Sign in to follow this  
evanger

X-Wing Direction

More draconian business practices.

The new damage deck is REQUIRED on 1/1/16.  So everyone that doesn't want to buy a new core set, stuff it up your piehole.

Well, aren't you a special snowflake.  It's only required for tournament play.  If you don't do tournaments, you're totally welcome to not use it.  And FFG is well within their rights to make that requirement, just so everyone's on the same page.

The new damage deck is REQUIRED on 1/1/16.  So everyone that doesn't want to buy a new core set, stuff it up your piehole.

Anyone who doesn't buy a new core set but does want to play tournament X-wing in the future--and let's set aside any discussion of how many people actually fit into that group--has more than three months to either:

(A) Save $40 (or the regional MSRP) to spend on the core set. Tournament games in general have a higher buy-in than casual games; FFG seems to be okay with that model for X-wing.

(B) Find a friend that's willing to sell a damage deck, lend it out, or give it away. Since there are lots of people who have already purchased multiple Force Awakens core sets, and there's no real advantage to having multiples, this shouldn't be very hard to do. 

© Get online and find someone who's willing to trade or sell a damage deck. See above for reasons this won't be very difficult.

Or, more than likely, purchace a damage deck in a blister pack.

Or, more than likely, purchace a damage deck in a blister pack.

Easy. Isnt FFG Worlds in November!? Ask them at that time if theyre wiling to sell the new damage deck in a blister pack...

As for the main thread topic what exactly did you expect them to do just pretend like a whole new movie trilogy wasn't a thing? New damage deck is a welcome relief and they've already introduced new obeticals in the form of the debris clouds in the decimator and yt2400. I don't get how having new asteroids is somehow the end of the world but the introduction of debris fields is fine? It's just more obeticals and now you can choose which 3 you want to bring so it's not like they are required.

I would think they'd add new material from the new movie(s), but keep all packaging etc the same. Just as I posted.

Good point on the debris.

DOOOOOOOOOM   DOOOOOOM

J. J. Abrahms is going to create a disturbance in the force that implodes the entire galaxy rebooting the franchise into a single lenses flare.

I give you....

Age of...

Star Trek Warhammers

age_of_star_trek_wars.jpg

​complete with lenses flare :P 

This is what I fear.

A bit.

I'd probably just ignore it and keep reading the "Legends" stuff.

I think the extra direction is because the intent is to eventually split the Resistance and First Order away from the Rebels and Empire respectively.

Did you...read the new rulebook that explicitly counters this?

For now.

Why are they even separate icons and names?

It's a broader question, of course, related to the movie and whether or not it is the same time period.

Disney says yes, of course.

See E-wing and K-wing. New Republic vessels without a New Republic faction.

I think the extra direction is because the intent is to eventually split the Resistance and First Order away from the Rebels and Empire respectively.

For now.

It's a broader question, of course, related to the movie and whether or not it is the same time period.

o_0

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/16/there-has-been-an-awakening/

For now.

o_0

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/16/there-has-been-an-awakening/

What is your comment?

We've all known Resistance kinda equals (and can work with) Rebels and First Order kinda equals (and can work with) Imperials for quite some time.

This thread is not a discussion. You are going to remain entrenched in your position and we will be unable to convince you otherwise. we will remain entrenched in our position and nothing you say will convince us your opinion is fact. All that's going to happen here is you are going to refute everything we say, and other people are going refute and disagree with you. I think we can all save ourselves a lot of time by just acknowledging that and moving on. I don't say this to be malicious, but absolutely nothing has happened in 4 pages of back and forth arguing. 

This thread is not a discussion. You are going to remain entrenched in your position and we will be unable to convince you otherwise. we will remain entrenched in our position and nothing you say will convince us your opinion is fact. All that's going to happen here is you are going to refute everything we say, and other people are going refute and disagree with you. I think we can all save ourselves a lot of time by just acknowledging that and moving on. I don't say this to be malicious, but absolutely nothing has happened in 4 pages of back and forth arguing. 

I know, right? The nerve of some people wanting to discuss a game on the official message board of the game?

Welcome to the internet mate.

They probably had no real choice Disney wants tfa stuff out there and ffg needs the license, it would of been preferable to divide the era's but it'll be a long time before there's enough new ships to make that viable.

I doubt FFG had to be forced to include stuff from the new movie. Episode 7 models are bound to be more profitable than obscure old EU ships. 

DOOOOOOOOOM   DOOOOOOM

J. J. Abrahms is going to create a disturbance in the force that implodes the entire galaxy rebooting the franchise into a single lenses flare.

I give you....

Age of...

Star Trek Warhammers

To+start+understand+the+difference+betwe

Yup, that about sums it up :P

DOOOOOOOOOM   DOOOOOOM

I give you....

Age of...

Star Trek Warhammers

To+start+understand+the+difference+betwe

Yup, that about sums it up :P

I can actually make that battle happen on my table... except for the gw 40k stuff.

:P

You're being a bit ridiculous with your reasoning and reaction to how FFG has done things. Their reasons for all of their game change and addition choices are obvious and make sense from their point of view.

Right on... and from our point of view it is great... mostly. Like 95% great.

The other tiny 5% I think we can house rule up a few fun little fixes and such.

;)

Now I don't have to read the whole tread, thank you!