Sign in to follow this  
Chucknuckle

How long from 'On the Boat' until it hits the stores?

I expect mid-late November at this point.  There are RPG books that got on the boat in July and are still not in stores; this next week will be week 8.

Judging by their last X-Wing pre-release, I was hopeful for product by the end of October, but that is extremely optimistic, if not impossible, this late into September.

Of course this is assuming the stuff is accurate.  I talked to someone who said that they ship in an entire LCG cycle at once, something they release in parts over the course of 6 months.  Even though all of it is in their warehouse, they still put each product "at the printer" and "on the boat" in the weeks leading up to its release.  They apparently admitted this at their "State of the LCG" presentation at 2014 Worlds.  No idea if it is true.  I'm not saying Wave 2 is sitting in some FFG warehouse stateside, merely pointing out that it is in the realm of possibility for the entire upcoming page to be vaguely accurate at best with some intern pushing buttons in the weeks leading up to something hitting store shelves.

It says, for example, on the "Upcoming" section, that Celebrimbor's Secret was last updated 12/1/2016. It is listed as "on the boat". Does that mean it has been either on the boat or sitting in a warehouse not able to be bought by anyone for almost 1 1/2 years now? This does not bode well for those of us who have come along years after and are trying to catch up with past releases.