Sign in to follow this  
Lecitadin

Treachery of Rhudaur cards are up in CardegameDB!

Silver Harp and Elrond's Council equals threat dial spinning backwards.

This is a paradigm changing pack in many ways.

Are you sure playing a card = discarding it from your hand? I'm not sure it does.

But I am really excited about the harp for another reason: It allows an Erestor deck to keep stuff like Test of Will in hand turn after turn until it's needed. The harp makes the deck type much more friendly to solo play in my opinion.

I'm sure that Silver Harp is meant to return a card that is discarded via a card effect such as Protector of Lorien... not to "return any event, ever."  Kind of like how a destroyed character is 'placed in the discard pile' rather than 'discarded' (and thus the new Gamling ally cannot key off of chump blocking).  If you play an event, it gets discarded but this is not the same as discarding from your hand.  

Galadriel + Mirror + Silver harp = Best tutor of the game ... If you add Galdor ... It's so powerfull !!!!!

Daeron's Rune + Silver harpe = Two cards ... with Galdor, Three cards ....

Silver harp is abused ... With Cirdan ... So abused

Edited by 13nrv

Elf-friend is great for spirit decks wanting to eschew noldor characters but sill get the benefits of some great spirit noldor/silvan characters. 

Light of the Valinor comes to mind. Light of the valinor on Eowyn, with herugrim, why not?

Or tactics, which tactics character doesn't want some lovely Rivendell blades? Eomer, firefoot and rivendell blade. Merry with Rivendell blade and Dagger of Westernesse.

I wonder what sort of silly attachment combos you can get with hobbits + nor am I a stranger + elf-friend.

Edited by Davachido

Are you sure playing a card = discarding it from your hand? I'm not sure it does.

But I am really excited about the harp for another reason: It allows an Erestor deck to keep stuff like Test of Will in hand turn after turn until it's needed. The harp makes the deck type much more friendly to solo play in my opinion.

Yes, sure. Though one may be easily tempted to use during the round, not just at its end. Well, you can use it during the round, then at its end too because Harp will be ready, just not during the next round then.

You're right.  I need to RTFC better.

Yes, sure. Though one may be easily tempted to use during the round, not just at its end. Well, you can use it during the round, then at its end too because Harp will be ready, just not during the next round then.

Yep, and it's not unique so you could could have a whole bunch in play I suppose. Pretty powerful.

I also appreciate how well the Galdor and Erestor allies work together.

My mind is going nuts thinking about the combos and synergy of Elf-friend. As already said in this thread, Eowyn can swing for tons of damage with equipping Herugrim and using Fair and Perilous once she's a friend of the Elves. But then I realize, "Spirit swinging for 9!? WTF? Poor Tactics, Spirit steps on your toes again."

I'm digging the Leadership cards. I'm always a fan of cards that puts allies directly into play. :D

Yep, and it's not unique so you could could have a whole bunch in play I suppose. Pretty powerful.

I also appreciate how well the Galdor and Erestor allies work together.

True, not unique, and not limited to 1 per character, just restricted. For some fun, just imagine Círdan playing two harps at once (he might wanna watch out for the beard though).

And yes, Galdor combos with both versions of Erestor -- how cool.

My mind is going nuts thinking about the combos and synergy of Elf-friend. As already said in this thread, Eowyn can swing for tons of damage with equipping Herugrim and using Fair and Perilous once she's a friend of the Elves. But then I realize, "Spirit swinging for 9!? WTF? Poor Tactics, Spirit steps on your toes again."

I'm digging the Leadership cards. I'm always a fan of cards that puts allies directly into play. :D

It is quite surprising that Elf-friend is Leadership, the one sphere associated least with either Noldor or Silvan, I would say (in terms of cards featuring the trait I mean).

Epic player side quest!!! Going straight in my decks even with its cost of 1 instead of 0. Also this is easily my favourite valour card so far, could be SO POWERFUL during a round in which plenty of combat takes place. I love that the non valour affects all enemies but the valour affects only enemies engaged with one player. So so good for people who play with two decks where one is the "combat" deck and one is the "questing/support" deck especially considering the combat deck usually has higher starting threat and less threat reduction. All the noldor cards are really nice and so is Elf-Friend, trying to think of something cool that has not already been suggested with it... hmmmm. Not a very exciting one but no one has mentioned Elven Mail, you can give an extra two hit points and sentinel to other defenders now via the mail. Awesome pack for player cards and the quest looks really cool as well. I don't know how much of a fan I am of fighting Thaurdir again in the exact same card form. He is literally the exact same boss from Deadmen's Dike, when we fought Bellach twice we at least got different versions of him with different art.... this time its the same art and exact same card. We already get that a fair bit these days with objective allies (Nalir identical in multiple quests in ring maker cycle, Iarion in two quests of Lost realm which is not as bad however at least it is in the one box and now same version of Amarthiul in Wastes, Across the Ettenmoors AND now Treachery of Rhudaur), do we really want/need this to happen with bosses as well....?

The good thing about Amarthiul is that with his very nice 3 attack and defense and ability to swap control when you need it most (when enemies engage) he allows the developers to make enemies tougher, more frequent and more daunting as you essentially have an extra combat oriented hero (minus the resources) for the whole quest.

Edited by PsychoRocka

This may be the most powerful pack for deck augmenting ever. Effectively 9 sneak attacks with the book and reinforcements now. Elf Friend, Insane card draw. A free protector of lorein but for attack. Unbelieveable. All the side quests were amazing but tactics drew the shortest straw there. The other side quests were much better.

Most of all this really makes that 'out of the wild' deck come full circle. Find that nasty enemy or treachery on an early turn. Then negate it throughout the game. Lore is nearing mastery of complete encounter deck control. Stay in secrecy then risk some light then expect mischief, counsel, cancel victory duplicates. Asfoloth those meager locations. Lore can negate so mamy encounter cards. I'm a firm believer that a clean staging area is a path to victory

Edited by midwestborn86

Oh, that happened to me before: confusing a Neutral card for a Leadership one. It also makes sense as far as the distribution goes. And then, of course, the card is much, much better than I had thought it be. What an update from Nor am I a Stranger: instead of Rohan in Spirit you get both Noldor and Silvan in neutral. Now I share the excitement fully.