Sign in to follow this  
heychadwick

Col Vessery and Tie FO's

Hi All,

I've left my phone at home and work blocks list builders.  I'm hoping to find out what builds people have used with Col. Vessery.   He's the Tie Defender that gets a free TL if someone else has a TL on the same target.   I'm thinking that Tie FO's are fantastic for this. 

So, what lists have people tried?

I will be picking my first Core Set up soon and won't be able to do more than 2 Tie FO's for a bit, but even those 2 are good.  If you only have 2, what lists would be good?  What else would you take? 

General consensus seems to be the FO's are going to get the most mileage from certain named pilots. That being said if you were to give Vessery VI and bump him to an 8 you could get some good synergy with the PS7 Omega Ace who will want to use PTL to pick up both at TL and focus to use his ability.

Other than that you could always plug a couple 4 PS Omega Squadrons with DTF or another cheap upgrade into a list.

Thanks guys. 

Anyone make a list out there yet?  I'm trying to figure out how much I can get in on a list with Vessery.  I've usually gone with Mangler on Col. V as I'm trying to save points.  Might not need to with cheap Tie FO's, though.  How many Tie FO's can you get in a list?  I hate not having my phone and I don't even know how many points they are.

What other aces will be good with him?  Is it better to go with aces over more generics?

As for the other named FO's, I don't think anything has synergy with Vessery. Epsilon Ace allows all friendly ships (including himself) to discard a stress at the beginning of combat so that's probably not going to help Vessery often. Zeta Ace can use the 2 straight instead of the 1 for barrel rolls so that's not going to help.

Zeta can be used with the other Ties, though.  It might be nice to have S-looping or K-turning list that doesn't take a red when they do it. 

The other pilots might not have synergy with Col. Vessery so much, but they might just be good to put in the list. 

Hmmm....Col V with VI and Mangler Cannon with 4 Epsilon Squadrons is not bad.  In fact, there are a ton of other Elites to give him for a point.  Adrenaline Rush is good for when you have to do the 2 hard turn.  Cool Hand for the same reason.  Crack Shot will be worth it vs. high agility targets (Soontir...cough....Soontir).  Lighting Reflexes is also good. 

Thanks!

I feel like if you're going to TL with your FOs, you need PTL to also let them focus/evade to keep them alive.  I also really like Ion Cannons on Defenders, one because it's correct, and two because the level of control is really useful with all the small-base shenanigans these days like SLAMing and hard-3 turning TLT Ys.  Lone Wolf helps Vessery more with the green rerolls to keep him alive rather than for offensive use.  Could be swapped for something else.

Colonel Vessery (35)

Lone Wolf (2)

Ion Cannon (3)

Omega Squadron Pilot (17)

Push the Limit (3)

Push the Limit (3)

Push the Limit (3)

Total: 100

every PTL FO that shoots after Vessery will be good with Vessery

Zeta Ace is amazing for the simple fact that he's zeta ace. That 2-roll makes him crazy flexible.

but the crowning all-star has to be Omega Leader. That ability is freaking ridiculous and will force the TL to stay on the described target.

I've been trying a way to throw in Omega Ace with Vessery. I'm still new to this but I've been playing around in squad builder. What do y'all think of this? Slightly modified from one I saw in here.

"Omega Ace" (20)
Crack Shot (1)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Ion Cannon (3)

Push the Limit (3)

Push the Limit (3)

Total: 100