Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

[PbP] Heirs to the Legacy IC

Recommended Posts

Heirs to the Legacy
Episode I: A Rising Light


It is a time of oppression.

The Order, dedicated to wiping

out all memory of the ancient Jedi Knights,

controls the entire galaxy through fear—fear of

their massive battle station, the dreaded Death Star.


In nearly 300 years, the Death Star has destroyed many worlds,

and cowed thousands more. Rebellions are crushed before they  begin,

and resistance is known by many to be a hopeless gesture.


But the Order does not reign unopposed. The recent eradication of the planet

Mon Cala has struck the heart of the galaxy, ignited a fervor in freedom fighters and

sparking secret meetings across the far-flung stars.  Even now, the Order has sent its dark

Knights to the watery world of Glee Anselm in an attempt to ferret out an underground cabal

of freedom fighters, rumored to be harboring criminals and Jedi…

 

---

 

newspic-45390-thumb.jpg

 

 

Glee Anslem quietly stood alone among the stars, blue-and-white marbled over a small amount of green.
A ship suddently pierced the tranquility; sleek, dark gray, and foreboding. The destination of the shuttle seemed to be a thin archipellago along the equator of the planet...


-Screen wipe-

The mission had been simple:

  • go to Glee Anselm
  • get the support of local Anselmi leadership
  • report back to HQ

In practice, however, it was proving to be rather difficult. As Kell had predicted, the Anselmi did not appreciate a Nautolan being sent by the Resistance, so Kell was now standing outside the derelict tavern, waiting among the rubble while his friends conducted the meeting without him. He kept Master Kayotoo’s recent words in mind as he sat: “Do not seek to interpose yourself as the answer to all problems. Trust the Force.”

 

Kell's Duty (Ground Victory) has been activated. Please raise Kell's Wound Threshold by 4 and Lavin's by 2, until the next round of Destiny Point rolls. 

 

-

Inside the building, many Anselmi leaders were gathered together with a cyborg, a droid, and three beings wearing lightsabers on their belts. The eldest of the Anselmi spoke: “You must understand our customs. We have learned from centuries of conflict that decisions must be weighed carefully, examined, thought through. You do not know what you ask of us in joining your Resistance...it could be the end of life as we know it.”

OOC: You now have the opportunity to take an action. You may narrate an attempt at something, or simply ask for any difficulties before making your skill check and narrate the results after performing the check.

The main group is in an abandoned tavern, which is basically one large room. There is broken glass on the cracked duracrete floor, and where the walls haven’t been gutted there are interesting-looking, moist growths on the walls. The bar may or may not have any drinks left anywhere on its shelves or under its countertop. The windows are boarded up. There is a door to the basement nearby, which looked clean at an earlier sweep, as well as a front and back door to the tavern, both closed but unlocked. The back door leads to an also-abandoned apartment, its general state worse than the tavern itself. When the party had arrived, they vetoed the apartment as a meeting place for potential biohazard reasons alone.

The ceiling of the tavern is high, supported by a few beams in the center of the large room, and in one corner there is a raised platform that might’ve served a a stage. There are a few tables and chairs in various states of disrepair, but they are functional enough to allow the majority of those inside to sit down.


-

Kell is outside the front door, looking out at an oddly-shaped street corner strewn with detritus. Across the way is a ramshackle old convenience store, with a sign in Anselmian that reads, “The Seaview Market.” The sky is scattered with clouds, and other than the angst-filled job that you are trying to complete, it seems like a nice day.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lavin takes one moment to consider his words carefully:

 

-Of course, elder, this is a very important decision which you mustn't take lightly. You might be right in saying we don't know what we're asking you, but I really mean it when I say "show us". In my humble understanding, you, among many other people, know what's like to fight for freedom and survival. We want freedom for everyone. We want freedom for you. You will surely appreciate this freedom, and you would know better than anyone how to make other people appreciate it as well. The Order has been oppressing us for too long, and it's time we forget our quarries and unite. We want to help you all, and in order to do that, we need to understand you. Show us your ways, please, so we can offer you the help you need, the same way I'm showing you our ways so as to ask you for help.

 

Lavin looks at the Anselmis' eyes, and also turns his head to check if his companions want to add anything.

 

So, mostly a poor attempt at an inspirational speech, but hey...  Now let's see if the elder has anything nice for an answer...

