Sign in to follow this  
Lecitadin

Treachery of Rhudaur cards are up in CardegameDB!

Galdor + ally Erestor seems like a fun combination. Discard one card to draw two.

Reinforcements is nice, like a double Sneak Attack shared among the players.

I note that Send for Aid actually costs a resource to play, unlike the other side-quests. And it has 6 quest points. It's still ridiculously good. (And no, GandalfDK, I'm pretty sure "Each player who did so" refers to the whole thing of searching the top 10 cards. Also I'm pretty sure there's a ruling somewhere that after looking at any number of cards in a player or encounter deck, you shuffle it unless the card effect in question tells you not to)

Silver Harp looks like it'll be very nice in its own niche as well.

Does Call for Aid let you see your top 10 cards and dont reshuffle if you choose not to put an ally in play?

Ha, designers covered that base already. FAQ 1.21 says, Whenever a player searches through a deck, that player shuffles the deck after searching it unless a card effect says otherwise. Sorry! (Send for Aid's second sentence is still necessary, though, as not every player necessarily searched their deck.)

Silver harp and Galadhrim weaver make the discard mechanism far more viable I guess. You can save at least one card per turn from the discard mechanism of erestor. Not to mention that if you have Cirdan with the harp, you draw two cards per turn and keep them both 

...can I change my answer for my own "Strongest player card adventure pack" thread? ;)

Seriously, this crop of player cards is phenomenal. Maybe not for frank power, but for revealing the possibilities of the Noldor archetype with a bang, with 4/10 cards directly interacting with the discard pile. Elf-friend by itself would be game-changing (who wants to stick a couple Bows of the Galadhrim on Bard the Bowman?). Heckuva player side quest, a sort of double Sneak Attack, cancellation victory display shenanigans... Can't wait to explore new deckbuilding avenues here.

So, the discarding playstyle seems to be sticking to Spirit-Lore exclusively.

I guess it has to be associated with Lore, while Spirit has seen it's share of discarding effects (with Rohan and Noldor traits).

Eowyn + Elf Friend + Herugrim + Fair and Perilous = Tons of Damage :D Let's also throw in Lay of Nimrodel and stuff.

I like how all those discarding mechanic cards are simply pretty useful on their own, without requiring some special stuff to be built around them.

Edited by John Constantine

Galdor + ally Erestor seems like a fun combination. Discard one card to draw two.

This got me thinking about a timing question on a slightly different combo: hero Erestor's discard effect happens at the end of the round. Galdor's Response has "Limit once per round."

Let's say it's the end of round 2. You trigger Galdor from Erestor's passive effect. Is Galdor's effect still happening during round 2? I say yes, although it seems a little odd that something can happen after something that triggers at the end of round, in the very same round... But I guess Responses mess with natural game structure all the time, no?

(This is relevant if you wanted to trigger Galdor earlier in round 3 than the end of the round again.)

Edited by sappidus

Man, Erestor is going to be bonkers good. That much draw is going to be so much fun. (And no doomed penalty to make your friends hate you. :))

Also can't wait for Eowyn with Light of Valinor. 

Really, so many good ones. Horn's Cry is perfect for hero Beorn, don't you say?

And the Noldor mechanic, the Harp, Galdor, both great boosts.

Reinforcements and Call for Aid make for more core Gandalf "abuse" strategy. Mono-Leadership Gondor, oh yes, now much better!

Very interesting pack: I'm not sure all of those will live up to the expectations, but there are at least some that look incredibily powerful.

Send for Aid is incredibile, especially in 3-4p games.

I like the pack overall. Many good cards for the discard mechanic. I'm not sure how I feel about Elf-Friend. Thematically it's nice, but I feel like in practice it's just going to lead to broken and/or unthematic combos. Eowyn decks are going to be running Light of Valinor and then use Fair and Perilous for attack. I do see the point of it allowing e.g. Aragorn to equip Lorien cloaks.

Edited by Olorin93

Elf-friend will probably not work well in certain combos (and it will require more attachments and other cards to work well), but I think that it will work amazingly with some heroes, maybe in tactics, where heroes will be allowed to quest with Light of Valanor. Could also work well with hobbits.

It will possibly be a blast for solo play!

It probably won't be worth the combo, but now Brand and Bard can finally get some nice weapon attachments.  Also now there is in sphere access for Eomer to get ranged via Rivendell Bow.  Eomer can attack ranged and use Firefoot to trample an enemy engaged with him.