+ Weapons Engineer

+ K4 Security

+ Maneuvering Fins

Cartel Spacer (14)

Cartel Spacer (14)

Cartel Spacer (14)

Total = 99

Bossk has dropped the hammer quite a bit in this layout

I like it.  Bossk is a huge crit monster in this set up.  

A few possible changes that I might make:  

You could swap out the 3 Cartel Spacers for 3 Binayre Pirates, then switch the maneuvering fins to an Engine Upgrade - that would give you more of an ability to keep everyone in that beautiful 180 degree primary weapon arc - and keep the Mangler Cannon locked on.  Maybe switch out Marksmanship for Predator, since you might be using your action to boost?  

Then you still have 4 more points to add an Illicit upgrade (Glitterstim?) or move up to to 3 Black Sun Soldiers for 99 points. Plus an additional 3 hits to block.  

Happy Hunting!

Now, I know this combo isn't for everyone but I'm quite partial to the Deadman's Switch+Houndstooth Phoenix Bossk

What is Phoenix Bossk? I have never heard of that one.

When a Phoenix dies it is reborn from the ashes. Or in this case the Nashtah Pup emerges from the ashes of the destroyed Hounds Tooth.

I like it.  Bossk is a huge crit monster in this set up.  

A few possible changes that I might make:  

You could swap out the 3 Cartel Spacers for 3 Binayre Pirates, then switch the maneuvering fins to an Engine Upgrade - that would give you more of an ability to keep everyone in that beautiful 180 degree primary weapon arc - and keep the Mangler Cannon locked on.  Maybe switch out Marksmanship for Predator, since you might be using your action to boost?  

Then you still have 4 more points to add an Illicit upgrade (Glitterstim?) or move up to to 3 Black Sun Soldiers for 99 points. Plus an additional 3 hits to block.  

Happy Hunting!

Yeah being a crit monster was the plan, try and make as many scenarios where as many crits as possible could be produced (reroll & dice mod) with a chance of going through, if 3 crits can be made, 1 turns to 2 hits & the extras are smacking hull on small ships with with minimum/no shield protection.

Predator/EU was another build I'd looked at but I'm not a massive fan of the 1 dice (maybe 2) reroll, though EU would be handy (and yep would require marksmanhip to be dropped as they conflict in the action slot). Even though I might not be able to get Marksmanship off every turn (e.g. doing stress inducing 0) if I've "greened" the previous one K4 + Weapons Engineer have allowed a double target lock, so will still have at least a target lock floating around during the stressed turn for a full reroll that sort of makes up for that & the Fins were just a filler upgrade (they haven't proved overly usefull to date)

Might try the suggestions though to see if it gets any better results. finding his ideal wingmen has been the current trial.

Now, I know this combo isn't for everyone but I'm quite partial to the Deadman's Switch+Houndstooth Phoenix Bossk

That's an interesting idea, might have to give it a go

Edited by BigBounty

Crit monster for sure, but I find Mangler and Merc Copilot to usually be enough.  You could consider dropping Marksmanship down to Crack Shot or VI and replace Fins with Engine.  I would also consider bidding for a higher PS than Cartel Spacers by going to Black Sun Soldier Z-95s.  This should leave you at 97 points.  You could add a few IDs on your Soldiers or put a feedback array on Bossk and keep a 1 point initiative bid.  Sounds fun!  I keep trying to fit 3 cartel marauders into a Hound's Tooth list (only viable one is really the Slaver), but three Scyks or Z95s wouldn't be that bad.  Lower firepower for sure, but still playable.

Crit monster for sure, but I find Mangler and Merc Copilot to usually be enough.  You could consider dropping Marksmanship down to Crack Shot or VI and replace Fins with Engine.  I would also consider bidding for a higher PS than Cartel Spacers by going to Black Sun Soldier Z-95s.  This should leave you at 97 points.  You could add a few IDs on your Soldiers or put a feedback array on Bossk and keep a 1 point initiative bid.  Sounds fun!  I keep trying to fit 3 cartel marauders into a Hound's Tooth list (only viable one is really the Slaver), but three Scyks or Z95s wouldn't be that bad.  Lower firepower for sure, but still playable.

Actually that might be the way to go, push the PS up some. VI & Soldier Z-95's, would save the points for EU & make PS 9,3,3,3 (instead of 7,2,2,2) & as you say leave some points for some illicits