Sign in to follow this  
Ekroy Tho

Gungan

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Put down the pitchforks. Blow out those torches. You, you with the gun, yeah you, put it down.

There are more Gungans out there than Jar Jar Binks.

So I've been thinking outside the box (or should that be book) and the result is a Gungan Force Sensitive.

Before gathering a group and Games Mastering, I'm going to play through a campaign myself until I've learnt the rules. Basic idea is I'll start in the Gungan city, get onto land and leave Naboo. Probably inspired by the Force to seek out significant locations to become one with the Force. Following his quest, he'll join the Rebellion/Resistance.

But before I can plan a campaign, I need to create a Gungan Player Character. I was going to just use a Nautolan, or wait for the Age of Rebellion book and use a Mon Calamari, but thought I'd see what you the community have to say.

Any ideas for a Gungan PC?

Brawn:2

Agility:3

Intellect:2

Cunning:2

Willpower:2

Presence:1

Wounds: 10 + Brawn

Strain: 10 + Willpower

Special Abilities:

Gungans start with a free rank in Coordination

Amphibious: Gungans do not suffer setbacks imposed by water

Starting XP: 100

This is the template my group's main GM said when we worked to create a Gungan option.

It's a shame that such a cool species is overshadowed by the worst character in star wars. Captain Tarpals is really cool. There is evidence of force sensitive Gungans in canon even though it was an infant.

Special Abilities:

This is the template my group's main GM said when we worked to create a Gungan option.

It's a shame that such a cool species is overshadowed by the worst character in star wars. Captain Tarpals is really cool. There is evidence of force sensitive Gungans in canon even though it was an infant.

That looks good! I think I'll use that.

I know I'm not the first to come up with "Jedi Gungans", there's even a Sith Gungan image, but I didn't realize there was Canon proof of one.

Captain Tarpals is a much better Gungan character.

Special Abilities:

That looks good! I think I'll use that.

I know I'm not the first to come up with "Jedi Gungans", there's even a Sith Gungan image, but I didn't realize there was Canon proof of one.

Captain Tarpals is a much better Gungan character.

In case you're curious. A Gungan infant is shown to be Force Sensitive during the "Holocron Heist" episode arc on The Clone Wars; specifically in the episode Children of the Force

I liked Jar Jar. He was a lovable clown. He's a lot more awesome in The Clone Wars series.

Meanwhile, a player of mine wanted to roll with a Gungan, and we came up with these stats...

Otollan Gungan

Brawn:  2

Agility:  3

Intellect:  2

Cunning:  2

Willpower:  2

Presence:  1

Wound Threshold:  11

Strain Threshold:  9

XP: 100

1 rank in Athletics Skill, Amphibious Ability

Ankuran Gungan

Brawn:  2

Agility:  2

Intellect:  2

Cunning:  2

Willpower:  3

Presence:  1

Wound Threshold:  9

Strain Threshold:  11

XP: 100

1 rank in Discipline Skill, Amphibious Ability

Using UAA as a quick reference.

Brawn 2, Athletics 3, Intellect 2, Cuning 2, Willpower 2, Presence 1

Wound: Brawn + 10

Strain: Willpower + 10

Starting XP: 90

Amphibious, Heightened Senses (remove 1 Setback imposed by low-light conditions, but not total darkness, add 1 Boost to Perception checks using hearing).

Subspecies

• Ankura Gungan: 1 rank in Negotiation or Resilience.
  • Otolla Gungan: 1 rank in Coordination or Survival.

Give 'em 1 Agility and 3 Willpower.  Epic clumsiness!

But Jar-Jar was *clearly* an outlier in that regard.  One accident-prone, clumsy individual in contrast to dozens/hundreds of individuals who are clearly *not* doesn't define a species.

Contrast Jar-Jar with Tarpals, Nass, or any of the hundreds of Gungan soldiers who faced off against the battle droids on Naboo.

JarJar is what happens when you build a Knight level character  and make every one of your skills 2 yellow dice. Everything he does is failure with a triumph.

Meesa named Capone, messa from Nar Shadda, an' messa gonna blast yo if yousa mention "Senator" Binks.

What little respect that I had for JarJar was lost when he tripped and killed a Jedi by accident in Clone Wars.

That was no accident. It was the Force acting through a convenient fool.

Jar Jar is a holy Force Fool. A fool for the force?

Edited by Vondy

Special Abilities:

Da force is with 'dem: Gungans start the session with 5 light side tokens.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Put down the pitchforks. Blow out those torches. You, you with the gun, yeah you, put it down.

There are more Gungans out there than Jar Jar Binks.

So I've been thinking outside the box (or should that be book) and the result is a Gungan Force Sensitive.

Before gathering a group and Games Mastering, I'm going to play through a campaign myself until I've learnt the rules. Basic idea is I'll start in the Gungan city, get onto land and leave Naboo. Probably inspired by the Force to seek out significant locations to become one with the Force. Following his quest, he'll join the Rebellion/Resistance.

But before I can plan a campaign, I need to create a Gungan Player Character. I was going to just use a Nautolan, or wait for the Age of Rebellion book and use a Mon Calamari, but thought I'd see what you the community have to say.

Any ideas for a Gungan PC?

I'm still going to burn your house down.

Yeah nautilan or use the unofficial species menagerie on the eote forums.

What little respect that I had for JarJar was lost when he tripped and killed a Jedi by accident in Clone Wars.

That was no accident. It was the Force acting through a convenient fool.

Jar Jar is a holy Force Fool. A fool for the force?

When did this happen? Just curious really. XD