Sign in to follow this  
GrimmyV

There's still plenty of ships left for future waves...right?

Ok, let's see what future releases we can squeeze out of the old EU...

Rebels: T-wing

R-41 Starchaser (maybe, fits more with scum)

H-wing

Um. The Lady Luck? Wild Karde?(probably scum again)

Empire:

GUNBOAT (otherwise known as the Alpha-class xg-1 Starwing Assault Gunboat)

Missile Boat

TIE Avenger

TIE Scout

Scimitar Assault Bomber

TIE Aggressor

And about a million other TIE variants including Hunter, Droid, exc.

Scum:

(Oddly most of these are large)

Guri's Stinger

Skipray Blastboat

R-41

Dunelizard and the other wied ships from SWG

Jabba's Star Cruiser (huge)

YT-2000

Ok so we have a bit of a problem when it comes to the Rebel ships. Perhaps we will have a lot of new canon ships in The Rebels cartoon and the movies, especially Rogue One. It looks like maybe one small Rebel ship per wave now, or alternating small and large every wave. Scum is almost caught up.

I'm sure FFG could create some truly awesome small base Rebel ships, right?

I'm sure I forgot some ships for the Rebs so please chime in on what needs to be done to keep this game going for th next 20 years (besides starting Tipperarys prequel core and expansions, which would be a great way to sustain following all the ST material that's gonna be taking over next year and into the 2020s).

With a new movie each year and an on-going tv show I don't think we'll run out of ships.

Plus there are multiple comics being developed.

And computer games.

There is even the EU and prequel stuff that could be included.

FFG have shown that they are able to create their own ships.

New Imp ships are unbelievably easy to include since TIE variants are so common. New rebel ships just don't seem to be more than a mod of an existing ship unless it's a completely different ship altogether. There's plenty of X-wing variants as well as Y-wing and even B-wing, but even when they are signicanly different in design they just mod or title cards. I think the only reason the T-70 got a different model is that it's in a new movie. I would love to see a Longprobe Y and definately the BTL-B but I doubt we will. Here's hoping for an aces pack that actually has me X-wing models and not just recolors.

Once the Wave of new Star Wars movies hits, you might as well establish a standing money transfer order with FFG.

Not concerned at all about lack of future content, rather that it could become too much eventually...

Once the Wave of new Star Wars movies hits, you might as well establish a standing money transfer order with FFG.

Not concerned at all about lack of future content, rather that it could become too much eventually...

New movies every year, but how many of them will feature brand new fighters? ESB, for instance, only had the TIE Bomber and Slave 1 as a new ship that fits into the scale and scope of our game. (Fine. I'll also grant the GR-75.)

Fortunately Jedi had 4 new ships for us. :D (ok, technically the Labda had been retroactively added to the previous movies. And if you squint hard enough, you can see the Outrider has also been retroactively added to Eps 4 and 6)

I would not be at all surprised if Rogue One gives us some new Y-Wing pilots, but no new actual fighters.

Granted: my hope is that Rogue One shows the characters walking through a hanger of never-before-seen star fighters before they decide on the trusty old Y-Wing as their weapon of choice. But one movie a year that might give us an average of 3 new ships will make things a bit thin going forward.

New movies every year, but how many of them will feature brand new fighters? ESB, for instance, only had the TIE Bomber and Slave 1 as a new ship that fits into the scale and scope of our game. (Fine. I'll also grant the GR-75.)

Fortunately Jedi had 4 new ships for us. :D (ok, technically the Labda had been retroactively added to the previous movies. And if you squint hard enough, you can see the Outrider has also been retroactively added to Eps 4 and 6)

I would not be at all surprised if Rogue One gives us some new Y-Wing pilots, but no new actual fighters.

Granted: my hope is that Rogue One shows the characters walking through a hanger of never-before-seen star fighters before they decide on the trusty old Y-Wing as their weapon of choice. But one movie a year that might give us an average of 3 new ships will make things a bit thin going forward.

I personally wouldn't mind slowing down a bit at all, 3-4 new ships per year/movie, seems digestible, however there are other possible sources (Rebels TV Show) and FFG is perfectly willing and able to or create their own stuff.

It's still a lot - specially since there is no end in sight...

I'd be happy with less obscure old EU ships and more canon ships, even if that means less releases per year. The game shouldn't try to continue releasing more and more ships with no intention of slowing down. The game will become hard for the FLGS to keep in stock, inaccessible for new players, and bloated with new rules, pilots abilities and upgrades, losing the (very important) Star Wars feel that it has.

I think their best bet is to slow down, and stick to ships shown in the movies and that are from popular non-movie canon (like the Ghost, the Inquisitors TIE, etc)

I'd be happy with less obscure old EU ships and more canon ships, even if that means less releases per year. The game shouldn't try to continue releasing more and more ships with no intention of slowing down. The game will become hard for the FLGS to keep in stock, inaccessible for new players, and bloated with new rules, pilots abilities and upgrades, losing the (very important) Star Wars feel that it has.

I think their best bet is to slow down, and stick to ships shown in the movies and that are from popular non-movie canon (like the Ghost, the Inquisitors TIE, etc)

iw2xnKh.jpg

Must we get the same thread every wave?

TIE Avenger

Assault Gunboat

Handful of other TIE variants

Episode 7 ships

T-Wing and H-Wing I wouldn't mind either.

There is plenty of room for new ships. I'm surprised no standard legal ships have made use of the energy mechanic or other various epic only game play elements.

If you've ever played Starcraft, there was a building for the Protoss faction called the Shield Battery. Each Protoss unit had a certain amount of regenerating shields over its normal health. The Shield Battery was like this too except it could transfer shielding it had banked up to other Protoss units. It would be cool if a faction, say, Imperials got a small based support ship that used the energy mechanic and could trade in energy to heal up another friendly units' shields, or if it did not have shields, buff it with a +1 shield 'overcharge'.

It's kind of irritating how the regeneration mechanics in this game can be done with only one ship and don't require outside help. In Team Fortress 2 most classes can't heal themselves without a Medic and have to jump through hoops to do so. Medic without another Medic has to wait for his health to slowly regen, Engineer has to build a structure and wait for it to finish building, Scout has to paint a target with milk and do damage to it, Heavy has to stop and eat a Sandvich. So most of the healing has to be done by a specialized unit and not by an upgrade that rewarded you for doing something you were going to do anyways, like 1 green bank or 2 green bank + boost away.

I'd like to see regen for Imperials happen that way, as opposed to some Imperial equivalent of the R2-D2 card that ends up being powerful and viable on a handful of things and game breaking on one thing (Corran).

I would love for energy rules for standard to be in the mythical 2.0 rules. Regenerating Defenders and Gunboats as well as increasing attack dice would be awesome, like watching polygons blow each other up 20 years ago.

iw2xnKh.jpg

Must we get the same thread every wave?

:rolleyes:

Congratulations on your rapier wit.

So long as there is interest and people willing to give FFG money there will new ships. Look at the Raider where they needed a ship to fit the game they made one up. New movies, books, games and comics mean lots of new ships.

People are more likely to get bored of x-wing before they run out of ships to sell us and I don't see myself getting bored of it anytime soon.