Sign in to follow this  
Iztac

X-WING Force Awakens Core Set, now what?

You probably could, but that's a little absurd, the general theory is that one player may become more likely to be dealt 'nasty' crits than the other.

It's like applying damage / crit cards to destroyed ships. You're still supposed to apparently.

You probably could, but that's a little absurd, the general theory is that one player may become more likely to be dealt 'nasty' crits than the other.

It's like applying damage / crit cards to destroyed ships. You're still supposed to apparently.

A. I know I'm veering off topic a bit and will let this get back to recommending ships after this post.

B. Yeah, it's technically true, but as long as long as you don't count the different cards that have been pulled its a bit of Schroedinger's damage deck. The next card is simultaneously a direct hit and not a direct hit and you don't know until you turn it over.

At this point I think 1 new core and 1 original core is the place to start.

Beyond that just pick up what you think looks cool. Pretty much every ship in the game can be fun particularly in casual settings.

I would recommend against buying multiples of any one thing until you get a good feel for what you are going to like. For every ship that I have no interest in, somebody else loves it. And for every ship I love somebody out there hates it. You will definitely want multiples of certain ships eventually but just wait until you try things out.

Yeah the two damage deck odds thing is nonsense it's random if you have 2 decks or one each and it is on topic because OP wants to know if he should wait for a new classic core with updated deck, do we know that is even happening? I would say go for the OT core even if it does have the old deck and just share the new one.

The way I got all my friends into it was I bought the Core and then asked all of them to go out and buy a single ship.  They picked the ship that they really wanted.  It leads to instant addiction.

If you're playing with your kids I would suggest you go buy the original core as well.  The extra die and flight rulers will come in handy.  Then, each of you pick a ship you really want to fly.  Finally... ENJOY!