Sign in to follow this  
Lecitadin

Treachery of Rhudaur cards are up in CardegameDB!

I've always wondered what tha ability of a Spirit Aragorn (Sparagorn!) would be. Boosting will power of allies, I guess?

I really think they torpedoed Spirit Aragorn with Loragorn.  Threat reducing is a Spirit ability and yet they made Loragorn the single strongest threat reducer in the game.  I guess in trade they need to allow Spiragorn to draw cards.

I know there are a lot more named elves that Dunedain in the lore, but here are the Nolder and Dunedain we have so far:

Noldor

Erestor

Elrond

Galadriel

Glorfindel (x2)

Elrohir

Elladan

Cirdan is coming

and we could argue that Legolas and Celeborn could be included.

Dunedain

Aragorn (x3)

Beravor

Idraen

Halbarad

My point is only that we need more Dunedain to balance things out.

I don't see how the appearance of a Fellowship Aragorn in Treason of Saruman affects the chance of a Spirit version in another release.

Yes, I think some kind of buff is likely! We've seen the Strider side of him in the other spheres, so a more "royal", synergic Aragorn would be cool.

I think the only reason that a Spirit Aragorn is unlikely in the 5th box is that if the 6th box follows Sam and Frodo, and the 5th focuses on Minas Tirith etc., then the Palantir of Orthanc would be a useless Boon as it must attach to a Fellowship Aragorn. And it is only gained in the last quest of Treason of Saruman - if we get an alternative Fellowship hero and can choose to include Aragorn, that's great, but otherwise it would mean that Boon cannot be used at all after gaining it.

I don't see how the appearance of a Fellowship Aragorn in Treason of Saruman affects the chance of a Spirit version in another release.

Because obviously we're going to get another one in the box you suggested, because that will be following Aragorn's side of the story just as ToS was. I mean, the box is even named 'Flame of the West', how much more obvious do you need it to be that the Fellowship hero will be Aragorn again?

I didn't know about the name, nor have I played campaign mode and got into how boons and burdens work. (I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm usually much more excited about cycle packs than saga expansions.) You may well be right.

News: Carn Dum and Land of Shadow are on the boat.

Yes, I think some kind of buff is likely! We've seen the Strider side of him in the other spheres, so a more "royal", synergic Aragorn would be cool.

He means we will certainly have a new Fellowship Aragorn, just llike they do for the Frodos. That's I also think we won't see Aragorn Spirit in Saga 5.

I got my copy today and just finished my first run through. The quest is DL5 for the record.

I won my first try, and I don't feel I was particularly lucky. The quest has some fairly nasty shadow effects, but once burning brand is in play you can take most of that away. There are also a few "wrath" effects which are pretty nasty and will make you think twice about the order in which you do things.

The first stage of the quest is ... Weird. Stage 1B is timed 5 with no way to put counters back on. There are no quest points on this stage, you have to make progress on the side quests. But the side quests require 14, 16 & 18 progress. As a solo player it's not easy to finish even one side quest before time runs out. When it remove all side quests from play and move on to stage 2A. It was just weird to me. It will be hard enough to finish one side quest, let along all three.

Love to hear other people experiences. I'll dial it up again soon.

I was able to finish two of the sidequests on my first playthrough solo. I even had one of them buffed with +6 quest points. I think I got lucky there because I cleared locations and enemies the round they came in. The encounter deck couldn't keep up and I steamrolled the final stage of the quest.

However, the second game I got location and side quest locked! I threated out before the last time counter was removed... >_>

I was able to finish two of the sidequests on my first playthrough solo. I even had one of them buffed with +6 quest points. I think I got lucky there because I cleared locations and enemies the round they came in. The encounter deck couldn't keep up and I steamrolled the final stage of the quest.

However, the second game I got location and side quest locked! I threated out before the last time counter was removed... >_>

What kind of deck were playing? That's a lot of willpower!

Played tonight 2-player and won on the first attempt with Bard/Merry/Elrond and Erestor/Legolas/Eowyn.  We cleared two of the three side quests (one of them just barely, it needed 30 progress as it had 2 condition treacheries stacked on it).  Had a rough transition to stage 2 and managed to weather 6 attacks while still clearing about 3 enemies in return.  Then we totally lucked out and had a complete whiff of a questing phase-- 2 whiff treachery cards, 1 of them surged into a harmless location.  One of the treacheries did cause the boss guy to attack, but we were well prepared for it.  That round of love from the encounter deck allowed us to cruise to victory the round afterward, 20 progress on the quest and claiming two of the Clues.

Don't the special effects on each side quest also help you make progress though? Surely this must help a fair bit?

I got very unlucky. I had that side quest that raises your threat each round by 2 so I did my best to get rid of it but I got hammered by locations and treacheries and couldn't make progress quick enough. I also couldn't muster enough Willpower (I had bad draws) so I barely scratched the initial active location. Only did clear two locations that game. And when I did get enough willpower I had the treachery that forces you to choose a new quest... So that threat raising quest stayed in the whole game and I lost by threating out.

What kind of deck were playing? That's a lot of willpower!

Been using this deck from Hall of Beorn. Faramar boost ftw!