Edited by Jereru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, mostly a poor attempt at an inspirational speech, but hey...  Lavin looks at the Anselmis' eyes, and also turns his head to check if his companions want to add anything. Now let's see if the elder has anything nice for an answer...

 

Your Duty is high, so it'll be much easier going for you. The elder has heard of your exploits for the Resistance, and he knows you aren't just blowing a lot of hot air. 

 

Please make a an Opposed vAUuWiq.pngvAUuWiq.png Leadership check (the difficulty has been lowered thanks to your high Duty), and include a Boost wkeh8HR.png for appealing so well to "freedom."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Lavin talks with the Elder, Marsten pokes around the old place. He's on edge, which isn't unusual for him, but this place just didn't feel right; the options for this meet just seem horrible. "Then again, it's not an open field." He thought. Pulling him Commlink to his mouth, he queued up Kell. <"Hey, keep your eyes, and whatever else you can use, open. I got a bad feeling about this place.">

 

As he poked about, he came past the backdoor. He stared at it for a second, then motioned with his right hand to H4L; first his hands at his eyes, then to H4L, finally to the door. He didn't speak to interrupt the dealings of Lavin. However, when Lavin paused to look to him for any comments, Marsten didn't hold back.

 

"Look, I'm more of a 'die on my feet, live on my knees' kind of guy. You have your ways, and I'll respect them. The Order won't. And they ain't gonna give you a lick of time to think about it either. When they come here, they'll come hard. They won't care about your customs or ways or freedoms. They'll grind you into the dirt, steal what they want, then move on." He stopped for a moment to let the gravity of his words sink in. "What we're trying to do is put an end to that, and we can't do that with just a handful of people and hope. We need your people's support." He added, trying his best not to come off too rough with the Elder, but not holding back his experiences with the Order either.

 

Status: -1 Strain Threshold (Obligation)

Edited by ApocalypseZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H4L looks around, scanning the organics. After a few seconds of this it spits out a line of code and goes clanking out the door to join the Jedi outside. It whistles grumpily. Stopping briefly to listen to Marsten.

 

When it comes outside it raises a hand to Kell.

 

"What's up squishy? Figured I would keep your sweaty cells company. Let me know if you sense a disturbance in the farce....beeeeep...force."

 

Then it tots it's massive laser rifle and starts scanning the area for trouble.

 

While it does this it keys up Marsten on it's comms.

 

<Very moving, flesh-sack, if I had tear ducts I'm sure they would short-circuiting. Keep me posted on how your little pow-wow goes. I'm no good to anyone in there unless they need an express trip into a million gorey pieces.>

 

Status: -2 Strain Threshold(Obligation)

Edited by Crazy Aido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tahiri maintains his initial position up against the wall. He stands at a stature suggesting his importance to the situation but will defer to others for the negotiations. "Politics..." he mumbles to himself. That is one of the reasons I left Naboo he reminds himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kell was nervous, perhaps it was being on ground rather than under the waves. Standing on the corner outside the tavern, he scanned the street, his large black eyes resting on the "Seaview Market" before continuing. He leaned back against the wall of the tavern, checking the power-pack on his rifle unseating and reseating it for about the fourteenth time since the meeting started. He flinched a little as his comm crackled to life

 

"<Hey, keep your eyes, and whatever else you can use, open. I got a bad feeling about this place.>"

 

Pulling his commlink from his belt to reply to the Gank <"You and me both Marsten, I'm on it"> re-attaching it to his belt, his hand brushed against his lightsaber hanging there to reassure himself it was still hanging where he left it. Taking a deep breath to calm his mind. Inhale, hold, exhale, repeat. His jitters faded and he found himself refocused, in time to hear H4L exit the building behind him. Nodding to the droid as it came up alongside him

 

"What's up squishy? Figured I would keep your sweaty cells company. Let me know if you sense a disturbance in the farce....beeeeep...force."

 

"All quiet so far Hal. Though if that changes I am sure you'll be all the happier for it." Kell smirked over at the droid one of his tattoed head-tails flicking in it's direction. "Watch the front, I'm going to do a quick patrol"

 

Kell pushed off the wall, hefting his blaster rifle, he strode off around the tavern, all his senses alert for anything out of place.

 

(Doing a Perception check for the surroundings of the tavern)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<"Circle round back Hal. That's where I need you at."> Marsten replied in his Commlink. <"Just remember we're tryyin' to keep a low profile. So don't look like guards out there. You know, act casual or something." He added with an uneasy tone, not know how the two of them would act.

