ArtanisNeravar

What do Gank look like?

I mentioned in another topic that I am working on a Gank character and I have been wondering: Is there an established canon for how they look under the armor? I looked through the wookiepedia episode and didn't find anything, but it's possible I missed it.

I thought they are a litte more human looking.

Or maybe a short furry version of the Defiance's Omec;

Fine. But where is the fur?... That being said, gave the jawa player in my game the power to describe how his character looked when he was unhooded by the other characters when he was knocked out.

I told him that they are said to be rat like or at least rodenty humanoids.. So he went for a hairless naked-rat.. Ok, that`s at least one type of jawa in our interpretation of the Galaxy now...

This is how I want them to look... so much so that I'm almost willing to ignore canon... almost.

Are there any real canon on how they look like under their suits?

Not "new" canon, but the "old" canon is what is in the LoNH sourcebook pretty much.

Here's what Wookieepedia has on their Legends marked page (no canon page for them yet, so they don't officially exist in hard-canon):

The Ganks were a sentient humanoid species of fur-covered carnivores. The typical member of the species had a face that was squared-off and yellow in color, the expression trapped in a perpetual snarl[1] that non-Ganks found unattractive.[2] Small, mean-looking eyes peered from above the maw,[1] and ears facilitated the sense of hearing.[3] The head sat atop a thick neck, which emerged from between broad, strong shoulders. These capped two thickset, powerful arms, which terminated in hands with five fingers each. In contrast, their legs were relatively short; over all, the average member of the species stood 1.6 meters tall.[1] Their heavy build afforded Ganks great strength,[4] yet they were also spry runners.[5] They augmented their bodies with cybernetics,[6] making them a species of cyborgs.[7] These implants allowed Ganks to engage in silent communication with their fellows.[1]

This is how I want them to look... so much so that I'm almost willing to ignore canon... almost.

Not "new" canon, but the "old" canon is what is in the LoNH sourcebook pretty much.

Here's what Wookieepedia has on their Legends marked page (no canon page for them yet, so they don't officially exist in hard-canon):

The Ganks were a sentient humanoid species of fur-covered carnivores. The typical member of the species had a face that was squared-off and yellow in color, the expression trapped in a perpetual snarl[1] that non-Ganks found unattractive.[2] Small, mean-looking eyes peered from above the maw,[1] and ears facilitated the sense of hearing.[3] The head sat atop a thick neck, which emerged from between broad, strong shoulders. These capped two thickset, powerful arms, which terminated in hands with five fingers each. In contrast, their legs were relatively short; over all, the average member of the species stood 1.6 meters tall.[1] Their heavy build afforded Ganks great strength,[4] yet they were also spry runners.[5] They augmented their bodies with cybernetics,[6] making them a species of cyborgs.[7] These implants allowed Ganks to engage in silent communication with their fellows.[1]

1.6? So they are a short bunch then? Not what I pictured. Well, not as bonkers as that gungan captain, Roos Tarpals, being 2.24 and "average" height for herglics are 1.7 to 2.2 .... How is a range of half a meter an average anyway? 1.7? And the description says they are huge!:P

Anywho.. Where is that old canon from? Did one of them take off its armor in an earlier canon book or comic?

Edited by RodianClone

1.6? So they are a short bunch then? Not what I pictured. Well, not as bonkers as that gungan captain, Roos Tarpals, being 2.24 and "average" height for herglics are 1.7 to 2.2 .... How is a range of half a meter an average anyway? 1.7? And the description says they are huge! :P

Anywho.. Where is that old canon from? Did one of them take off its armor in an earlier canon book or comic?

Not that I know of... must have been some description in a book or something. Many of the sources listed on Wookieepedia are sourcebooks and the like, so I'm sure that someone, somewhere, just made it up for a sourcebook.

f5a6d59d715b1e416d41d5a17040e553.jpg

LoL When I once told my friend I wanted to play a gank he looked at me quizically and asked why.  He thought I said gonk.

If I am understanding it correctly General Grievous was a Gank.  In the episode of TCW, where they are in his lair, there are some statues that show what he looked like early in his transformation.

After searching through a lot of shite, this is the description I've found for them (cobbled together from 3 sources) 

"Ganks are powerfully built, carnivorous bipeds with fur ranging in color from golden yellow to a mix of dark brown to red. The typical member of the species has a face that is squared-off and yellow in color, the expression trapped in a perpetual snarl. Small, mean-looking eyes peer from above the maw, giving them a dangerous, predatory appearance. The head sits atop a thick neck, emerging from between broad, strong shoulders. These cap two thickset, powerful arms, which terminate in hands with five fingers each. In contrast, their legs are relatively short; over all, the average member of the species stands 1.6 meters tall."

I'm pretty sure this is what they look like...and I'm being serious.

BeastMan-By-Tomax2187-01__scaled_800.jpg

Edited by Maleskarin McCox
More information.

On 9/12/2015 at 8:05 PM, RodianClone said:

By the Lords of Nal Hutta book they are red or golden, furry humanoid predators I believe. So tiger-people I guess is one interpretation that works, or some other cat-like creature in my mind. Player`s option. Maybe there are more tha one kind.

That would only be true if it said that they were felinoid, which it does not. 

This is what I had come up with based upon the descriptions given. 

ro_ka_sanz_helmet_by_tramp_graphics_dcbs

There in one of the legends comic books. Dark Empire I think.

latest?cb=20100530201901

Seems like they have no features because they all wear helmets all the time.

latest?cb=20100530223726

Edited by Eoen