Sign in to follow this  
Miah999

A chacater idea.

Just for fun… My wive was a POG (that's poe-g not paw-g) in the army, a 25-mike (graphic designer). So, I wanted to make a chacater that wasn't the combat expert every one else in the game is. But i think he is an interesting concept.

Meet PFC John “Poor” Richards, a 71 Lima in army speak, but to you civilians he’s a secretary. Personal assistant to Major General Edison, and his “good luck charm.” He saved the general from a sniper’s bullet by tripping and knocking the general on his ass. He subsequently saved the day again, by taking a wrong turn and avoiding a waiting ambush. While he’s not the best soldier, he’s good at what he does. And has eared the general’s respect, and two commendations.

Skills:

Dexterity, he can type 100 word a minute.
Engineering, he reads tech manuals in his spare time.
Mechanics, he grew up in his fathers garage.
Reasoning, he can be logical to a fault, but sometimes absent minded.
Command, while not able to command himself, he is a skilled communications tech, and can relay orders by everything from radio to smoke signals.

Stat Grid: 5|4|5|7
4|4|5|6
3|4|3|5
1|2|2|3

Equipment:

Special item:
Typewriter, Type Hand to Hand weapon.
The Underwood brand typewriters issued to army personnel are very heavy, and their cases have sharp corners. When defending in hand to hand combat the Typewriter allows Richards to use his highest stamina value, and offers a 2 point bonus to the result of each die.

Combat pack:

S&W 1917: same rules as in the manual.

RA-35b: a long range radio that allows communication with other units in the field.
The RA-35b allows the use of several special skill tokens.

“Artillery Barrage” : once per game Richards can use his radio to call in an artillery barrage, the barrage follows grenade rules and can target any space adjacent an objective circle.
This token occupies the same slot as the RA-35b, and is discarded if the RA-35b is dropped, traded, stolen, etc. This may not be used in the Crypt, or Labyrinth.

First aid kit: same rules as in the manual.

Stamina pack:

S&W 1917: same rules as in the manual.

RA-35b: a long range radio that allows communication with other units in the field.
The RA-35b allows the use of several special skill tokens.

“Air equipment drop” : once per game Richards can use his radio to call for an equipment drop, one piece of unused allied equipment is placed in the space adjacent to an allied entry point. (non tangibles like skills, ranks, and award tokens may not be used.)
This token occupies the same slot as the RA-35b, and is discarded if the RA-35b is dropped, traded, stolen, etc. This may not be used in the Crypt, or Labyrinth.

BA-27: the extra power provided by this battery, allows Richards to use his Radio twice per game.

Mental pack:

S&W 1917: same rules as in the manual

Army Commendation Medal: 2 bonus points.

Speaks German: a trained translator Richards is fluent in German. Once per game Richards may use his linguistic skill to “fool” one of the Reich troopers (either Schocktruppen or Stosstruppen). The targeted trooper may be moved in any direction up to his full movement value, regardless of weather that trooper has been activated that turn. If the trooper has not been activated, then the Reich player may still perform an action phase but the trooper may not move.

I've posted a second draft of this charcter idea on my new blog along with first draft tokens, Now I had the idea to use Commando Delta an a basis for this character a cost saving measure (more on this idea in the blog post). But I also think it could be intresting to turn troops in to named troops for scenario purposes. Something to think about.

link miah000.blogspot.com/2009/10/john-poor-richards-tannhauser-game.html

I'm new to Blogger so bear with me.