Sign in to follow this  
whafrog

Only three titles

There's only three titles in the queue for the SW line:  Strongholds of Resistance, Chronicles of the Gatekeeper, and Mask of the Pirate Queen.  The last is now "at the printers"...woohoo!...but there appears to be nothing "In development".

That seems pretty thin...here's hoping some new announcements soon...I need something to salivate over that's at least 2 quarters out...

Right!  Make that four titles...

My table could really use a Bounty Hunter, Technician, or Soldier book about now...

Can't we all?

But at the same time, I'm happy I don't have everything at once. I'm having a hard enough time reading through all of the other books that keep cropping up.

The Bounty Hunter or Technician sourcebook will likely be announced by the end of the year, with a conservative estimated release of before July 2016.  Isn't that the pattern?  Adventure, Career, Career, Setting?  AoR is just completing a cycle of that, and FaD has announced half.  It would be interesting to see what the next setting book will be.

Edited by rowdyoctopus

The Bounty Hunter or Technician sourcebook will likely be announced by the end of the year, with a conservative estimated release of before July 2016.  Isn't that the pattern?  Adventure, Career, Career, Setting?  AoR is just completing a cycle of that, and FaD has announced half.  It would be interesting to see what the next setting book will be.

At the last Gamernation Con I talked to Sam Stewart about the pattern and he said yes there was one, but it has fallen by the wayside. Instead it is when it is ready it is announced and shipped...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll hear about a new book once one of the current ones hits store shelves. 

We also might not hear anything until after Episode VII hits theatres.

I have a suspicion that from November until post-Episode VII release there will be a blackout regarding Star Wars products not directly related to Episode VII. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll hear about a new book once one of the current ones hits store shelves. 

We also might not hear anything until after Episode VII hits theatres.

I have a suspicion that from November until post-Episode VII release there will be a blackout regarding Star Wars products not directly related to Episode VII. 

That better not be true, or at least not for gaming products.  That will essentially kill Armada dead in its tracks.  Armada products FFG originally expected on store shelves in July (so they started hyping it back in April) aren't even on the boat yet, which means we will be lucky to see it before November is half over at this rate.

That seems pretty thin...here's hoping some new announcements soon...I need something to salivate over that's at least 2 quarters out...

You are totally forgetting about the Super-Duper Secret Episode 7 books that will drop en-masse in December that aren't listed in the upcoming product listings because they're Super-Duper Secret.

You are totally forgetting about the Super-Duper Secret Episode 7 books that will drop en-masse in December that aren't listed in the upcoming product listings because they're Super-Duper Secret.

Even though you jest...I'm ready to BELIEVE!   ^_^

So super duper secret that FFG don't even know about them :P

I'm not inclined to think that there will be a blackout for non Ep 7 stuff. It's not Disney's style. They don't black out everything not related to Avengers Age of Ultron when that was the thing. Disney seems to take a more practical "it will all make us money in the end" stance in which competing versions of something are allowed to exist, with them up playing the newest version. Odds are strong that if FFG doesn't announce anything during the Ep 7 hype it's likely because they have nothing ready. Why that may be the case is anyones guess. But I imagine they have their next set of books already outlined in the very least. 

It sure feels like there is a window of time around Christmas that they are not going to be releasing books, the 4 we know about are either late Q3, early Q4 or 2016 Q1... The blackout may be real.

I can say with some certainty it is. 

Star Wars the Card Game still has 3 releases of the Endor Cycle that are slated for quarter 4 according to their announcement pages.  Those don't come out more than once a month.

I've got a player chomping at the bit for the BH book. Hoping it comes soon.

Totally sympathize. Got two BH players myself who have completely eaten the bit and have started on the reigns :/

Yeah, I think FFG tends to lean towards the "play it safe and announce when we know it's ready" approach.

As was noted, Q3 is almost at an end, so it looks like a number of those books are going to wind up being early Q4 releases.  And sadly, this isn't something new for FFG, as they've had other books in the line get delayed from their initially slated release quarter, though mostly due to said books being stuck on a boat (as seems to be the case with a number of their upcoming books).

Given that Keith Kappel has made Facebook posts citing that he's writing and it's for Star Wars, I think it's safe to say there's more material coming, it's just going to show up right away.  And with three product lines and only so many full time staff, FFG's not going to be able to churn out books quite as fast as they used to when it was just EotE they had to worry about.