Sign in to follow this  
thestag

NEW ARTICLE! Stormtroopers - Vaders Fist

Do you really think, that "Vader's Finest" is worth 2 points?

When there comes an Imperial Trooper with Assault (or Trooper Assault), then this would be a game breaker ... but right now, I think it's a waste of points.

Edited by DerBaer

When there comes an Imperial Trooper with Assault (or Trooper Assault), then this would be a game breaker ... but right now, I think it's a waste of points.

It's worth it for the cool art!

For 2 points, giving heavy troopers or e-web extra movement is nice.

The E-Webs can not use the 2 movementpoints as they have tripod.

And that would make the Elite Heavys cost 10 point.why would you do that and not just play Elite Stormtroopers for a point less?

Edited by Baer

No one has talked about using this for Kayn, but his needing to be adjacent to figures for abilities is an achilles heel.  Being able to attack and then move next to troops to activate them with firing squad is beneficial.  Activating firing squad and then moving away while attacking to avoid blast is beneficial.  I dunno, time will tell.  But I can see this being a decent matchup.

I would use the heavy troopers for blast, dice damage and their defense bonus. Two movement opens up more options for benefiting from both their attack and defense abilities during their activation. Obviously, I would use this in conjunction with officer/Kayn/etc support abilities to maximize their effectiveness.

For some reason, I thought this card would get around the E-web TRIPOD restriction. Yeah, guess not...

Overall, I am just looking at the bigger picture in regards to trooper build options. For 2 points,I would consider using an upgrade that is useable over and over, opposed to a one time Command card that you may not draw at all.

Overall, I am just looking at the bigger picture in regards to trooper build options. For 2 points,I would consider using an upgrade that is useable over and over, opposed to a one time Command card that you may not draw at all.

I'm not sure what you are referencing here. Vader's Finest is a 2 point deployment card, IE the same as an officer. Not 2 points from your command card deck. 

I'm not sure what you are referencing here. Vader's Finest is a 2 point deployment card, IE the same as an officer. Not 2 points from your command card deck. 

All this talk of officers this, and officers that.  No one uses officers for attack, they are just there to give one figure movement points, and occupy an activation.  This card gives up to THREE figures two movement points EVERY activation.  That's a reasonable replacement for an officer.

All this talk of officers this, and officers that.  No one uses officers for attack, they are just there to give one figure movement points, and occupy an activation.  This card gives up to THREE figures two movement points EVERY activation.  That's a reasonable replacement for an officer.

and that's probably exactly why it's priced how it is which i am fine with. I just used the officer as an example because Chaos was talking about command cards that you only use once. So i'm not sure if they knew it cost deployment points IE the same as an officer. Not Command Points like Son of Skywalker. 

Just had a thought: what do you guys think about, in a campaign, taking a squad of elite storm troopers, giving them 501st attachment and just using them to harass the rebels ahh mission with hit and run attacks. As long as they always move and use the special action from the attachment, they have an effective speed of 6, allowing then to keep their distance, and if they get hurt just run away and heal, then come back with a focus. Obviously you'd need to screen then with other units, but I think that, since right, you could do some serious hurt.

Nice to have new trooper minis - but the pose is all wrong! A Stormtrooper would never hold an E11 blaster like this (with two hands on the grip)!

Doh.

Nice to have new trooper minis - but the pose is all wrong! A Stormtrooper would never hold an E11 blaster like this (with two hands on the grip)!

Doh.

Watch Luke right after obi-wan gets killed. This pose to a T.

http://derekzrishmawy.com/2014/12/15/luke-skywalker-never-shot-a-blaster-rifle-or-a-couple-options-in-progressive-revelation/

Edited by tomkat364