Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

[PbP] Heirs to the Legacy IC

Recommended Posts

Marsten steps close to the front door after catching all the signals of a commotion outside. Hearing Kell's transmission and the dealings wrapping up inside, he leaves the building by the front door with no pleasantries or formal dismissal. Once outside, Marsten barks at Hal. "HAL!" he said sharply. "What the hell are you doing!? I wanted you out back. You stick out like a rampaging rancor out here." He said with a pause before adding. "And quit pointing that gun at civilians!"

 

As Marten surveys the area to see the damage H4L has done, he mutters just low enough for H4L to hear him. "Keep this up and I'll have to re-program you with a Protocol routine." Looking to emphasize H4L's lack of tact on this subject.

 

Status: -1 Strain Threshold (Obligation)

 

Not looking to add anything more to the Perception check with my actions than already have. More of adding to the scene and focused on H4L's actions. But if something is spotted, would like for Marsten to notice it without having to be notified first.

Edited by ApocalypseZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lavin, whispering:

 

<Okay, someone go out and find out what the hell is happening there while the rest of us try to end up this job well, for once in a lifetime>

As Dev'rios had mostly been just an observer so far, he nodded and quietly slipped out to check on Kell and H4L. Diplomatic things had never really been his glass of Corellian Whiskey anyway, unless they served it that is. He was more the active type but the last few days had shown him that he really needed to focus on his personal interaction skills if he was going to be of any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At that moment, H4L thought to look up in the sky. In a rather human gesture, he nudged Kell, who also looked up. A ship was coming down, fast, and as it approached they began to hear its repulsors firing to slow down its descent. It was coming down right on top of them: the Order. It had found them, and it knew precisely where they were meeting. The others, especially those inside, had no idea that the Order would be crashing their party within seconds. What if they'd brought Knights with them? The Anselmi will be massacred. 

 

What would you gentlebeings like to do with the Triumph? I'll hold the Threat until you say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H4L turns on Marsten as the ship decends. The gun is now levelled squarely at his chest. An angry red warning light is flashing on H4l's shoulder.

 

"*static hiss* Do I *beep* look *beep* like a faulty actuator to you? Threaten to come near my core programming again and we'll see how *beep* you *beep* react to someone sticking an implement in your central thought processor."

 

The battle droid turns it's head skyward, and the flashing red light flicks to a happy constant green.

 

"*bingbingbingbing* Now we're talking binary. Get those biologicals somewhere they can keep their squishy heads down. Let's see how long we can hold these creeps here. I'm sure I can organise a very *bing* special *bing* surprise for them."

 

H4L then looks for the best cover position the set itself up as a firebase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Destiny Point/Triumph combo suggested in the OOC thread is amenable to you fine folks, go ahead and roll me up some initiative checks! Thanks to the success of the Perception check, you may choose the skill you wish to roll: Cool (-) or Vigilance (-). 

 

However, Threat exists to make your lives just a little more miserable. Please add a single Setback 4QnFeTq.png to your initiative checks, as you are busy making sure that the Anselmi leadership is safely away from the descending forces of Order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<[comm]: Hey guys, what's going on out there? Listen, could any of you get to the ship and transmit all that has been talked here? I must finish my schnapps with the elders...>

 

 

-Right, so... let us, I don't know... do a toast? For freedom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kell steps back, ignoring the quarreling droid and Gank standing next to him, his eyes locked on the descending shuttle. A thousand thoughts rush through his head as he stands frozen in place for a moment, the chances of Knights being on that shuttle were extremely high and if that was the case the Anselmi inside the tavern were doomed. Snapping into action, he brought his comm back up:

 

"<Lavin, Tahiri, we have company. An Order shuttle is coming down right on top of us. We need to get the elders out of here and do it quietly, across the street out back there is an abandoned warehouse, inside of it is a grate that leads down into the sewers, if they leave now they should be able to get away. Then if you would be so kind as to join us outside>"

 

(Using the triumph and flipping a D-point to let the Anselmi get away cleanly)

 

Kell glances around trying to determine the best landing area for the shuttle, they would have to set down in an area large enough for the shuttle. Crossing the street to set up a crossfire with Hal, he crouches down behind a parked landspeeder, pressing his back against the hull plating and taking a deep breath, closing his eyes and breathing out slowly he gathers the Force to him, letting it flow through him.

