Sign in to follow this  
Lecitadin

Treachery of Rhudaur cards are up in CardegameDB!

Harp isn't that strong on Eowin. It can also save cards discarded by encounter effects, but for sole willpower boost favour of the lady is better.

EDIT: Teamjimby was first

Edited by koriakin97

There are many combos with the Harp, but to me the most powerful is in an Erestor deck where you play (or discard) all but one card in your hand. Now you can save that Test of Will of Hasty Stroke (or any other response) until you actually need it. That essentialy fixes the single biggest weakness of the Noldor "draw your deck, but put it into your discard pile afterwards" strategy. It's not as if there is a danger of failing to draw the Harp to begin with, when you are drawing so many cards per turn. Between the Harp, Galdor, the Weaver, and whatever comes in the next two packs to play from the discard pile, my Revenge of the Nerds deck is going to be out of control. Once we get Cirdan it will truly accelerate to ludicrous speed. I am very excited to see just how silly I can make this deck.

Really? All these combo ideas being thrown around and no one says anything about Silver Harp with Eowyn? Definitely like Galadriel's Mirror + Silver Harp, but Eowyn could easily use it to get even stronger for free. Add it into the Herugrim combos as well if you want.

It's not a bad combo with Eowyn, but now you're talking about a 2 cost attachment to effectively give her a permanent +1 willpower.  I feel like I've seen that before...

The-Favor-of-the-Lady.png

That's a good point, but this gives you the flexibility to either have 4 or 5 willpower. If you skip giving her the bonus willpower, you'll have it around to prevent other cards from being discarded. I think you're largely correct, though, that you might as well us FotL.

Really? All these combo ideas being thrown around and no one says anything about Silver Harp with Eowyn? Definitely like Galadriel's Mirror + Silver Harp, but Eowyn could easily use it to get even stronger for free. Add it into the Herugrim combos as well if you want.

Also good with Protectior of Lorien. This card seems to be one of the new power cards of the game.

Yea. I may be wrong but I think someone already mentioned Protector of Lorien. Still a good one because it's even more versatile than just gaining willpower. But Eowyn and Galadriel are in sphere so it's easier to use with them.

Exciting pack. Lot's of cards that invite you to make a deck around them! It's funny how Noldor just suddenly became a full-fledged archetype in such a short time. Sure the tactics allies where here a long time ago, but now everything flows together.

I was thinking of building a silly Galadriel-Istrari deck, now I guess I'll have to add song of kings to play reinforcements as well. :)

Exciting pack. Lot's of cards that invite you to make a deck around them! It's funny how Noldor just suddenly became a full-fledged archetype in such a short time.

Though I tend to agree, especially with the arrival of Cirdan, I believe that we should get a Noldor Leadership and a Noldor Tactics Hero, since there are only two, who mostly restrict the player to use them both in order for them to be effective. 

That would be nice! We are due a Leadership hero but the next pack is going to have a Dunedain hero they said... maybe in the Saga boxes!?

That's going to be a real challenge, to fit Elladan and Elrohir into these new Noldor discard strategies

Edited by Narsil0420

It would be cool to see the elf brothers in Saga Expansion 5, but then again there are so many heroes that will probably take precedence - Spirit Aragorn is my bet there. New Elladan and Elrohir could tie in nicely with the discard mechanic. If they're Spirit and Lore they could focus on questing/cancellation and healing or scrying. Maybe the Lore one could have: "Action: Discard a card from your hand to heal 1 damage from a character. (limit once per round.)" Not sure if it's balanced, but it would encourage having their father in play for the bonus.

That would be nice! We are due a Leadership hero but the next pack is going to have a Dunedain hero they said... maybe in the Saga boxes!?

That's going to be a real challenge, to fit Elladan and Elrohir into these new Noldor discard strategies

If you're discarding most of your cards, you probably have resources to spare for their abilities.

It would be cool to see the elf brothers in Saga Expansion 5, but then again there are so many heroes that will probably take precedence - Spirit Aragorn is my bet there.

Did you forget about Fellowship Aragorn?

I don't see how the appearance of a Fellowship Aragorn in Treason of Saruman affects the chance of a Spirit version in another release.

Yes, I think some kind of buff is likely! We've seen the Strider side of him in the other spheres, so a more "royal", synergic Aragorn would be cool.

Oh yeah. And it's true that sometimes they include a new hero that is, right away, forbidden to play, like Grima, who you can't play in the first quest of his own expansion!  (Excuse my writing if it's unclear, I'm french-canadian)