.  And not for the T-70 at all!  

Seems to be an astro-slot equivalent to the K4 security droid. Only difference is we don't know what type/colour/speed of maneuver will give the TL.

the podcasts were 

Team Covenant is having issues with their site this could be related.

I'm still unable to finish the download. I thought it had but when I tried to listen file was not there. 

the podcasts were 

Team Covenant is having issues with their site this could be related.

Seems theyve been having all kinds of issues with the site ever since they relaunched. Kinda feel bad for them, its not as active as it used to be over there.