Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

[PbP] Heirs to the Legacy IC

Recommended Posts

Destiny Point Pool Roll:

Force Die: 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

 

Kell sat back, listening carefully to Gael's proposition, as well as Marsten's and Lavin's responses to it. His black eyes glancing back and forth between speakers, thinking about how and what he wants to say.

 

"Hal will probably side with Marsten, If Lavin is in favor and I am opposed, that means Tahiri is the deciding factor, unless Hal decides to surprise me. I know they want to rescue Dev badly, and so would I, but the captain is right."

 

Uncrossing his arms from his chest and leaning forward, resting his forearms on the edge of the table, he interjected into a lull in the conversation.

 

"I feel like I should point out even if we do find him, and I'm not saying that'll be easy, the likelihood that we mount a rescue mission, succeed and all come back in one piece is very, very, -very- slim. On top of all that, we'd have to keep it a secret from the rest of the crew, the captain finds out and at best we're all grounded."

 

The Nautolan shook his head, lekku swinging slightly as he does.

 

"I just don't think its a good idea Gael, as much as well all would like it to happen."

 

He winced slightly, sliding a hand under his jacket to check the bandage on one of his wounds.

 

"Gonna have to get these changed soon, maybe take a dunk in bacta for a few hours"

 

(Picked up a 2nd rank in Parry and Saber Swarm with my XP)

Edited by BigSpoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there's the opposition, Gael thought. Even if I really want to mount this rescue mission, I don't want to do it at the expense of more companions. Gael didn't like to admit it, but Kell had a good point. This mission was basically a suicide one, and unless they could create a brilliant plan worthy of the legendary strategist Ackbar, this would likely cause more losses to the Resistance than boons.

 

"I..." The confidence that had filled Gael just before had vanished in its entirety. "I just don't want to have to keep giving up hope. Is that too much to ask?" ​Great line, Gael. You are totally not going to be made fun of for that. That had to be the cheesiest line that he had ever spoken. Still, it was the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H4L has been charging itself morosely in a nearby input while this has been going on.

 

Gael's words strike a peculiar cord with it. It clanks over to the squashbag.

 

There's a difference between a hope and a chance. Don't go chasing hoep without a chance. Breee...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... 

 

"You all make very good points. I would still rather go after him than not, but that's not up to me. It depends on the vote. Say "yay" if you are in support of going after Dev. Say "nay" if you are against the thought of such a thing."

 

Well, it was now up to chance. It was difficult not having full control over his own decisions, but Gael tried to push it out of his mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tahiri was surprised and pleased with the attitude of some to "want" to help but he knew attempting anything without a plan is just ridiculous. Tahiri knew he was still hurting from his previous battle and wanted to restock some supplies before heading into the med bay for a little bit.

 

"Where would we even start? That is my concern. We can say we think it is important to go after him and we are 'tired' of giving up but what exactly is the plan? I will be honest, without a plan, I have to say no. We can't just fly right at some random spacecraft, hoping it has some information and press on. If you give me a solid plan, I will gladly accompany you in some attempt and we could even likely convince brass to even allow it. You know I would love to see Dev'rios again but we need a plan or we will see him soon because we are all captured and that doesn't sound like a productive use of our time."

 

"What I need to do now before we start anything is restock some stim packs for the future and get a little rest in the med bay. I'm going to go restock and make my way to medbay. If someone has a good plan in place at that point, let me know and I will help all I can."

 

Tahiri waits a moment for any responses...

 

(I will wait to make my skill check for a second to see if there is any crucial dialogue I should be a part of).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You're completely right about that Tahiri. I honestly don't know since we don't have much intel on Ord Vaxal. To make a reliable plan some kind of information about the enemy is needed. Hal, can you get into the Resistance archives and see if there are any useful info on Ord Vaxal? I really want this to work. If you want I can try and help, though I have to be honest I have never gotten a formal education. Punching in commands has always been difficult for me when I can't even read the words on the screen."
 

