Sign in to follow this  
MirumotoTsubasa

Forum Avatars

Hopefully they will at least give us Clan mon avatars. It will help FFG cross-promote the game within its own forums. :)

:edit: Wow, they did it, and faster than I expected. Thanks FFG! And now to slip on my mask...

Edited by paulsk

I'm not up to date on Forum advances, but why don't they allow any avatar? I'm...ok with this random pic, but would prefer the ones I've used for years elsewhere.

Shields you from copy right infringement. This way everybody has an avatar from a property FFG actually owns.

Finally, I can be my corrupted self!

I assume art-specific avatars will depend largely on what art assets FFG picks up in the transition, and what they may have to re-negotiate. Since the helmet and sword art for the announcement of the accquisition of L5R was from a card from a set that may never be released, I can assume they picked up some art assets set for Onyx Edition and beyond.

I would expect FFG to have acquired all art assets as part of the sale of the brand. That doesn't mean they'll make them all into forum avatars (or will make anything into forum avatars in any sort of short time frame). But that's the sort of thing a sensible buyer would make sure to include, and the recent art assets are all digital, so they'll be easy to transfer.

FFG is not going to change their policy on outside avatars just for some L5R folks, so folks should definitely not hold their breath on that front.

Personally, I'm just fine with the existing options.

Clan mons are a great start.  They can add iconic characters for their new game when they have them decided on and art in place.  I'm just happy to be representing brand and clan in an official capacity now.  

Finally, I can be my corrupted self!

I assume art-specific avatars will depend largely on what art assets FFG picks up in the transition, and what they may have to re-negotiate. Since the helmet and sword art for the announcement of the accquisition of L5R was from a card from a set that may never be released, I can assume they picked up some art assets set for Onyx Edition and beyond.

/hug for adding clan mons to FFG forum avatars

Thaddok

PS: Bring Mantis back for 2017