Sign in to follow this  
Vector

Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor aka Jedi Starfighter suggestion

Does anyone know where I could find a pdf template for a papercraft model of the Delta 7? I am hoping to create the ship and use it in a test battle to see how it would work. I have found a few fan made x-wing pilot cards and such, but unfortunately have no way of creating the actual ship.

While I'm not a fan of the prequels myself, I'm sure it's an exaggeration to state "Everyone hates the prequels." I'm sure there are fans.More to the point, I suspect there are fans of The Clone Wars series.I personally wouldn't mind a Clone Wars expansion for XWM -- I'm sure about four-six good fighters on each side could be added to create two viable factions for Old Republic and Separatists.But I suspect it will never happen.

Not a fan of the episodes 1&2 but i did like 3. And as said before the space battles (and saber battles) were some of the parts that make them 'watchable'. That being said i do think that some old republic ships would be cool to see. While it might not happen it still is a possibility. I mean there were those who thought the ARC wouldn't make it in and it is in the game.

While I'm not a fan of the prequels myself, I'm sure it's an exaggeration to state "Everyone hates the prequels." I'm sure there are fans.

More to the point, I suspect there are fans of The Clone Wars series.

I personally wouldn't mind a Clone Wars expansion for XWM -- I'm sure about four-six good fighters on each side could be added to create two viable factions for Old Republic and Separatists.

But I suspect it will never happen.

"The Clone Wars" series in my book is only second to the OT. Nothing else in star wars gets even close. So I made my peace with the prequels.

Everyone hates the prequels who haven't gone see the force awakens. Sure the dialog wasnt.....as cringy as Anikin's throughout the films, but at least it wasnt a repeat of the exact....same.....bull....said in a slightly different way. It was boring, the new ships, were not new, they were old. Oh lets have them get a planet sized death star....no no, LETS TURN A PLANET INTO A DEATH STAR....but have it KILL A STAR TO POWER IT!

Where did this technology even come from, let alone the funding for such a huge station. The bulk of the imperial fleet was destroyed, There main leaders...dead.... and somehow they go from that to owning a huge planet based plasma cannon

I rather have prequel stuff in X-wing then Anything from this "modern" era of disney crap fest.

The Ships are cool. But I do not know that FFG will ever make them. Chris stated that FFG & Dat Mouse are discussing what to do in the near future as X-Wing grows... dunno.

BUT... a lot is going to happen in the coming years and one day we might see some of these ships... maybe.

:)

I think we are going to see them slowly slide into the game as "modified updates" for the current factions (like the ARC-170).  It would be nice to see the V-Wing done up for the Imps. . .Vader is flying one in the book I'm reading.

Maybe they get enough into the game that they can then launch something like the Scum and Villainy pack that features new Clone Wars ships PLUS cards for extant ships (Clone Pilots for the ARC-170, Jango Fett for the Firespray, etc.)

The Ships are cool. But I do not know that FFG will ever make them. Chris stated that FFG & Dat Mouse are discussing what to do in the near future as X-Wing grows... dunno.

BUT... a lot is going to happen in the coming years and one day we might see some of these ships... maybe.

:)

I think we are going to see them slowly slide into the game as "modified updates" for the current factions (like the ARC-170). It would be nice to see the V-Wing done up for the Imps. . .Vader is flying one in the book I'm reading.

Vader flew Eta-2 Actis's prior to getting his TIE Advanced, and in one book does lead a flight of V-wings while flying his black Eta-2. Would love to see both as an imperial option in X-wing.

I could see the Rebellion as getting Delta-7 Aethersprites, probably the Delta-7B version with centerline full droid slot and extra guns.

Gabe, instead of boost, would suggest barrel roll. Works better to refect its extreme agility. Also would go with only 2 hull and no shields. Fast, agile.. But also fragile.

Edited by mithril2098

that scene of Jango chasing Obi, showering him in really powerful-sounding lasers and yet somehow never killing that little pinprick of a ship baffled me for years

and then I saw Luke's ability in X-wing miniatures for the first time. Puzzled, I tried to think of what Luke did to merit changing focus --> evade. Then I remembered A New Hope and Vader taking forever to lock on Luke because "the force is strong with this one."

And who told Luke to let go; use the force? Old ******* Ben Kenobi

So, what apparently does the light side of the force do in X-wing miniatures? It cheats hard on green dice

hence, Obi's proposed ability :P

Man if I had the force I'd use it to not get hit by some crazy powerful space lasers while flying my x-wing and or Jedi Starfighter. Screw dying in space!  :P

Anyone else notice the first two posters on the previous necro'd page are banned?

Anyway, I don't think the Delta 7 or Eta 2 should get TL, they don't carry warheads and most Jedi probably have abilities that give rerolls or EPTs for Predator, ect. These ships have been difficult for me to stat up since they do seem so much smaller than the more robust OT designs and yet don't seem exceptionally agile when compared to TIEs or A-wings.

Edited by GrimmyV

I would personally be down for a clone wars spin off of x wing. It would actually allow them to change some of the rules to incorporate any lessons from x wing so far. I'm sure there are some possibly major changes to the basic rules or mechanics the designers would like to try, and this would give them a great space for it without yet messing with the current x wing game.

The clone wars TV show was shockingly legit, and between that and the prequels themselves there's enough ships and pilots to have two full factions at least.

As for bringing these ships into the current game I'm not a big fan. It's already kind of jarring to have rebels and tfa stuff all thrown together. They would also be able to do them justice by having the factions and pilots from the clone wars rather than try to make up reasons/pilots for them to be around during the OT and later.

Does anyone know where I could find a pdf template for a papercraft model of the Delta 7? I am hoping to create the ship and use it in a test battle to see how it would work. I have found a few fan made x-wing pilot cards and such, but unfortunately have no way of creating the actual ship.

SWPM-JediFighter.jpg

http://www.zteamproductions.com/sw-tcg.html

Gabe, instead of boost, would suggest barrel roll. Works better to refect its extreme agility. Also would go with only 2 hull and no shields. Fast, agile.. But also fragile.

That's a MelMiniatures card, not mine.

After some research I came up with this.

It is supposed to have the same type and number of canons as an X-wing.

It has mines/bombs according to Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike.

31821838872_5e605e732b.jpg

31821843422_88549059f2_n.jpg

Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor/Legends

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike - FAQ

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike - FR-wikipedia