Sign in to follow this  
ldodt

Races and creatures you would like to see in imperial assault?

I hadn't even realized each expansion was corresponding to the movies in sequence!  Someone smack me!

That being the case,  what would we expect:

Expansion 4- Phantom Menace

Expansion 5- Attack of the Clones

Expansion 6- Revenge of the SIth.

See how tricky it gets the second you hit the prequels... thoughts on what we WILL get versus what we'd like to see?

I hadn't even realized each expansion was corresponding to the movies in sequence! Someone smack me!

That being the case, what would we expect:

See how tricky it gets the second you hit the prequels... thoughts on what we WILL get versus what we'd like to see?

Somebody mentioned somewhere that FFG had already ruled out prequel era campaign, so do we know what era the first two Time Periods are? TP3 is right after the Battle of Yavin, presumably TP2 is the period leading up to that (when we'll be able to play Old Ben Kenobi), what will TP1 be? I'm thinking formation of the Rebel Allience? Edited by mazz0

I hadn't even realized each expansion was corresponding to the movies in sequence! Someone smack me!

That being the case, what would we expect:

Somebody mentioned somewhere that FFG had already ruled out prequel era campaign, so do we know what era the first two Time Periods are? TP3 is right after the Battle of Yavin, presumably TP2 is the period leading up to that (when we'll be able to play Old Ben Kenobi), what will TP1 be? I'm thinking formation of the Rebel Allience?

Mazz,  I don't think they're following a Prequel time line- but perhaps they will visit worlds and characters in a movie-like sequence...  so the next expansion would be Ewoks and Tattoine Hut's henchmen... and Biker Scouts!!!!

I hadn't even realized each expansion was corresponding to the movies in sequence!  Someone smack me!

That being the case,  what would we expect:

I hope we can expect to see prequel content. though I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would be surprised if we don't see rancors in the next full box expansion which would be for the Return of the Jedi. I think they'll need that model in there to boost sales.  Probably quite a few Renegade models in there to boost up that faction.

I would like to see...

A Rancor.

Ewoks with 1 hit point, a single green die, white die w/ +1 Evade, cost 1 point, and you can place any number from 1-8 out there, they all act as a single activation.

Rodians.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Spirit of the Force. Though I can't think of any powers I would give him that doesn't mimic C-3PO with both Distracting and the ability to Focus. Non-combatant.

Emperor Palpatine.

Mazz,  I don't think they're following a Prequel time line

What do you mean?  You just mean TP1 won't be prequel?

I meant that as the campaign is all set in the later years, I don't see the expansions being Prequel timeline.  That said, they can still have many prequel things like the Nexu.  Battle droids, Droideka, the Reek, Geonosians, Umbarrans... you name it- there's room to include them without breaking the timeline- it's not as though the battle droid ceased to exist after the clone wars.  I just think if they stay true to timeline they won't include prequel era characters.  If they did it would mean a need for a complete separate campaign.

R5 droid for scum to be used like R2 in skirmish.

RA-7 for imperials like mentioned above.

Sullustan rebel hero

I was thinking about this what if they made a duel pack for both the scum and imperials called Scum Support Droids and Imperial Support Droids, or something like that, where for the Imperials they get a R5 and either a RA-7 or an IT-O Interrogation droid and for Scum a R4 and a GNK droid. 

The R5 and R4 would most likely be non-unique units costing either 2 or 3 points and have the Repair and Scomp Link abilities that R2 has, but they each have another ability to further make them fit their faction better. The R5 for the campaign could have it while they are next to a door or Terminal they make it so when a Door or Terminal is interacted with by the Heroes they suffer 1 strain. And the R4 droid could have some ability to like concealed weapons granting a friendly figure the ability to add an attack die of their choosing for the next round after the droid was defeated or rigged to explode where when defeated it acts as a grenade. 

The GNK droid would mostly just act as movable cover for the scum, forcing the other player to either maneuver around it or defeat the droid. The IT-O Interrogation droid could be used to be a punishing force handing out harmful conditions and strain to hamper the other player, whilst the RA-7 could be a semi-3PO like figure with a double action like Countermeasures to force the other player to discard 1 Command Card from their hand. Not too sure whether I would want the IT-O or the RA-7 so I discussed both in the post.