Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Internutt

CoC LCG comes to an end

9 posts in this topic

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/22/let-it-eternal-lie/

We all expected it would happen once the last of the faction boxes was released and FFG have just confirmed this officially.

I'd expect 2016 Gencon to be the final CoC event, with 2017 focussing on L5R.

EDIT: Seems I got that wrong, 2015 is the last event.

Edited by Internutt
narubianHorror293 likes this

Considering Nate wrote:

We all thought the game was coming to an end ten years ago, but it refused to die, and I for one can only hope that the game will somehow, against all odds, find a means to surprise us once again…

I'll be joining the common hope and pray Nodens to still have Lovecraft kept into their (to me sadly totally unknown) plans for the future

Still, it's a 12-year run, and 1560 cards. Should be enough to play until the rise of the Elder Things...

The community of Warhammer Invasion say the same thing when the game was ended. "We are gonna continue to play and make the game alive!"

Today, they are gonne, stores no longer carry the game and I am sure FFG dont reprint packs or core boxe. So yeah, the online presence fading is inevitable. Rest in peace Cthullu

Edited by vilainn6

The community of Warhammer Invasion say the same thing when the game was ended. "We are gonna continue to play and make the game alive!"

Today, they are gonne, stores no longer carry the game and I am sure FFG dont reprint packs or core boxe. So yeah, the online presence fading is inevitable. Rest in peace Cthullu

My LGS has a core box sat on the shelf, so I guess some stores still carry it. I know he'd get in expansions if there was a demand too.

alexbobspoons likes this

Generally you do have a point, but then there are always a scattered few such as me who bought the entire Warhammer Invasion set this year. My online store had to order in some packs from their distributer.

Also, look how long the winvasion podcasts lasted for, impressive!!

As a guy who had that problem in several card games (Spellfire, the old Netrunner, Decipher Star Wars, Decipher Lord of the Rings, Wizards Battletech among others) its the inevitable sad end of discontinued card games (one can say Decipher Star Wars was the only who escaped that sad end but its a very tiny shadow of past glories). Netrunner was the (very) lucky one.

Edited by Kentares