Despite some resistance (heh, get it?) the thought of a rogue mission was being taken very well by the group. It was good to know that Gael could still rely on some people in this galaxy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You know how I feel, but should you come up with a -viable- plan, I'll consider it. In the mean time, I am going to head down to med-bay and get patched up"

 

Kell pushed his chair back from the table and rose, nodding to the group before exiting the cafe and heading out into the corridors of the ship. He walked with a slight limp on his right side, though bandaged his wounds from the fight were still hampering him slightly. When he arrived in the Med-Bay, the 2-3B Medical droid looked him over for all of ten seconds before demanding he take a bacta soak.

 

With a sigh Kell stripped off his armor and peeled off his bandages as the droid attached the necessary electrodes and the breathing apparatus, while he might be able to breath underwater, he couldn't breath bacta. The Nautolan climbed into the tank, standing in place as the tank slowly filled, shivering slightly as he felt the cold, wet, slightly slimy feel of the bacta work its way up until the entire tank was full and he was floating in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H4L beeps morosely. It hangs it's head unit then straightens a little.

 

If they have been taken, we would have to rescue them soon, as in, we'd have to start packing for an adventure *BEEP* now *BEEP* Every hour goes by, is an hour they can get him closer to a properly secure location.

 

The head unit ***** a little further to side after saying this.

 

*BING* Of course, we should also assume that anything inside his squashy lump of pudding you call a central processor will be in their possession within about...BREEEEEE...PING 24 hours. Which would probably include this location.

 

*PING*

 

24 hours *BIP-BIP-BIP* If we're lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-If you guys can think of something reasonable, I'll be willing to talk the captain into it. Even if it's just reconnaissance. I'm not sure if we can help Dev out of this, but every bit of info we get will be helpful in the future. Maybe next one is anyone of us, and maybe Dev's fate could be turned out to be useful. But I'm not really the tactical brain here, so I'm asking you to think of something. What do you say? Aren't we all in this Resistance ship together? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My roll to find some stimpacks on board

2eA: 3 successes [2eA=S/S, S]
a-s-s.pnga-s.png

http://orokos.com/roll/381000

 

"I feel the same way Kell. I need to head to the med bay with you. The med-bay usually has several stimpacks I can stock up on as well."

 

Tahiri walked with Kell to the med bay. The medical droid insisted that Kell sit in the bacta tank for a couple hours. Tahiri spoke with the droid for a moment while Kell removed his armor.

 

"Do you have any stimpacks in stock? I really need to pick three up from you."

 

"I have plenty with me today. Here are the three you requested. Would you mind providing 75 credits so I may restock them for later?" the droid replied.

 

Tahiri provided the 75 credits. He hoped it would help the stock to remain strong so he would always have a place to find some.

 

"I think you may need to take a turn in the bacta tank after Kell Sir but let me see what I can do for now. There are some spare beds to the side where you can rest for now and I can inform you when the bacta tank is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My roll to find some stimpacks on board

2eA: 3 successes [2eA=S/S, S]

a-s-s.pnga-s.png

http://orokos.com/roll/381000

 

 

The droid was about to input the funds, when he noted: "Ah! It looks like I can provide these for a small discount. 68 credits will do fine.

 

"If you would like, I can tend to your injuries while you wait for your turn in the tank." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marsten spent his time enjoying the comforts of the ship, but not getting used to it. He kept himself grounded knowing soon he'd be backin the thick of things. The only question on his mind was "What's coming next?" He was unsure if an Order Prison Break was in his future or shoring up the Resistance's resources was in his future. 

 

 

Status: Wounds (0/12), Strain  (0/14)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kell groggily opened his eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the bright lights of the infirmary. He'd fallen asleep while floating in the bacta tank, now he stood in a mostly drained tank with the 2-3B unit inquiring if he was fully healed.

"Healed enough for now, thanks."