 

Status: -1 Strain Threshold (Obligation)

Edited by ApocalypseZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kell may perform an Average (vAUuWiq.pngPZZOkjQ.png) Perception check to check the exterior. 

H4L may perform an Average (vAUuWiq.pngPZZOkjQ.png) Cool check to "act casual," with four setbacks 4QnFeTq.png4QnFeTq.png4QnFeTq.png4QnFeTq.png because he's a battle droid...

Both checks would have a Dark Side Destiny Point spent on them, accounting for the single Challenge Die.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Gain the elder's trust.: 1eA+2eP+1eB+2eF+2eC 1 success, 1 advantage, 2 Dark Side
a-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngb--.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngc-f.pngc-f-th.png
 
Won't use any dark pip, since the roll seems good enough. Just waiting for the elder to be a bit more open about their needs and desires.

 

 

"You speak of freedom as if you know our plight, outsider. But your point is well-made; the Order oppresses all. There is little land here on Glee Anselm, and many of our homes we had have been taken for government and military housing by our occupiers. 

 

"If you really want to help, there are vast camps of homeless Anselmi who desperately need the basics to survive...shelter, food, clean water. Your Resistance can start there, if you mean what you say. Our men are capable warriors, and our women are a proud workforce, but exposure and malnutrition bite all. Our children are especially susceptible, and we are losing our future generation to maladies that could be easily remedied, had we the resources. It is all that our militia can do to provide aid and comfort to the homeless among us."

 

You (Lavin) have gained a Boost die wkeh8HR.png to all your interactions with this group of Anselmi due to your offers of aid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H4L's processor calibrates "act casual" as "secure the perimeter". It's rifle makes an audible whining sound then begins to track back and forth, paying special attention to point the oversized weapon at small children and pregnant women. 

 

"Attention organ piles! This area is now secure, all are suspect, anyone demonstrating behaviour not deemed casual enough will be perforated with laser bolts. Remain casual. We're all cool here....beeeeeep...pretty fly...beeep...."

 

Oh sorry, linky for dice result... which should be pretty self explanatory...

 

c-f-th.pngd-f-f.pnga--.pngs--.pngs--.pngs-th.pngs-f.png

Edited by Crazy Aido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-If we consider ourselves brothers -says Lavin with a kind smile- How could we let our siblings starve?

 

Lavin accompanies his words with a direct, honest look and offering his hand to seal the deal.

 

-I think what you're asking for is reasonable. I'll pass on your terms and do everything in my hand to make this possible. I'm eager to be able to call you a brother.

 

Now Lavin is really wishing for the Resistance's HQs to agree with him... and some Order troops to show up to be made an example.

Edited by Jereru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H4L's processor calibrates "act casual" as "secure the perimeter". It's rifle makes an audible whining sound then begins to track back and forth, paying special attention to point the oversized weapon at small children and pregnant women. 

 

"Attention organ piles! This area is now secure, all are suspect, anyone demonstrating behaviour not deemed casual enough will be perforated with laser bolts. Remain casual. We're all cool here....beeeeeep...pretty fly...beeep...."

 

The passersby on the street gave H4L a wide berth, and some ran into nearby ramshackle dwellings, glancing back worriedly over their shoulders. One of the runners screamed as she did so. A small Anselmi child went up as if to touch H4L's weaponized chassis, but his mother pulled him away and swept him up as she hurried away from the battle droid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kell began his perimeter sweep, boots scuffing the cracked duracrete sidewalk as he slowly walks towards the back of the building. His head swivels left and right scanning the sparse crowd as he moves. Before he can round the corner to the back of the building, he hears a scream from behind him, spinning on his heel he runs back to the front of the building. To find Hal, barrels spinning, pointing his laser cannon at innocent passerby's.

 

"Hal! What the frell are you doing?"

 

(He Don't see Jack or ****)

 

Perimeter Sweep: 1eA+1eP+1eD+1eC 2 failures, 2 threat
a--.pngp--.pngd-f-th.pngc-f-th.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll pocket the Threat rolled for now, please continue the RP inside and outside :)

 

Feel free to respond to the developments. 

 

Another of the Anselmi leaders responded to Lavin, "We am not so slow as to not realize that you are seeking resources to bolster the Resistance, and that is your main goal in coming here. Can we trust that the Resistance will show compassion to our people here?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-How is that being "not slow"? We trying to recruit you for the Resistance is our main goal from the beginning, and we weren't hiding it. -Lavin protests.- I thought it was clear enough.

