Sign in to follow this  
heychadwick

Jan Ors and Wired?

Jan Ors can gain a stress to give someone else +1 attack die. 

Wired lets you turn a Focus any attack or defense die to a success when stressed. 

So, Jan Ors can give someone else an extra attack die and basically get a free Glitterstim for the round?  Crew member Nien Numb can turn any straight into a green and help remove that stress.  Even if you don't remove the stress, you at least get the Glitterstim for the round. 

Blaster Turret is a good option as you don't need to have a Focus to modify dice!  TLT is also a good one, but starts to get expensive.

The only downside is that you don't get to gain the stress until someone else attacks.  Jan Ors is PS 8, which means if you want to gain the benefit for her attack, the other person needs to attack first. 

A-wings are good ones to boost from what I can think of.  That means Tycho or (with VI) Jake Farrel and Arvel Crynyd.  This could make A-wings a lot more viable, especially if they use some of the new Elites. 

B-wings have Keyan Farlander who is just great to boost with an extra attack die.  What about Ten Numb with a Mangler Cannon that shoots with 4 dice like an HLC?  Oh, and that one crit gets through each round automatically. 

Corran might not need his second attack with the bonus red die.  He doesn't get it for his second attack, does he?  If so....

X-wings have a lot.  Wedge with an extra red die?  Yes, please!  Luke can always use an extra one.  Wes Janson and Porkins also have the PS (with VI for Porkins). 

Horton Salm with an extra die and he gets to re-roll any blanks at R 2-3.  Those TLT's will be 4 dice and re-rolling blanks.  Just have him Focus each turn and he's deadly.  I can even see Horton with a Proton Torpedo getting boosted to 5 dice (re-rolling blanks). 

Airen Cracken can attack as powerful as an X-wing. 

Is it me, or does this seem really good?

Wired allows you to reroll your [Focus] results, not change them to [Hit] or [Evade].  It's certainly a useful EPT for her, but not on the same level as glitterstim; those re-rolled dice will still come up with a [Focus] or blank more than half of the time (4/8 on red, 5/8 on green).

RE-ROLL the dice!  I knew I was getting something wrong.   Otherwise that would be broken.

It's not bad for her, but only if you bring along high PS ships to use it on.  Won't serve much purpose if everyone has already shot at her before she can push a dice out to an ally.

Yes, that's why I listed all the pilots that can go before her.  I think it's do-able, though. 

you could fit BB-8, PTL (integrated astro) wedge and a PTL + VI + Prockets + thrusters jakes (holy 6 dice, batman!) with a bare bones Wired + TLT Jan Ors

99 points for perhaps a bid against enemy PS 9s

which sounds fun, but poor Jans is really sticking out there 

Edited by ficklegreendice

you could fit BB-8, PTL (integrated astro) wedge and a PTL + VI + Prockets + thrusters jakes (holy 6 dice, batman!) with a bare bones Wired + TLT Jan Ors

99 points for perhaps a bid against enemy PS 9s

which sounds fun, but poor Jans is really sticking out there 

I say drop Jan's TLT down to ICT and go for the two point bid.

And ion will be much more annoying than a lone TLT plinking away from a HWK.