Sign in to follow this  
Wilhelm Screamer

Why does the ghost have torpedoes?

Seriously, I can find absolutely no reference to the ship using them in any source material at all.  This is the only real instance where there feels like  a massive disconnect in what a ship does in game and what it does in lore (and no, tie fighter does not count).

It even comes packaged with advanced torpedoes, which have no utility for the ship when it already has a 4 dice primary.  What is going on in this expansion?

swx39_spread.png

This is super god **** weird to me and it is keeping me awake right now.

Second query, is it wrong for the ship to have an ept?  Is that too much to ask for?

Edit: It comes with predator, so there is some way to equip that. FFG EXPLAIN THIS NONSENSE NOW

Edited by Wilhelm Screamer

The Ghost can drop Conner Nets, Cluster Mines and Thermal Detonators, but I cannot see a Bomb upgrade slot in the cards. So I guess perhaps Sabine crew can replace a torpedo slot with one or more bomb slots, and you might want to use the other torpedo slot for Extra Munitions.

Edit:

Ninja'd by Caspanova...

Edited by Azrapse

Considering the Falcon has missile launchers, I'm not surprised that the Ghost would have them, however since they are a rag tag rebellion and are running off of limited supplies they probably haven't had anything to shoot out of the tubes. 

While no EPT is a bit concerning, look at all the upgrades. It won't need an EPT slot. perhaps one of the crew member's adds one.

edit: ninja'd above

A lot of the larger ships have torpedo weapons. The VT-49 decimator for example has a torpedo slot.

Now with torpedoes being in their current state of still a waste of points you can count on that slot only being filled with Extra Munitions to get a second bomb and nothing else.

As for the EPT they are often used to represent a signature trick that a pilot may have such as expert handling for doing barrel rolls that discard target locks. You can't do that many trick moves inside a C-5 galaxy when compared to a F-18.

Edited by Marinealver

Season 2 spoilers?

Quite possible.  Since it seems like FFG may have been mandated to add Rebels stuff, it's possible that someone talked to someone that actually worked on the show and they gave them the specs of the ship, including systems that haven't been shown on the show yet.

That is my guess as well.

Probably they realised the ship needs Extra Munitions for its bombs to be viable, therefore because Extra Munitions uses a Torpedo slot for no apparent reason then they had to give it a Torpedo slot. It's not like anyone would ever equip torpedoes in this slot anyway.

Edited by Dronevil

It should come with the Extra Munitions card rather than the Adv. PTs.

This is just like the one B-Wing that came with two Enhanced Scopes cards and not a single AS of FCS. Bad service.

If it came with Extra Munitions we would complain there aren't enough bomb tokens, but if they leave it out then we carry EM over from Ks and Punishers along with the tokens.

A lot of the larger ships have torpedo weapons. The VT-49 decimator for example has a torpedo slot.

Now with torpedoes being in their current state of still a waste of points you can count on that slot only being filled with Extra Munitions to get a second bomb and nothing else.

As for the EPT they are often used to represent a signature trick that a pilot may have such as expert handling for doing barrel rolls that discard target locks. You can't do that many trick moves inside a C-5 galaxy when compared to a F-18.

Hera makes the ship dance like it's a god damned ballerina.

As previously stated....the Falcon has a missile slot that I don't ever recall seeing used.

Also, I disagree that Torpedoes are useless.  Even without all the many ways you can make them work, there is always at least Flechette Torpedoes that stress you out as long as you have 4 hull or less.  Bro Bots have 4 hull and HATE to be stressed at the wrong moment. 

"How dare FFG consistently create versatile, flexible ships." -- OP

nice strawman you have there

doubling's good for EM+bombs(assuming Sabine is an "add bomb slot" crew), and also good for filling up the bar to prevent the "no EPT" whining which would inevitably happen otherwise (see: shuttle)

If you have some way of acquiring extra focus, I think APTs can be very effective. There's Kyle Katarn, Garven Dreis, Lando, that K-Wing pilot, Push the Limit, or even EI/Marksmanship. They're also good on Keyan Farlander.

So it is certainly possible that some other card in the expansion will make the torpedoes more deadly.