DiabloAzul

Glossary of Armada slang & abbreviations

please don't make "chirpy" a thing

what the **** is wrong with "Cheri?"

Abbreviating someone's name has always hit an interesting point with me...  Although, I am reminded of a day in High School Physics.

Me: "30 Amps"

Teacher:  "Its Ampere.  It is named after someone's name.  How would you feel if you made a major scientific discovery and some punk kid just changed it on you, shortening it?"

Me: "Ma'am, with all due respect.  My Last name is Nine letters long and doesn't have a Vowel.  I'd be effin' flabbergasted if they didn't."

but "cheri" has two vowels, is easy to say, actually relates to the card in question instead of sounding like some sh*tty bird, and is actually a word in french

cheri is "darling," and after he saves Rhymer from utter worthlessness by letting him do his job regardless of engagement (even by a single a-wing), you'll see why :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

My brother sent me a text and abbreviated assault concussion missiles as Ass Missles.  I don't know if it will catch on, but since I faced a Gladiator recently (and primarily fly Rebels) I kind of like calling them that...

They are, after all, a pain in the ass, and they tend to get rammed up there by the Demolisher on a regular basis.

Ass missles it is. 

(Or ACM if you want to actually use what people say)

Edited by Jedhead

please don't make "chirpy" a thing

what the **** is wrong with "Cheri?"

Abbreviating someone's name has always hit an interesting point with me...  Although, I am reminded of a day in High School Physics.

Me: "30 Amps"

Teacher:  "Its Ampere.  It is named after someone's name.  How would you feel if you made a major scientific discovery and some punk kid just changed it on you, shortening it?"

Me: "Ma'am, with all due respect.  My Last name is Nine letters long and doesn't have a Vowel.  I'd be effin' flabbergasted if they didn't."

Eastern/Central European origins?

I have a good friend with the surname Kleszczynska....she has pretty much given up in the UK on phones etc :D