 

(Committing my force die to my Enhance:Control to increase my Agl to 5)

 

Street Fight Initiative: 2eA+1eP+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-a.pnga--.pngp-tr.pngs--.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a-a-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-s.pnga-s-s.pngb-s-a.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds.png

 

Won't spend any strain or dark pips, not worthy.

 

-Okay, my dear friends... Someone's paying us a visit, so I think I should escort you to security. After all, we agreed to protect you. Rest assured the issue will be dealt with in no time. Please follow me.

Edited by Jereru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Initiative: 2eP+1eA 0 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-a.png
 
Status: -1 Strain (Rapid Reaction), -1 Strain Threshold (Obligation) (Strain Total: 10/12[13])
 
Activating Rapid Reaction. Look at all those advantages! .....

 

 

Nice :) Can you also please roll a single Setback die. (There's no such thing as negative Success, so if you come up with Failure, you can take back your Rapid Reaction to save yourself the strain)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Lavin, You help get the Elders to the safe zone, I will meet Kell out front. He sounds like he needs some help."

 

Tahiri pulls out his lightsabers in hand (not yet igniting them) and exits the main entrance immediately looking in the direction he remembers Kell being when it was time to go inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Copy that.

 

Lavin proceeds to lead the Anselmi through where Kell said before. Helping them to a safe zone, that's his contribution to the mission. However, he wonders if there would be another safe place from where the Anselmi could witness the incoming battle - eager to show these elders how we kick some Order's as*es...

 

Maybe a Vigilance roll to try to remember? Idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The large, sleek landing craft whined down over the decrepit tavern, and three large figures leapt down from the ship to thud into the ground, feet-first, standing tall, dark, and imposing. Black metal gleamed from every surface of their alloy plating, their shields, and from their integrated vibroblades. They were the Dark Knights, the Order's "peacekeeping" droids.

 

The starship maintained its hovering position, underbelly cannons tracking for potential hostiles. 

 

One of the droids spoke, its booming vocabulators lighting up blue as it did so. "Enemies of the Order, you are under arrest. Surrender your weapons and implements now." 

 

These droids are at short range from those outside the building and from each other. They have Adversary 1, Defense 2, and a heck of a lot of armor. 

 

The ship, which is at medium range from the building, has other troops aboard, but they will likely be taking the "safer" way down, being a bit "squishier" than the droids down on ground level. The ship has a defense rating of 3 if you are serious about attacking it, but none of your weapons can really damage it. 

 

It'll take a maneuver to enter or exit the building via the front door. The apartment leads only to the secret passage you had set up prior to this encounter.  

 

The order: 

PC
NPC
PC
PC
PC
PC
NPC
PC
NPC
NPC

 

First PC! Marsten was saying something about going, if someone wanted to take control...? Or surrender, or whatever...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marsten idly saunters towards the trio of battle droids, hands raised.

 

"Certainly, allow me to turn over my weapons in the safest way possible..."

 

The pistols seem to appear in his hands without any indication of his having reached for them.

 

"One laser bolt at a time." He grins.

 

Both weapons light up with fire as he fires round after round into the first droid.

 

Attacking all guns blazing!!!: 1eA+2eP+2eB+1eC+1eS 1 success, 3 advantage
a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a.pngb-a.pngb--.pngc--.pngs-th.png

 

+2 advantages for his traits comes to... 5 advantages? What does that get me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It costs you 2 Adv to activate his second weapon, leaving you with three, which you can activate 2 crits because you hit twice, and bump one of those up by another +10 with your last advantage, or you can recover a strain, or give a boost dice to the next PC. So 9 damage from each gun and then whatever you want to spend the advantage on.

Edited by BigSpoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It costs you 1 Adv to activate his second weapon, leaving you with six, which you can activate 2 crits for one Adv each because you hit twice, and you still have 4 advantages, counting the second pistol's Superior+Bantha's Eye.

 

This. I said it was gonna be hella nasty.

Edited by Jereru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...