Kell stretched, testing his muscles and finding that indeed most of his scrapes, cuts and bruises from the fight had healed up, he was still a little stiff, but it would do for now. He nodded to Tahiri and then left the med-bay returning to his room. He sat on his bunk, legs folded underneath him and lightsaber in his lap, closing his eyes, he entered a meditative state. Reaching out with his mind he lifted his lightsaber into the air in front of him, visualizing taking the saber apart, until it was in its components parts with the gem as the epicenter.

(Modification to reduce the crystals crit rating by 1, gonna us a tasty destiny point since I realized I suck at mechanics)

Crystal Mod: 1eP+1eA+1eD 0 successes

p-s.pnga--.pngd-f.png

(Jereru and force die to the rescue)

Force die for mod: 1eF 2 Light Side

f-ls-ls.png

Edited by BigSpoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon entering the Corellian System, the battle-hardened Wookiee Captain, Arrayyyk, called the heroes into the conference area and briefed them in his typical, short fashion.  

 

<This operation will be as sensitive as the one you just carried out,> he told them. He motioned towards their Sullustan compatriot, and said, <Gragg will take you down to Talus in a shuttle, in order to extract a piece of intel from a dead drop. It is imperative that this dead drop location remain a secret for the time being, so the pickup will need to be as inconspicuous as possible.

 

<After you obtain the intelligence, you are to stay planetside, decrypt the intel, and relay the information to me for further instructions. I will return to low orbit in a standard hour to establish a comlink connection.

 

<Talus is crawling with spies of the Order, even though it is technically a neutral world. Do not reveal your loyalties to the Resistance under any circumstances.>

 

He paused for questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gael thought it might be best to ask something to be polite. He was never exactly on good terms with the captain, even when he had first arrived in the Resistance. But when he asked the question, he couldn't help but let something slip out.

 

"And what exactly is our standing with people of Talus, captain?" Why, oh why didn't he keep his mouth shut? He winced and bit his lip, ready for another reprimanding for obvious emphasis on his opinion about the captain's position.

 

His opinion on the matter was well known amongst his friends, and the captain definitely had an inkling of why: Gael believed deep within that the captain did not take enough risks. How was the Resistance ever going win this war if they kept playing everything safe?

Edited by maverikid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Talus is officially neutral. However, we don't currently have any Resistance cells operating on the twin worlds, so I don't have any current data to give you on the ground situation. This is even more reason to keep your affiliation a secret—we don't know what the attitude is like down there. Some may be eager to turn you over to agents of the Order, and others might be willing to offer you a place to stay and a hot meal to eat. We just don't know.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marsten sat quietly until the Captain answered Gael's question. "We get to go in blind and make the best of it. Sounds like our standard operating procedure." He paused for a moment to look about the room.  "We need to go in quiet, with some sort of cover; like a delivery. Maybe even split up. Smaller group brings less attention," He said with the last words trailing. "and liability."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He means them, Gael thought. "No unnecessary risks" was probably a snide at Gael's attitude. Gael shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He hated all this military BS, as if the Order really took them seriously. Plus the fact that they could be planning on how to save Dev'rios, but instead they were trying to find some intel. Why would this dead drop be any different from the rest? Gael looked over the rest of his squad's faces. Seeing the determination in Lavin's face, and the serious gaze Kell gave the captain, Gael decided to put his lust for action on a leash. It wouldn't do him or anyone else any good if he decided to pick a fight.

 

Are we moving on, guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<There is one more thing,> Arrayyyk grunted. <Your weapons. You'll have to leave the big ones behind. Anything that can't be concealed on your body will light up their scanners like Life Day. And heavy arms are not welcome on the Twin Worlds.> 

 

Any weapons of Encumbrance 1 or lighter can be taken no problem. If you wish to bring anything larger, you risk blowing your cover. Not being allowed on Talus would be a best-case scenario at that point. Feel free to get creative...but not too creative...

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...