 

Lavin takes a second breath. Looks at his companions, looks at the Anselmi, checks the things are not escalating. Probably drinks something, if there's anything to drink.

 

-Listen, we're not trying to use you and discard you, if that's what you think. When I said we wanted to help, I was genuine. We desperately need allies to keep fighting the good fight, but we want to fight The Order, remember? -He tries to appear himself calmed, as the Resistance's respectability is being questioned.- We want the people in the Galaxy to be free, to have a choice of how to conduct their lives, to not be driven by any kind of opressing power, be it bullying, starvation or any other dependency. We need your help, and if you're hungry we'll feed you, and if you fall we'll offer our hand, because these are our ways. Any other way would be a treason to our fight, turning into something similar to The Order.

 

Pauses for a moment to let the listeners get the message.

 

-Sadly, we're no charity sisters. We cannot feed everyone who's hungry, or we wouldn't have the resources to keep on fighting. Because we're few. Our view is that victory is the best way to erradicate opression and famine. So yes, we will feed you because it will make us stronger in the fight. You benefit, we benefit, the whole Galaxy benefits. But we're not rich and we have a limit. I hope, now that it's clear, that you're not still thinking we're trying to trick you, because we're not.

 

Lavin is quite focused on this, so unless you say otherwise, I'm ignoring all what's happenning outside.

Edited by Jereru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My fellow speaks out of much hurt, and a well-placed fear of outsiders," the elder said to Lavin. "And I'm sure we all appreciate your reassurances.

 

"We understand, of course, that would be a reciprocal arrangement. My offer to the Resistance is that, for every refugee camp that is properly seen to, we will respond in kind by lending you the military assets overseeing that camp." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Fair enough. I'll see to it that  the Resistance takes care of your people the best we can.

 

Have we got any means of communicating with our superiors? If we don't, I'm thinking (or asking) about it right away - I want to pass them on the terms of the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Fair enough. I'll see to it that  the Resistance takes care of your people the best we can.

 

Have we got any means of communicating with our superiors? If we don't, I'm thinking (or asking) about it right away - I want to pass them on the terms of the deal.

 

You'll have to return to your ship in order to initiate communication via the Holonet. 

Edited by awayputurwpn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kell didn't wait for the droid to respond, pulling his commlink back from his belt, keying up a group frequency, and speaking into it as his dark eyes surveyed the crowd.

 

"<If you are finished in there, we should probably make our exit. Hal is making an impact on the local populace, and the less the civilians know, the less they can tell the Order if questioned.>"

 

Snapping his commlink back to his belt Kell returned his gaze to the crowd, watching them warily. The foreboding feeling he'd had at the start of the meeting returning swiftly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lavin whispers to his nearest colleague:

-Alright, so what now? I guess we finish the drinks and then go, right? I don't know much about this protocol things...

 

You may make an assisted Average (PZZOkjQ.pngPZZOkjQ.png) Knowledge (Education) check to determine the best way to end things. Tahiri's Intellect and Lavin's skill rank of 1 will comprise the rest of the dice pool, and either of you may roll it. Otherwise you're free to act as you see fit, but if you simply walk out of the building, your PC knows it will be a major diplomacy faux pas, on the level of simply breaking off the deal you just made.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lavin, whispering:

 

<Okay, someone go out and find out what the hell is happening there while the rest of us try to end up this job well, for once in a lifetime>

 

Now to the Anselmi: (Using a Destiny Point, we don't want to screw it now)

 

Getting things finished right: 1eA+2eP+2eD 3 successes
a-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.png
 
-I'm glad we reached an agrement. If you excuse us now, the sooner we talk to our people about it the sooner these refugees will get some food and shelter. Believe me, it's an honour to be on your side. We'll be back later in case you want to show us around and there's anything we can do before we leave.
Edited by Jereru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could I please have a combined, Assisted Perception check from H4L and Kell? (H4L would be contributing a Boost die, since Kell's skill & characteristic are both superior) The difficulty will be Hard, thanks to the Threat from earlier, and I'll spend a Destiny Point to upgrade it: vAUuWiq.pngPZZOkjQ.pngPZZOkjQ.png

 

Since Kell was looking for trouble, however, (thanks to Marsten's nerves) he gets an additional Boost die. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...