DiabloAzul

Glossary of Armada slang & abbreviations

2 hours ago, DiabloAzul said:

Agreed, for the most part. RAF resurfaced just a couple of days ago, which is why I added it. CW/GCW/PT come up every time there's a new movie release, but yeah, they're probably safe to remove. I'll do some cleanup sometime soon.

And if I may suggest a way to make it a little easier to navigate, perhaps make the separations by letter a bit clearer?
Such as:
-- R --
RAF
-- S --

4 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

How many words start with "Ñ"?  Three?

Not too many :D

+-80 covered in the DRAE (our most official source).

Maybe more if we count words in the DPD which adds words (and meanings) from Spanish variations (Mexico, Venezuela, Perú, etc.)

NOTE: the DPD is official too but is not a regular dictionary as cover only differences so if a word has not any kind of difference you won't find there.

Maybe it became a bit pedantic. Sorry.:)

On 5/28/2017 at 4:28 AM, ovinomanc3r said:

Not too many :D

+-80 covered in the DRAE (our most official source).

Maybe more if we count words in the DPD which adds words (and meanings) from Spanish variations (Mexico, Venezuela, Perú, etc.)

NOTE: the DPD is official too but is not a regular dictionary as cover only differences so if a word has not any kind of difference you won't find there.

Maybe it became a bit pedantic. Sorry.:)

This forum lives in pedantic. You know that, I know that, quit apologizing for a rule as inviolable as the three thermodynamics laws.

EDIT: Don't make me go get @Snipafist's "Ackchually" (yes, I know I got that wrong, I'm lazy, d*****) meme

Edited by GiledPallaeon
So the auto-censor is fallible...

Few more you may wanna add - 

D ball - Blob of Defenders normally numbering 5 and above

Jendon's Orchestra - Squadron builds with Jendon

Neko/CL - Arquintens

Task Force Zombie - Rieekan fleet

Taichi - Redirect defence token (local slang in SG meaning you deflect or redirect something)

Half - Brace (so you remember what the token does)

Sato dice - When your opponent replace 2 dice with 2 black

1 minute ago, DiabloAzul said:

I'm not adding Cinnamon or Doritos (yuk) :P

But ISD-C and -K are routinely thrown around. And @GiledPallaeon made some very good points regarding the latest rules changes.

:( ok... I'll come back when it surpasses Pickle as the most used food nickname for a ship

1 minute ago, DiabloAzul said:

I know where you live.

Well, a rough approximation. But close enough for superlaser work.

Blowing up planets is not the solution, I think you need some planetary extermination counseling 

18 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

BTA: Boarding Troopers Avenger. It's such a common build it deserves it's own acronym.

It is - I was waiting for the dust to settle between "BTAvenger" (22 hits in a forum search), "BTvenger" (21) and "AvengerBT" (14). "BTA" alone doesn't make the cut (at 2 hits, including the 1 from your above post).